“we had a lovely time”

GreenLeadersBronze level
manchester
“we had a lovely time”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here at the end of July,The Angela ticked all the boxes for us,adult only on sea front and it seemed to be a have a happy hour some where in the hotel day and night.
The rooms where'nt overly big but had everything in them you could need,we had room 917 this had a good view think it was the top floor.
Tv had a good selection of English progs which was a bonus.
People did the usual and put their towels on the sunbeds,we went to the sister hotels bit on the beach paid 5euros and had a comfy bed on the beach with a glasses of sangria thrown in.
My only complaint was it was toooo hot for a fair and freckly one like me 100+,my husband loved it .
Sure anyone who stays here will enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Angela Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion about Hotel Angela on Trip Advisor and for the high rating you gave us. We are very satisfied to hear you had a lovely time at our hotel so we hope you visit us again at some point as it would be lovely to see you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I didn’t book this holiday but bought it off a friend a few days before departure.

I found it a very clean hotel, in a good location.
All the reception staff were excellent, especially Alison, who was very helpful.

My room was a little small, even though I’d paid for a superior but it was kept spotlessly clean. If you wanted a clean towel you just put the used one on the floor for the maid.
Beds are on the firmer side of firm
I paid 16 euros for the fridge. It wasn’t working when I checked in at 11.50am but was replaced by 7pm. Reception refused to refund me for that day.

Restaurant staff were very good, apart from one, a large, middle aged, dark haired man who worked in the evenings. He was quite rude and he would start clearing the tables at around 9pm, even though dinner goes on until 10pm. As I was travelling alone, I decided to eat late so I’d miss the rush, he’d be flicking table clothes next to me as I was eating food, he even moved my belongings to another table while I was up getting my main course. I thought they’d been stolen!! He should be a gardener and kept away from guests!!!
Breakfast was good. Salad bar and desserts were very good in the evening but the hot food was under lights and can only be classed as motorway food at best. (Not the chefs fault, just the system the hotel runs)
I only used the pool in the evening after being on the beach so I can’t really comment.
The one evening I spent in the hotel bars was not the best. The entertainment was pretty poor in my opinion, I’ve heard better singers in a karaoke bar, the low point was one guy crucifying Nessun Dorma, saying that I’m only in my 40’s!!! To top it off, I was overcharged at the bar but didn’t realise until I came to check out the morning I was leaving, it then became an issue as they wouldn’t take my word but said they’d have to speak with the barman, even though my bus was leaving in 10 minutes, for the sake of 5 euros I told them to keep it!!
I personally wouldn’t return to this hotel but would recommend it to older people who are not real “foodies”

All in all it wasn’t a bad holiday, I’d say 5.5 out of 10, just little things (mainly my evening meal) brought it down to a 3* experience for me

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nitram-Swansea
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel has been refurbished, we were told by people who had been there before that the rooms were the same except putting in a shower instead of bath, but the rooms were clean and plenty of wardrobe space. The entertainment was good for the most part including singers (Mario very good) and comedian and dancers. There was entertainment in both bars and sometimes on the terrace by the pool and plenty of happy hours. If you left your sunbed for more than an hour your towels were removed, not so good if you just went for a walk for an hour. The hotel is in a good location, close to bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Hotel Angela as your holiday hotel and for writing a review about it. We are glad to hear you liked the location and entertainment and hope you visit us again in the near future.
rotherham
Reviewed September 4, 2013

if you,ve been before its better if you,ve not been before its good. The pool is new clean with lots of beds but with all pools theres a towel on a bed problem in that there's towels put on a bed that may be vacant all day. but whilst we was there if you was'nt on your towel for ten it was removed. we found food varied warm and fine and drinks fairly priced for a hotel. really good location rooms clean and ok, if not a little small . not really a hotel for young people more for the middle to old range but if you don't want rave music and to fall down drunk every night then any age may enjoy it.

Room Tip: 1st floor could be above dinning hall or bar / lounge
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks a lot for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Ángela as your holiday retreat. We are very happy to hear you like the new looks of the Angela and hope you enjoyed your holiday with us. We also hope to see you back soon!
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

arrived back yesterday after two great weeks at the angela. everything from staff,food.rooms and entertainment first class.how anyone can say the staff are rude amazes me they can't do enough for you and are always pleasant. good tip if your not keen on the milk go to spainsburys yes I got it right it's near the white church they have british milk filtered and sent over every Monday.

Room Tip: we found the extra for superior room worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and nice comments. We are very happy to hear you spent 2 happy weeks at the Angela, that you liked the hotel and you found our staff pleasant. It would be great to see you back at the Angela so we hope you revisit soon!
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday here with friends and we would return. A nice hotel with good facilities in an excellent position on the sea front. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the food was good especially breakfast. We would also recommend the Cafe for lunchtime salads, toasties and happy hour. Pool area was very nice and we never had a problem getting a sun bed although there weren't always parasols available. The rooms are quite small but lots of wardrobe space. Room for long dresses and big wide drawers for shorts and t shirts. Safe was free but they charged for the fridge, but tea & coffee provided which we appreciated. The rooms had been newly decorated but our bathroom was a bit tired. Plenty of hot water though & a good shower with free toiletries. We had paid for a room on the front which had a good view but the room seemed smaller due to the 2 windows taking up space. It was also very noisy particularly as we were overlooking the bar and main road. Our friends room next door seemed bigger with another good view. I would try & get a room ending 24,23,22 on the poolside next time but perhaps on a higher floor so less noise. The balconies are close so if your neighbours smoke & you don't you will get the smell in your room. The entertainment was OK, but we mostly went out. It was very much aimed at the older audience. We are all mid 50's to early 60's but still like to enjoy ourselves & have a dance. There is an excellent entertainment room downstairs which would be ideal for a disco but it was all live music some of which wasn't very good. Lots of people danced when there was the opportunity and it was a bit more lively but this wasn't often. Alexandra Avery was very good, brilliant voice with a wide range of songs & audience participation. There should be more of this with disco afterwards once people are in the mood. It wouldn't have to be all high tec with flashing ligts etc, just some tapes with variety of music. We did find a lack of bars catering for younger people although that could have been that we weren't looking in the right area. We had a walk most days along the front which was very busy with all nationalities. We also visited the local market on Tuesday and had a taxi to Puerto Banus, very nice. We did't like Marbella as much & everywhere shut in the afternoon. We did like Fuengirola though & would go back to there and the Hotel Angela.

Room Tip: Poolside, high and between 18 and 24
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank StaffsAlice
Thank you for sharing your opinion about Hotel Angela with other Trip Advisor users. We are very glad to hear you liked Fuengirola and you would come back to the Angela for another holiday. We hope it happens soon as it would be great to see you back!
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We found the hotel very nice, staff and entertainment to a reasonable quality, loved the 3 x 2hour happy hours, the food was well presented in both the dining hall and snack bar.
George on the terrace bar on a wednesday night was very good.
liked the tuesday night comedian and krazy cats on a friday night.
all in all for adults its a nice place to relax in.
queing for the sunbeds was fun especially watching people move the beds around to suit them
having the beach across the road was a big bonus thought the water looked a bit dirty.

Room Tip: high floor pool facing room
1 Thank 279dougie52