“Two great meals in a week, used by locals not just tourists, run by the same family for over 20 years.”
Review of Restaurante Don Pe

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2019

My parents always come here on the first night of their holidays, they have been for 10 years so as we were with them this year we went to. It’s a year since they were here, but just walking in off the street they were greeted as if they had left yesterday. The staff remembered their names, about the fact my nephews had finished university this year.
We sat down and ordered drinks, they suggested the bottle of wine my parents drink while there.
On Monday evening we had ham and melon, tomato soup, filet streak, pork cooked in foil, paella for two. Each was great and we would happily eat them again.
We went back on Thursday evening and my husband and I were greeted the same way as my parents had been, they remembered our names, having only met us once before.
We went back Thursday to have one of the specialty dishes sucking pig for 3 of us. This takes 3 hours to cook so needs to be preordered.
To start we had Mushrooms on toast, Dom Pe mushrooms and pate which we shared. For mains we had the sucking pig and beef stroganoff. For afters we had plain ice cream and cheesecake.
Drinks are reasonably priced, we sat inside on both occasions and it was a lovely atmosphere. There is outside seating which you are able to smoke at, and you get the street sellers and street entertainers which then ask for money, not in an offensive way but it can get tiring after a while.
We will go back next time we are in the area, and I’m sure my parents will be back at least once a week for the rest of their months stay.
The staff were really lovely and it’s been great to be able to meet some of the people that make my parents holidays the happy time they are. My mother has in the past been here in a wheelchair, high chairs are provided without any question. They have a large room at the back that a lot of locals use for birthday or family occasions, this has doors to it so you can be self contained.
An amazing restaurant and we will come back again.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank msw151610

Reviewed June 6, 2019

One of the best restaurants in an area with plenty of choice.
The staff are very welcoming & friendly. The food is always fresh and well prepared.
Good value for money and well worth a return visit.

1  Thank Harry_1753
Reviewed May 27, 2019

A very friendly family run restaurant, great ambiance in summer or winter.
The menu is excellent and the food is cooked to perfection, all the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble.
We have been coming here for 15 years and never been disappointed, we have become very good friends with Israel the owner and ensue we visit at leas two or three times throughout our stay.
Great value for money.

1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

best steak in fuengirola centre!!! every dish we have had has been phenomenal, crepe suzettes are a must! brilliant service and amazing staff. definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank kelcv
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Always look forward to my visit to this excellent restaurant. The staff make you so welcome and the food is well cooked and great value. The lobster soup is excellent. I will be back again next year.

Date of visit: April 2019