This hotel is very easy to find, being signposted from all over Antequera. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it's very much up-to-date; the lobby is ultra-modern and the rooms are also very modern.
I travelled with my dad and the purpose of the visit was to use the hotel as a staging post for a visit to the nearby Lobo Park.
There was quite a bit of paperwork to sign upon checkin and unfortunately neither of us paid too much attention to it - more on this later! I was pleased to see our rooms were adjacent and the rooms themselves had wonderful large, comfortable beds. There was air-conditioning but in my case the lowest temperature setting was 23C, a few degrees warmer than the thermostat is set to at home. This is unusual in hotel rooms in my experience, as normally they go down to 20C or lower.
The rooms overlooked the swimming pool, with a pleasant view of the countryside beyond Antequera.
The location is a few minutes' walk away from several shops and restaurants, with a hypermarket a couple of minutes away by car. It was a perfect location from our point of view, with easy access to and from the motorway network.
The only thing that caused any problems was checking out. We were presented with a bill that was higher than expected, as they'd charged me for breakfast (which I didn't have) and they'd charged my dad for breakfasts too despite him being on a rate which included bed and breakfast. It took a lot of wrangling before the charges were removed (initially they were just reduced a bit, but we persevered) and we were glad we had a printout from their website showing confirmation of the rate we'd booked!
It turns out the documentation we'd signed upon checkin had the wrong rates on it, something neither of us had noticed. It's worth going through those forms with a fine-tooth comb if you stay here.
I suspect (and hope) it was an isolated incident and although it took the shine off the stay it was resolved and the staff were apologetic about the whole thing. The hotel itself is wonderful and aside from the checkout glitch it was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green gardens, white walls, confortable furniture and a refreshing swimming-pool bring life to this Parador which is located near to all the important centres, and is ideal for meetings and relaxation. Antequera, which is set of dolmens, one of the best preserved in the world ,is also a barroque enclave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Parador de Antequera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Antequera Hotel Antequera
- Parador De Hotel Antequera