“Good lunch ”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wok Direct is good on almost every food. Fried duck always tray empty and sushi selection too small. Besides these small defficiences food is very good. Watch for drinks must be ordered. Pitcher of beer 1Liter is THE most economic sacrifice.

Oferplay D, Departamento de Comunicación at Wok Directo Fuengirola, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your comment. We hope you come back soon!

Regards,
Wok Directo

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a choice of 2 buffet style Chinese restaurants close to our hotel. This one won due to having a 4yr old as it was a slightly closer walk. We were greeted as we walked in to a smart well appointed restaurant and offered a table big enough for our troupe of 3 grown ups and 5 children (4-10yrs). Drinks were ordered immediately but then (although not rock science) we were left to our own devices as to how their set-up worked. No one offered an explanation. We had 3 members of staff stood over us as we ordered drinks who were all talking to each other in Spanish. Rather off putting.
Can't fault the food, it was fresh, interesting and the freshly prepared stir fry was fantastic. Although I would not put the raw meat next to all the veg, not very considerate to vegetarians.
But here's the rub, there was zero atmosphere, a little appropriate background music would have made the world of difference, it was like a works canteen. The staff were all young and spent most of their time stood in a group looking at their phones. I made sure I got the most from the €15 per head they charged but to charge the same for children 7yrs and over I think is rather saucy. It's a high price to pay for a plate of egg fried rice and some pancakes. As we left the waiter stood next to our table didn't even lift his head out of his phone to bid us a hearty farewell, something you kind of expect to encourage possible repeat business.
All things considered it was a once in a life time experience in the fact that we won't be going back.

Oferplay D, Departamento de Comunicación at Wok Directo Fuengirola, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion so we can improve our service. We hope that you come back soon and try more dishes from Wok Directo. :)

Regards, Wok Directo

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Returned for our usual visit to this restaurant, family favourite - we eat so much can only do this once on a trip. Can’t understand the review about very few desserts, 2 areas for desserts one by the sushi and one in a large stand up clear glass chill fridge.
Sushi, grill and wok stations all tip top - food fresh and constantly topped up.

Oferplay D, Departamento de Comunicación at Wok Directo Fuengirola, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Irene A:

Thank you very much for your kind review :) We are pleased to know you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

We’ve taken many of our friends to this restaurant over the years ’cause there’s plenty of different kind of tasty food available, always fresh ingredients, cost-efficient and fast service. Recommended.

Oferplay D, Departamento de Comunicación at Wok Directo Fuengirola, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Arja N:

In first place we want to thank you for visiting our restaurant and taking the time to share your experience and opinion on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards and we hope to see you again some other occasion.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

This resturant is open 2-5 during the day there is a large selection of dishes to try and the quality is good, I've eaten in this resturant many times and generally go there between 2-3 on this occasion I went at 4.pm my friend was delayed and arrived at 4.15. I had my back to the buffet and was enjoying my lunch and was unaware of what was going on around me I decided to try a main dish unfortunately all the food had been removed, I was totally unaware that at 5.pm this was the resturant policy, on reflection I can accept that if they didn't do this some people might just sit there eating all day, however whilst I can now appreciate why they have this policy I think I should have been made aware of it, I think it's wrong of the resturant to assume that this is a policy that everyone is aware of. when I was given the bill and raised this issue explaining that I had not had enough time to eat and I did think it was right to pay the full price for food that was unavailable, they were extremely rude to me. if I had been made aware that they removed the food I could have either chosen to go to the resturant earlier or not at all.

Oferplay D, Departamento de Comunicación at Wok Directo Fuengirola, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear Susan A:

We are so sorry for the inconveniences and we are going to report your issue right know.

Kind regards,