“Great atmosphere”

Moochers Jazz Cafe
Ranked #20 of 1,023 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Description: Dinner for one or a party for 50. With Live Music EVERY NIGHT, huge menu choice and healthy portions of fresh food served in a friendly informal atmosphere Moochers is a great place to not just eat but to enjoy an evening.Established in 1993 and still going strong. Come in and see why.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Although known particularly for its pancakes, I always go for a steak with a sauce and usually a jug of prawns as a starter. Consistently good food and with some quality music too, particularly on Fridays, you can't go wrong if you're looking for a lively night out.
Intended to go for Christmas Day but they were fully booked!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been to Moochers three times and never had a good experience yet.

The atmosphere's great, but the food has always been below average when I've visited. First time, the lasagna was so overcooked, I could hardly get it out of the bowl.

The second time, the steak was too overdone - I asked for it rare and it came medium. The waitress was pleasant when I mentioned it, but told me that if she asked the kitchen to cook it again, I wouldn't get the replacement for at least 45 minutes (the restaurant was very busy), by which time, everyone else I was with would have finished eating.

The third time, the filling in my pancakes was cold.

I think it must just be bad luck on my part, but I couldn't recommend Moochers to anyone for the food - the atmosphere is great, but the food gets a thumbs down from me.

2  Thank Sherrie1108
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have visited Moochers Jazz Cafe in the heart of Fuengirola on numerous occasions, it has not improved with each visit, mainly because the first visit was perfection and the same standard has always been maintained.
Live music, great food and the most fantastic host have made every visit to this fantastic restaurant unrivalled on the Costa del Sol.
I would thoroughly recommend the BBQ ribs or the Steak - grilled to perfection every time.
The welcome that greets you as you enter the place is first class and the owner always recognises faces visiting for a second, third or fourth time. I have been with a mixed group of couples, on a boys night out and also sharing a romantic evening with my beautiful wife, every time 100% great.
Do not miss the opportunity to visit what is easily the best restaurant in Fuengirola.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fantastic place with a great atmosphere and the food is great too!! Never a dissapointment when we go, the food is great value and you get brilliant portions. Service is also very good. We have visited a number of time and will always make sure we visit when we are in the area. Great for the whole family!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Moochers is by far the best venue in Fuengirola for great food, great live entertainment and great drinks. We have enjoyed countless visits to this friendly, easy-going, yet professionally run, restaurant and jazz cafe.

The staff are always enthusiastic & attentive and you can feel that they really want you to have a great time. The live musicians always provide top quality entertainment and it is different every night. This time we saw Monkey Tennis and Jeff Johnstone, both excellent in their different styles.

The food is just delicious and very good value for the portions served. Try the pancakes, or the steaks, or the fish.... in fact everything is worth trying!

If you go to Fuengirola visit Moochers on your first night and I predict you will return again and again.

Many thanks to Chris, Rob, Louisa and all the team for looking after us so well last week. We hope to be back really soon!