“Never disappoints on quality and service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Pizzeria la Pergola

Restaurante Pizzeria la Pergola
Ranked #78 of 939 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints on quality and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We return every year to this pizzeria in Fuengirola and are never disappointed. We have been going for nearly 20 years and the waiters have seen us get engaged, married and now we go with our children. The children are treated well, the food is always of a high standard and the staff are extremely friendly. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in July!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnnieRafferty

surrey
“never lets you down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Whilst on holiday, we have been eating at La Pergola for over twenty years, The food is excellent, the quality always top class.and you get excellent value for your money.
The tropical salad easily serves four as a starter and at 8 euros 50 is a real bargain. The pizzas are fresh and delicious and the pasta is home made. The baked alaska crepes for dessert are amazing.
If you want the privacy of one of the side booths it might be as well to book, or you might end up at one of the communal tables in the centre of the restaurant. This is a busy , buzzing restaurant with masses of regulars - visitors and locals.
They're situated behind the post office and are closed on Wednesday. A great place!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MozSurrey
Basildon, Essex, England
“Great value, excellent food and a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

La Pergola sits behind the main Post Office near the Fuengirola Square and can be easy to miss. Even some of the local taxi drivers seem to be unaware of it. However, if you ask for the Post Office, its only a 2 minute walk, and sits at the junction with Calle Pelungeros.
Its quite an unassuming little place, and I initially visited it several years ago, drawn by its quaint exterior.
Its often full booked, so be prepared to have to reserve a table. If you arrive between 7 - 8.30 you will generally be seated immediately, but after this, expect a 45 minute wait.
There is a fairly extensive menu, offering typical Italian fayre; home made pasta, pizza, chicken, and veal weigh heavily on the menu.
During my weeks stay in Fuengirola, I dined at the restaurant 5 times, so our party had the opportunity to sample several dishes on the menu.
Starters are simple, but excellent value, ranging from €2.50 for garlic bread with cheese, to €7 for a "Cocktail de Gambas" (Prawn Cocktail), which is a wonderful creation. Homemade minestrone soup is superb.
Pizzas are very popular with the local clientele, and I tried 2. One, the Mexicana, was a little bland for my palate, but once I was provided with some chilli oil, it livened it up a treat. The pepperoni offering is very good indeed. Toppings are generous.
The Cannelloni was probably the best i had ever tasted, and very filling indeed. I must add that meals here are served HOT, and not lukewarm like so many establishments. I found this experience quite refreshing.
Hidden away on the menu are several salads, and there is an absolute gem amongst them; the Tropical Salad. The standard salad comprises mixed leaves, orange segments, pineapple, kiwi, avocaado pear, apple and mozzarrella as its main base. But as I discovered, you can add a portion of gambas to the salad for just €1, and turn it into a superb prawn salad. In fact, I chose this option twice. Priced at €9, it costs little more than the prawn cocktail, and is absolutely faultless. It comes with seafood sauce too.
Other dishes sampled by my party all met with similar approval, and only the lasagne failed to please. Whether this was simply a case of receiving the last portion cut from a larger lasagne, or whether the chef forgot to add enough bolognese sauce I do not know, but it was virtually 100% pasta. Other diners seemed to fair much better so I imagine it was just bad luck in this instance.
Desserts are relatively simple, ranging from pancakes to pastries. Worthy of note is the Tiramisu. I personally detest this overrated dessert, but having seen most diners choose this option, I decided to try it myself. I am sure it sent my calorie intake into orbit, but it restored my interest. It was without doubt mouthwatering and better than anything I have tried previously.
Drinks are moderately priced. I opted for a half litre of Sangria each visit, priced at €7, and this was indeed refreshing.
So overall, highly recommended, and great value, high quality food.
But be prepared to wait for a seat!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank mstribli
Fuengirola, Spain
“Good Food in Cosy Atmosphere...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have been here a few times now and always have real good food. Their fresh pasta is one of their best and never disappoints. Their Tropical Salad is another one of our favourite dishes, and their staff are always nice and friendly. It's worth to give them a try when you are around.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Narathip
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, friendly Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The veal escalopes, we had a milanesa and the bolognese escalopes, were excellent and reasonably priced at 11.5 and 12 euros. The atmosphere is cosy Italian and on the night we visited, clearly popular with lcoal customers enjoying the food and service.

Visited April 2013