“Rustic regional Spanish cuisine”

Molino de la Romera
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Carmona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London
“Rustic regional Spanish cuisine”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

On the edge of the old town with fine views across agricultural land. Has a rural feel to it. Efficient and pleasant service.

I enjoyed two tapas, boquerones which were quite large fried fish, not the small anchovy ones that also have this name, and a spinich and chickpea stew. Both were fine. I liked the stew which was interesting and tasty.

Main was a stewed lamb. Sorry, I've forgotten the name of the dish. Lumps of lamb (mutton) that had been cooked for a long while to make them soft and tender - and, more importantly, tasty. There were sliced potatoes in the stew too, although I think these would have been cooked separately as they did not have a stewed texture to them. A thick dark sauce completed the dish. It came in its own stew pot with a lid. It really was very good, well cooked, tasty and filling.

Good rural food.

• Visited July 2014

“An Easy Find. But a Good One”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Carmona. What a fine alternative to the Parador restaurant. Half the price and twice as good. A stones throw from the Parador. The lovely terrace was full but they seated us inside by a window, with view of the terrace. The staff were friendly, welcoming, and attentive when requested. An English translation of the menu was provided, and help was willingly given in selecting vegetarian options for my partner, something which is sometimes not easy in Spain. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. Excellent quality. Excellent value.

• Visited August 2014
“Beautiful setting, food not the best”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has a beautiful terrace and most of the food is fine. The mushroom filled with risotto is lovely, as well as the almond soup for example. However, we ate the tuna tapas and the scales of the fish were not properly removed. Service was friendly.

London, United Kingdom
“Upmarket restaurant with superb view”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just round the corner from the Parador. It was unseasonably cold so we sat indoors in front of a window so were still able to enjoy the view. Started with the tortilla (not typical Spanish as a bit crispy but lovely) and a ration of the bocarones (whole deep fried fish like whitebait but much larger), both of which were great. Then went to solomillo de ternera done al punto which turned out to be medium (we prefer medium rare) but was still extremely tender and very tasty. A lovely restaurant which would probably have more success if it were not so close to La Yendra. It is, however, cheaper. We enjoyed our evening very much indeed.

Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A restaurant with one hell of a view...”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My Fiancee and I visited the historic town of Carmona with some very good friends of ours, during which we ate at the Molino de la Romera; an authentic, rustic Andalusian restaurant with real charm and character.

The first thing that you'll notice when you arrive are the breathtaking views of the colourful central plain of Andalusia which goes on and on as far as the eye can see, also a few 100 metres north you the spectacular Parador which is worth a visit afterwards for a coffee and a nose around. Once you have digested the views, taken a few photos, you're ready to eat!

The restaurant has a beautifully decorated yet shaded courtyard which is perfect on a warm summer's day, as well as many side rooms for dining which I imagine generate a superb cosy typically Spanish atmosphere in the evenings...

The menu is short...which always a good sign in my book.

We ordered the Espinacas al estilo de Carmona to start, a local dish consisting of spinach, chickpeas and egg but cooked in a wonderful rich sauce which is packed full for flavour.

For mains I opted for the Ragout de Venado de la Sierra Norte, a type of stew with slow cooked venison. I was surprised to see venison on the menu as I have never associated it to the area, so thought I would give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. The meat literally melted in my mouth and was so tasty, I could eat it over and over again. Simply beautiful. The others had Secreto Ibérico and Solomillo Ibérico, which were cooked to perfection and what good quality meats such as these deserve. We also shared three homemade desserts, all of which were delicious.

The bill came to around €70-75 between the four of us which was excellent value considering the quality of meats as well as bottle of excellent local red wine.

The only drawback was that I had to wait about 10 minutes for my main after everyone else received theirs.

• Visited May 2014