“Great for kids and adults.”

Myramar Fuengirola Hotel
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned from a two week stay with my partner and one year old son,we enjoyed every minute. The rooms were very spacious with a nice bathroom with a bath/shower and a separate single shower which came in handy. The rooms have everything you need for self catering. The hotel reception was nice with free wifi which we used for FaceTime on our I phone's to family and freinds back home. Reception area was always clean with staff at reception answering any questions asked. Unfortunately my partner said the woman was a little rude when she asked a question but I never saw this. The hotel was great for kids,everyday it had entertainment and activitys for them,it was a shame my son was a little young to join in,they had a parrot show and an owl show while we was there. We had 3 massages each at buy one get one free which was good for relaxing and cheap compared to England. The pool areas was clean and there was always sun beds available,both swimming pools are good size and clean,as for the other review about rats,I did not see anything like this,although the pool was shut for a day I'm sure there was problems with the pump and not rats getting into the system,I work at a factory and know what a pump system looks like,they had it off repairing or replacing it. I saw the old one taken away and was back working the next day. The location was good as the shopping centre for food and drinks was across the road,also lots of clothes shops and restraunts in there if wanted somewhere near to eat. The beach is about 5 minute walk and the central area is about 10 minute walk. The best way is to cross the bridge at shopping centre and turn left at the end,we walked the long way down towards the castle first time and it took us much longer,also there is a bus stop just at the side of the hotel that takes you into central for 1 euro each. We took a trip to merbella from the bus station in central which cost 3.05 euro each but took ages to get there with a lot of stops on the way. The aqua mijas water park is walking distance and was a good day out,it was a little small but was good fun. We also went to the sealife centre in benalmadena which was ok, similar to ones in England. It was around 2.50euro each to get there. Overall was a great holiday and we was sad to leave.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Mhardman89
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Thank you to say that swimming pools are good size and clean, and sorry if the pool was shut for a day, you are right about the problem with the pump and of course, not for rats getting into the system ;-)
We hope to see you soon.
My very best regards from Myramar Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I totally agree with Fanny D , words cannot describe how uncomfortable and disturbed i felt on this holiday. On my last night i was awoken with shouts of ' all hail the queen ' or something to that affect coming from outside the hotel and directed to the second floor of the main building , i immediatly jumped from my bed to tell these drunken teens to go to bed. My question WHERE WERE THE PARENTS?
this experience terrified the my young kids
EYE OPENER FOR SURE!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Seb s
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just returned from one week stay at this hotel. Travelled as a family with teenagers, apartments were basic but clean. Reception staff were the most unhelpful staff I have ever come across. Each time you had a question, your answer would be a shrug of the shoulders and they had an attitude of "I dont care". From day one this was the case and for a three star hotel one would imagine that the front of house desk would be efficient at their job. Not much for teenagers to do other than going on the internet which for the most time was out of order. When booking we were informed that the beach was l0 minutes away but realistically it is about l5/20 minutes walk.

Had two one bedroomed apartments which were situated on the ground floor next to the pool and had very spacious terraces. We spent our first two days sunlounging on the sun terrace which was very relaxing but on our third day there, we heard a lot of commotion and noise coming from the pool area. There were a lot of workers and the Manager cordoning off the pool and closing it down. They said that there was a problem with the plumbing. We would have accepted this explanation had we not been faced by two big rats who came from the poolside, ran past us and lodged themselves in the hedging of our sun terrace as we stood watching what was going on. We immediately ran into our apartments and could see the two rats in the hedging. We were frightened and horrified. We rang reception and within a minute, one of the staff came to our room and told us that there was nothing to fear, the rats had got into the plumbing and pool water. Subsequently we were moved to another apartment after a lot of discussion with this man. He said that this had never happened before and shrugged it off as being a once off occurrence. He said that the pool would be closed four a couple of days, however, the following morning it was open again and people swimming in it. We never got into that pool again and spent the rest of our holiday at the beach. The poolside bar was very dark and dull and at night we went into Fuengirola rather than stay at the poolside bar for fear of coming face to face with anymore furry friends.

What was supposed to be a relaxing, family holiday ended up as being a "holiday from hell". Having travelled to the sun for many, many years, this was a horrible experience and one that I will never forget. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone and I will never be returning to it, thank god.

Room Tip: Block 1, Second floor
7  Thank Fanny D
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel appartment. The rooms were spacious and clean, towels changed everyday if used ones were left on bathroom floor. Just acroos the road from a large shooping complex which has restaurants, shops and a large supermarket. A 10 minute stroll to the beach, 15 minutes to Fuengirola central which has lots of bars and restaurants. The hotel staff were very nice and always willing to help. A happy hour with football at the pool bar was nice as it got very hot at times. The local train station goes to Malaga at a cost of approx 5.5Euro return and is very punctual and clean. Overall a very good hotel at at reasonable price.

Room Tip: We had a room on the forth floor and did not see any mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bosah60
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind comment, We hope to see you soon.

My very best regards from Myramar Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed at Myramar Hotel from 3rd - 10th June with my husband, 17 yr. old daughter and 14 yr. old son. We had a one bedroom apartment which was adequate for the 4 of us, my only complaint was that there was no dressing table or mirror in the bedroom, I asked at reception for a small mirror but the female receptionist was most unhelpful, i had to buy a small one in the shopping centre across the road, think the hotel could be been more helpful here. Also as this was the first busy weekend in the hotel I felt we were the first into the apartment for the season and it was very dusty and had to dust down surfaces before putting our clothes etc. away. The apartment was cleaned every day while we are there and fresh towels delivered. The bathroom was lovely and big with a shower in bath and also separate shower. The Myramar shopping centre across the road is great and the clothes are very cheap to buy compared with Ireland. Eroski is brillant for all food shopping and also very reasonably priced. The beach is a good 20 min. walk away, it wasn't a problem for us as our children are older, but could be a problem for younger children. It is worth going down to the beach for the day, with comfortable sun beds, toilets on beach and loads of places to eat or we got take away rolls from one of the restuarants to eat down by the beach. I have to agree with other reviews that taxi's are very expensive in Fuengirola, but use the buses they are cheap and regular and not over crowded like some other resorts, if you are going on a long trip by taxi, agree a price first. Make sure to take a trip to Mijas, it's a beautiful old Spanish village in the mountains which looks down over Fuengirola. Restuarants are good in the area, my favourite being Mouchers in Fish Alley area and Wok across the bridge from hotel. My husband and son played golf 4 out of our 7 days there and they really enjoyed the many golf courses near the hotel. Finally, I would return to the Myramar Hotel and to Fuengirola it was great value for money and the sun shone every day, what more could one want!!

Room Tip: Our apartment was located on 3rd Floor with pool view, we did experience some noise on two occasions...
4  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed June 12, 2012

went here for 10 days on 14th may 2012. hotel was nice and clean no complaints there. However we took our 4year old and they put us on the 4th floor which is really high. my husband asked if we could be moved and they said no it was full which was a lie in low season they just couldn't be bothered to move us. I was on edge most of the time because if our son had climbed on a chair on the veranda he could have easily fell over, we should have complained more and got moved.Also our room was facing the tennis courts and people were playing early and woke me up so beware of that, and the view wasn't very nice from there the sun was never on our balcony, Bar closes at 11pm and the other ones were not open( out of season. ) Its about a 20minute walk in to fuengirola especially with a 4year old. got taxi back most nights 7.50 euro which is a bit expensive. theres a shopping centre across the road which is handy but if I ever returned I'd stay in a hotel nearer the beach. If you can visit the zoo in the centre of town that was brilliant your really close to the animals.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank justice29
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in the Myramar from 3rd to 10th June 2012 - Complex was lovely, bright, spotlessly clean with a beautiful pool area. Towels are changed daily. Staff very helpful and friendly. However as we were travelling with children we found the 40 min walk (might be quicker with only adults walking!) to the centre of Fuengirola a real problem and we had to take a taxi back each evening (€8-€9). There is a beach a 10 min walk away but again you are at the end of the promenade. My children refer to this as our 'walking holiday' - we also found the hotel bar very expensive, charges were almost double the local costs. There is a wonderful shopping complex beside the hotel so stock your fridge. I have to admit the distance away from everything would deter me from returning to the Myramar......

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view.
1  Thank Lekat66