“Valentines Night Out - albeit a day early!”
Review of Casa Roberto

Casa Roberto
Ranked #65 of 1,077 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having read various reviews of Casa Roberto, I requested that my partner bring me to this restaurant for an early valentines night out. On entering, we were not disappointed - the decor was great - the golf clubs and atmosphere was palpable. However, the rest of the night was a real disappointment. Our waitress (although very elegant with beautiful blonde hair and a nice smile) very obviously couldn't care less whether we enjoyed the night or not. The wine we requested was plonked on the table...she forgot the water but brought it following a reminder. The food was very disappointing. We both had garlic mushrooms which were nice...I had grilled rosada which was greasy and almost unpalatable and my partner had the BBQ ribs which were just ok and served with a watery BBQ sauce. The baked potato was horrible. Had I been asked, a baked potato is the last thing I would have requested. Every time the waitress came to our table she was dismissive and had a 'bored' look on her face - and we weren't even demanding!! I understand that in restaurants in tourist destinations people come and go, many never to return. However, I live in Fuengirola four to five months every year and return to many restaurants on a regular basis as we are treated with real courtesy and kindness. Our experience in Casa Roberto was not pleasant - mostly due to the waitress who was so dismissive of us and so 'bored' in her attitude. There was another Spanish girl who came to our table a couple of times and smiled and asked were we ok - such a difference in attitude. It is unlikely that we will be back. And yet, a salutary message to Casa Roberto - I have four children and many friends and family who visit on a regular basis. Please do not underestimate those who come to eat in your restaurant and who looked forward to a special night out.

1  Thank Mairead H

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant, very relaxed.. Food very good and the right price. 100% must visit if your in town.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It is a number of years since I went to Casa Roberto but this restaurant, with its 4000+ golf clubs hanging from the ceiling, is as good as ever. The food is always good but, If anything, it has benefited from its very good value Menu Del Dia. I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken pasta starter and the goulash, and its unique atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are restaurants.....then there are restaurants. Yet just occasionally one surfaces by surprise which is exceptional, which sticks in the mind long afterwards for being VERY different.
Two weeks ago my wife and I were in Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol, and were checking out a few restaurants prior to eating. Reading menus when you're hungry is the best aperitif of all; in half an hour you're ravenous.
We happened upon a 3-storey place in a narrow street just off the Plaza Constitucional, a pretty square with a delightful church in the centre and a place for local families to walk and chat(remember...like WE used to do in Britain!). The restaurant-Casa Roberto-stood out immediately with its 90% covering of bourganvilia up the front. and its "do come in" appearance.
Stepping inside is a shock to the system- and for golfers it would be a real 'wow'. You see across the entire ceiling there are golf clubs and even golf bags and golf boots hanging down from the wooden beams like manic stalactites.And hundreds of twinkly fairy lights festooned throughout, not to mention the candles.It is a startling scene for the first time visitor(we went back several times), but it is repeated on the next floor.There are approx 5,000 golf clubs and, as if that wasn't eye-popping, try the estimated 1,500 to 2,000 spirit/vermouth miniatures on dolls house-type shelves. Nearly all untouched ! We were assured that ALL the clubs and ALL the miniatures are dusted EVERY week for backbreaking hygiene reasons.
The floors are bare planks, the twisty stairs too are very old wooden stairs with hundreds of bizarre distractions all the way up like brass and copper pans, crates of real vegetables, more golf paraphernalia and twinkly lights.
The toilets....well, unspeakably different; the mens' has a full size female mannequin complete with long red wig standing side by size with the urinals. The ladies' (yes I confess to giving way to my curiosity) is even more risque-a full size male mannequin wearing only boxer shorts awaits shocked women. But women being women cannot help but explore to find, aghast, that the chap has a rubber d**do welded on in a certain place.Needless to say every second-time visitor returns armed with a camera; well would your friends believe you? Of course they wouldn't.
Goodness, I've not mentioned food or drink and, well, it IS a restaurant.The meals we had were tasty, plentiful and well presented.The service, right from the quick and friendly greeting at the front door, was efficient and unobtrusive and well worth the tip.Each time we were offered freshly baked artisan breads, still hot and accompanied by garlic butter--well, half way between butter and mayonnaise in style. My cold starter of sliced chicken breast with lightly curried mayonnaise, croutons and salad garnish was refreshingly light. The beef goulash served with rice was tender and tasty though with little resemblance to Hungarian goulash.The kebabs are like no others I've ever seen; they are skewered and the 15" long skewer dangles from a frame on the table-well nothing is just plain ordinary here. The desserts are to die for.The banana split, whilst delicious, wasn't a split but but a 'stack'. However, that's splitting hairs and is entirely consistent with the fact that the place is utterly whacky. One last example of just how whacky it is is exemplified by the time honoured practice of inviting diners to bring a felt tip pen and write names and messages on the walls, the lampshades, the window ledges....in fact all over except the table cloth. So remember your felt tip and your camera.
We cannot wait to go back ! Parking? Yes, yards away in a well signposted, clean, secure underground car park beneath the Plaza--about euro 3 to 4 for your stay.
Oh, I forgot to say that the menu del dia at euro15 (3 courses) is a great option for the budget-conscious who won't be disappointed.

Phil /Tilly Hellawell, L
Lancashire

2  Thank Philip H
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This restaurant has been here for around 15 or so I believe. The owner is a golfer and there are golf clubs and other items hanging from the ceiling. The room has a very cosy and intimate atmosphere and the service is very good. We ate from the set menu and found it to be good quality and value. 15 euro a head for a starter, main course and dessert. Will be visiting again.