“not good hotel”

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Belfast, United Kingdom
“not good hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just back from a ten day holiday in the las palmeras hotel on the 4/7/2013.We were all-inclusive but breakfast lunch and dinner were not good.Food was cold and not much variety for a 4 star hotel .The all-inclusive did not have a snack bar at the pool if you had a wanted crisps our any snack you had to pay50% so to me that was not all inclusive.The pool was disgusting it needs a good revamp I did not see any body even clean it and you were not allowed to use your rubber ring I can not swim so I could not use the pool.There was no entertainment just a guy playing recorded music.The rooms was clean and the hotel was central to bus and train station but I am so glad to be home saved up all year I might as well threw my money away.It has put me completely of holiday again.I told the girls in Thomas cook never send any body to this hotel.There was a lot of Spanish people coming in to the hotel at lunch time they must have come in on bus tours so you could hardly get a seat in dining room to me they were only catering for the Spanish people so please take my advice and stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemary B
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We inform you that we will pass your comments to the management of the hotel and take note about all recomendations. With our best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

having stayed in this hotel for a week 17th july 2013,hotel looks nice as you enter,staff were lovely apart from the waiter in the dining room who constant pestered us to take our children to his own magic show,he as very creepy and we couldn't enjoy our food.FOOD,very poor,having paid over £2500 for a weeks all-inclusive thinking all drinks,snacks etc were included,only to be told at the pool bar you have to pay 50% of the snacks.POOL,was so disgusting it was never cleaned while we were there with pigeon droppings all around the pool and sick in the pool from the day before and cigarette ends floating in the pool and it also doesn't open til 10am,sea view which we paid extra for on the 4th floor was a car scrap yard view.There was only one bar open,no roof terrace bar,entertainment was a guy playing a keyboard to pre-recorded music,for being a family hotel,2 stag-do's running up and down the corridors til 5am and no hotel security.So glad to be home,worst hotel lve ever been to and will never visit again.

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel,is there a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We inform you that will pass your comments to all hotel departments and note about all recomendations. With our best regards, H. Las Palmeras

Travelers are raving about these Fuengirola hotels

darlington
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Just returned back from the las palmeras and I was very disappointed indeed. I did read reviews before I went and was a little apprehensive with what I read but I thought its a fourstar and should be decent enough, well it should be. It's and old style hotel not to bad in reception they were very pleasant and we were checked in nice and quick. Our rooms were very spacious and clean I can't complain about that, was cleaned to a good standard everyday and the maids were friendly and nothing went missing from my room at all with what recent reviews said. The pool area is ok the pool could do with a bit of a revamp but it was ok to a certain extent. The pool bar staff were again very friendly and had a joke and that with them service was good, free cocktails were brought round the pool by the waitress and pizza one day too, which was nice, but normally and all inc hotel serves snacks from 10 but this hotel you have to pay for.!! The beer, vodka soft drinks were all fine tasted fine. Now where this really let's the hotel down is the food especially for a 4* hotel, I will say breakfast is the best meal. Lunch and evening meals were pretty basic, not good enough for a 4* again, well the soup was the nicest thing for me. I am not saying the food is not edable but it could be so much better we ate out for lunch most days, and a couple of nights too. The entertainment was very poor, for a family hotel there was hardly anything for kids, and for adults it was very poor we had to go out and find entertainment. The location is smack bang where the night life is a lot of roudy ppl but they were just having a good time and not causing any bother really. Great if your on holiday with a group and want to party. I hate moaning about things and go on holiday a lot but the points I have made are relevant and honest, if we're to go back I would not book all inclusive at all, or it would be the last resort if I had to return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Carmen S, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear customer:
We appreciate your confidence to choose us to enjoy your holidays and we greatly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take note of your suggestions and hope to have you among us. Sincerely,
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Well we've just returned from 1 week at this hotel(10/07/13-17/07/13),and as stated above, if only I had !!
Sadly we had to cancel our provisionally pre booked holiday for personal reasons so we we're left at the very last minute trying to get an holiday with our exact requirements,we live and learn.
This review is based purely on our own views and opinions.
Lets start with the shuttle/transfer from Malaga to the Hotel,travel agents,Last minute dotcom/Lowcost holidays literature states,transfer time 25 minutes,we had minimal drop offs and it took 90 minutes,I spoke to another English guest at our hotel and he said it took his family 4 and a half hours with 15 drop offs,yes 270 minutes,that was longer than the flight.
At the Hotel as we we're the only guests booking in,it went well and quick,a few minutes.The room was adequate and clean with a side sea view overlooking the pool and breakers yard,not as bad as it sounds at all,no noise from the yard.The food was,well I would say very repetitive,very little choice and as per other A.I hols I've had abroad,warm. We walked in the dining room and straight out on at least 5 occassions and ate elsewhere,not good when you pay for A.I.,extra money out of the budget.I don't know where these other people have eaten when they write things like" food was good and plenty of choice ",Lol. The majority of the staff are friendly,but there is a minority of staff that are brutally rude and ignorant and don't hide this.The pool bar staff in particular the female,we're an exception,I didn't get her name,but they we're very friendly and welcoming.The Pool itself is on the 5th floor and very dated and to say the least small.No inflatable rings or aids are allowed in the main pool and you will be told as much.In fairness we didn't struggle to get a sun bed no matter what time we went to the pool.1 of the main reasons we booked this hotel as with all our other A.I.'s is the fact they provide all day snacks,soft drinks,ice cream.......NOT !!! The travel agents info said it did but when you arrive and question about snacks your informed quite abrubtly,"We do not provide snacks",the only thing they do provide is soft drinks and local beers. Ice cream is available at half the list price if your A.I. So if your like my wife and I,we usually just have a small breakfast,snack all day,then have a decent evening meal,well we we're stumped on several counts really,breakfast yes,no snacks,decent evening meal,NO!!
This hotel is very centrally located and as such is in a noisy environment.The hotel walls are wafer thin and everything could be heard from below,above,and either side,lots of children making noise so I would conclude this is the noisiest hotel I've ever been in.Again literature states Sat tv,2 english NEWS channels thats it unless you speak fluent spanish.If you get a room on the wrong side of the Hotel,London bar side,you won't sleep untill the bar closes,0200/0300 hrs week days,and 0600hrs weekends,this is fact not fiction.
We found out a few days after our arrival that this hotel is used in the main by Spanish people on their main holidays and hence not very welcoming towards Brits,thats other guests and staff(with the exceptions listed)Brits are very,very,much the minority and not catered for.
To sum up,........AVOID THIS HOTEL !!!! Very noisy,not welcoming and food dreadful.
If only I'd read Tripadvisor BEFORE booking we would never have booked,but as I stated,my fault,live and learn,and trust TRIPADVISOR.

Room Tip: Don't go here !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alanedwards842016
Nieves B, Hotel Las Palmeras at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear customer:

With our best regards,
Hotel Las Palmeras
London
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had a nice stay here in May 2013, the hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the train (direct connection from Fuengirola to Malaga airport) and bus station and across the road from the main boulevard.

We booked the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis only and the rooms and breakfast were fine. Rooms clean, large and also the bathroom was massive.
The balcony had a side view over the harbour.
Only little downside was the noise of the night club, (London pub etc.)

But during our 10 night stay it was REALLY loud only twice.
The other nights, if you ensure the balcony door is closed properly is fine.
However in full high season would no recommend couples with small children to stay here, go to a quieter city / village.

We did excursions to Gibraltar, Ronda, Porta Banuz, Marbella and Benalmadena from here.

Overall, nothing wrong with this hotel, and for all those people complaining, you get what you pay for, bear that in mind... There are much more expensive hotels in the city for which you could expect higher level of service and better quality food but for what they charge at Las Palmeras, the product is fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, less noise from there I guess
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dutchboy81
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have found this hotel to be very accomodating, friendly and VERY central to everything you need in Fuengirola. Dont believe all these poor reviews, you need to understand that this is a lively resort and yes you will get some noise but overall its a great hotel. The pool has sun all day round and although cant accomodate all guests you have to remember you are 2 mins from the beach!! If you think the staff are rude I would suggest YOU make an effort and speak in Spanish to them, after all this is SPAIN!! I have booked a 3rd visit for the end of August 2013 and look forward to it.........Thank you to the staff of LAS PALMERAS!!

Room Tip: I would always request a sea view or a room away from the nightclub side, the hotel will help if the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Mark D
fife, scotland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

i have just came back from being in the hotel for 10 nights and to be honest so glad to be home! it has to be one of the worst hotels we have stayed in! we are a both 20 years old so was not botherd after hearing about how the nightlife is loud. first of all every single night we were there the key card stopped working for our room so we had to go down to the reception and complain and lets say they were less than helpful they just laughed and acted like they couldn't speak good English! all staff in this hotel were extremely rude unhelpful and to be honest we felt like they didn't want to be there! the only staff member that was slightly cheery and spoke to everyone in the hotel that was Lorenzo!! then there was the food which to be honest was unedable! one night there was the option of pork or beef and the next lunch time there was the option of pork/beef burgers!! the food was so bad that we actualy ate out 6 out of 10 nights which was okay cause we had the money to do it! we met some lovley people there and they were all saying the same as we were! we are so disappointed because it has ruined our holiday! there was also an incident where my partner went up to the pool bar for a drink for the two of us and he got the shutters shut in his face as it was half past 6! we were all inclusive if that's what you could call it! also the entertainment.. there was none what so ever! the place was dead the last couple of nights so depressing and bar staff all couldn't wait to finish.
overall had a terrible experience at this hotel would never go back and would not advice anyone to go either!
I am going to send an email to the hotel as I am totally disgusted and would like a refund!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple