“Upmarket restaurant with superb view”

Molino de la Romera
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Carmona
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Upmarket restaurant with superb view”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just round the corner from the Parador. It was unseasonably cold so we sat indoors in front of a window so were still able to enjoy the view. Started with the tortilla (not typical Spanish as a bit crispy but lovely) and a ration of the bocarones (whole deep fried fish like whitebait but much larger), both of which were great. Then went to solomillo de ternera done al punto which turned out to be medium (we prefer medium rare) but was still extremely tender and very tasty. A lovely restaurant which would probably have more success if it were not so close to La Yendra. It is, however, cheaper. We enjoyed our evening very much indeed.

Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A restaurant with one hell of a view...”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My Fiancee and I visited the historic town of Carmona with some very good friends of ours, during which we ate at the Molino de la Romera; an authentic, rustic Andalusian restaurant with real charm and character.

The first thing that you'll notice when you arrive are the breathtaking views of the colourful central plain of Andalusia which goes on and on as far as the eye can see, also a few 100 metres north you the spectacular Parador which is worth a visit afterwards for a coffee and a nose around. Once you have digested the views, taken a few photos, you're ready to eat!

The restaurant has a beautifully decorated yet shaded courtyard which is perfect on a warm summer's day, as well as many side rooms for dining which I imagine generate a superb cosy typically Spanish atmosphere in the evenings...

The menu is short...which always a good sign in my book.

We ordered the Espinacas al estilo de Carmona to start, a local dish consisting of spinach, chickpeas and egg but cooked in a wonderful rich sauce which is packed full for flavour.

For mains I opted for the Ragout de Venado de la Sierra Norte, a type of stew with slow cooked venison. I was surprised to see venison on the menu as I have never associated it to the area, so thought I would give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. The meat literally melted in my mouth and was so tasty, I could eat it over and over again. Simply beautiful. The others had Secreto Ibérico and Solomillo Ibérico, which were cooked to perfection and what good quality meats such as these deserve. We also shared three homemade desserts, all of which were delicious.

The bill came to around €70-75 between the four of us which was excellent value considering the quality of meats as well as bottle of excellent local red wine.

The only drawback was that I had to wait about 10 minutes for my main after everyone else received theirs.

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent finding!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Were looking for some nice place to eat but everything was closed. Literally, locked down. Wasting time we found el Molino de la Romera. Looked at the menu and like the offer and "it's pricing". We discovered a very friendly place with a local atmosphere. Ordered red mullets and the local stew " carrillada de credo iberico" (cheek pork fed with acorns and prepared with red wine). Just to die for! Fabulous home made chocolate soufflé accompanied with 1847 sweet sherry wine. Total with tip, 45 euros. Don't miss it. Near the Parador, on the way to down town!

Visited May 2014
saddleworth
“Great setting, poor food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The view is superb, and near the Parador where we stayed, but our meal was awful. We had grilled Rosada - hake they called it, which hadn't been near the sea for a long time, and was very tough. They had no wine list and the white wine produced was far from dry, and practically undrinkable. The worst meal we had in Spain.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lucysaddleworth
Firenze
“Perfect place to eat near the Parador.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch on their patio today. I had the cold tomato soup and a venison stew, which was delicious. My wife enjoyed her oxtail stew. The grilled peppers were good as were the chicken croquettes. The view from the patio is wonderful. The service was excellent. A very pleasant and relaxing meal. The half portions are very large. Order the tapa version instead.
38 Seconds Ago