“Incredible ”

Mia's Pizzorante Gourmet
Ranked #29 of 1,248 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Description: The desire to Mia's Pizzorante is to provide a healthy, traditional and contemporary at the same time cuisine. We included dishes from all over Italy but also accommodate international cuisine. Our kitchen concept includes the use of DOP products (Protected Designation of Origin). But we were not there. We ensure that the products also count on the recognition of IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) and STG (Traditional Specialty Guaranteed) from different Italian regions. They are fresh and seasonal products never forget that we are what we eat. From the love of good food, our clients discover while visiting the pleasure of the simplest dishes prepared at the time, with care and attention to detail, as taught by the Classical Cucina Italiana. Buon appetito.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Strolled upon this restaurant by chance while we were desperate to find somewhere to eat, and although we were not booked in the waited and owner made extra effort to fit us in!
Ordered a bottle of house wine and we were given the same service as if we’d ordered the finest bottle of champagne. Best meal we’ve had this whole holiday and the service was amazing. Made to feel as if you’re very special!
The food is also absolutely beautiful, fresh bread, pasta and pizza! We will be back!

Date of visit: June 2019
MiasGourmet, Propietario at Mia's Pizzorante Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would give our overall experience 3.5 if I could for the setting, lovely drinks some of the lovely food but the lack of staff and the mangers attitude to an issue with the food left a sour taste in my mouth.

On a recent holiday, my husband and I visited twice. The first time was about 9pm. We didn't make a reservation and waited about 20 minutes but had nice drinks whilst we waited. For 3 courses it took around 2 hours. Observations were, the food was generally very tasty, reasonably priced, nice setting but there wasn't enough staff to actually give customers attention. With the food, the only criticism on this evening for me was that the banana cheesecake wasn't sweet enough but the coconut ice cream did make up for this.

The waiters were rushing absolutely everywhere and I mean everywhere. It was hard to get eye contact or to keep them still for a second to ask for anything and to keep their attention because of this. I caught on quickly to order my cocktails before i even finished as it took quite a while for the bar to make them. For this standard of restaurant we had no idea who our actual waiter was.

The second occasion, we booked for my husbands birthday and told the manageress it was for this occasion which was noted down but no mention of this was made at all on the evening. We sat down at 8pm and had 3 courses and drinks. On this occasion, service for food was much faster but the cocktails again took some time. Again, staff were rushed off their feet and walking at some speed with hot dishes in their hands. I worried someone would push their seat back and take them out!

I ordered a starter which was a special for the evening. I was told what it was, so I can only describe it as large cheese ball fried with a tomato sauce on the side. When it came out it was nicely presented and when I cut into the side of it and tasted it, initially it was warm (not hot) and delicious. When I took another bite it was evident it was only warm on the outside and cold on the inside. I managed to flag down a waiter, he didn't have great English, but I tried to explain, he nodded and he took it. I wasn't sure if he understood and whether he was bringing a fresh one or not. Bearing in mind it was a large ball and I had only had two bites. I then had to ask another waiter who had much better English what was happening. He went and checked. The first Spanish waiter with poor English then came out with my original ball which looked half the size of what was taken away, it had been heated up, slapped onto a new dish with no lovely garnish/presentation with the tomato garnish on the side in the original dish. I really do wish I took a picture because I had a lovely before photo. Because of the waiters lack of English (not his fault, I know) the fact my family were now nearly finished their starters and there were no other servers to be seen at this point I ate it but was so disappointed.

At the end when the bill was delivered by the manageress, I wanted to offer her my feedback for the starter and that is what I actually said. She interrupted me abruptly, didn't let me finish and rudely said ok, i'll take it off! She was clearly not happy! As a customer, offering feedback, not even asking for a refund, I was really surprised at her attitude and this left a sour taste in my mouth.

It was my husbands birthday, we chose this restaurant for the nice food we experienced a few nights before but I wouldn't go back because of this. A fresh starter should have been given and a customer should never be made to feel like they are the one who has somehow failed.

Date of visit: June 2019

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Looked busy, so asked for a table for two. They were happy to accommodate us although we had not booked. Very pleasant atmosphere, very efficient service and great food. Would recommend a visit if down this way.

Date of visit: June 2019
MiasGourmet, Propietario at Mia's Pizzorante Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

I do not think you can find a Better pizza anywhere in Andalusia this is really a Hood restaurant and er come here every year

Date of visit: June 2019
MiasGourmet, Propietario at Mia's Pizzorante Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Thank you very much.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Was recommended this restaurant by some other holiday makers as they stated the pasta was excellent. The menu for pasta dishes was limited which was disappointing. However the food we had was very nice and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: May 2019
MiasGourmet, Propietario at Mia's Pizzorante Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Thank you.