“Great food & great service”
Review of El Rio

El Rio
Ranked #34 of 1,054 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Spanish restaurant, hidden in the back streets of Los Boliches, lives up to it's status as No. 1 in Fuengarola. We went about 7pm on a Tuesday and there were just a few in the restaurant. By 7:30 it was virtually full; all Brits.

The service and attention by all the staff was impecable and extremely friendly . There was always someone available when you needed them. They even made time to help me with my Spanish vocabulary and pronunciation.

The menu is varied and well priced and the food cooked to perfection. Our only regret was that we could not fit in another visit during our stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A great weekly set price menu and a varied al a carte menu. Guests are always made welcome by Antonio the owner and all the waiters. Nothing is to much trouble and any diet can be catered for.The food is excellent and the wines are reasonably priced. Also is the El Rio tapas bar across the passageway where again the food is great and served in a more relaxed atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank steph_maurice
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading the glowing reviews here on TA, we went to El Rio recently. Nice decor (if a little dated, yes, this is highly subjective), good service considering there was a table of ~ 20 persons behind us, fair price. However, the chicken Kiev on the daily menu was very disappointing. Deep-fried in a batter, some might like it that way but I didn't.

I won't return to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent service with very friendly staff. Food is great especially the Paella. A lovely atmosphere and a very clean place to visit. Will definitely go back

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited El Rio with my wife on Saturday 2nd March. We reserved a seat for 21:30 with no problems and had a nice drink in Tom's Irish Bar which is just a few doors away beforehand (well worth a visit if you are a sports lover even if you are not).

I chose the three course daily menu which was just €12.50 (bargain). I had the Cannelloni Gratin for starters, Pork loin with cream sauce for mains and Chocolate Mouse, recommended by the waiter, for dessert all of which were lovely. They also threw in bread and olives. My wife had the swordfish from the main menu which again was beautifully cooked and was plenty of it. Both dishes were accompanied by a section of vegetables.

For the price you can't go wrong especially the daily special menu. When you consider that a McDonald's is around €5 it is extremely good value for money for what in London (where I live) would be 2-3 times the price.

The restaurant itself was very relaxed and was quite busy when we went but not over noisy. And the staff were very attentive but not always in your face which was nice.

Would definitely recommend.