“How can anyone complain?”

Globales Reina Cristina
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Algeciras
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Returned home today (1.7.14) after spending a week at this hotel.

What can we say apart from this is a wonderful, relaxing hotel with great rooms, bar, restaurant and outstanding food, and a beautiful, clean swimming pool and outstanding gardens, with a free mini bus to and from Gibraltar airport.

The staff in the restaurant were excellent. Reception staff extremely helpful.

The hotel is absolutely spotlessly clean, Ive never stayed in such a pristine hotel and we have stayed in hotels in Vegas including the Bellagio. Also, the gardens are beautifully kept.

The management must be applauded for such a smooth running, absolutely gorgeous hotel.

We cannot understand anyone complaining about this hotel.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

I do not understand why anyone should have any complaints regarding this hotel.
Ron and Gail, Stratford on Avon

Room Tip: Any room would have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LONELYBRITS
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear guest
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay in Globales Reina Cristina.
It seems you had an excellent stay and enjoyed what we had to offer.
We strive to adhere to our guests every need above and beyond their expectations and I hope this is what you encountered with us.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and i will be making sure that i pass on your comments as the whole of the staff will be very much grateful for it.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon
Best regards

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have just returned after 2 weeks in our favourite hotel, which we now call our second home.We were warmly welcomed by all the staff and our requests had been fully met.
We have been visiting this hotel for many years, sometimes 2 to 3 times a year.
We feel totally relaxed as soon as we walk in, which for us is one of the most important parts of our holiday.
We were so glad to see the pool bar open and the pool barman so very attentive, always checking if we would like anything , he is doing a very good job.
At busy periods the restaurant and bar had more staff on and we never had to wait to be served and plates were cleared away very promptly.
They have a new chef and one night we had a special of the most beautiful fish, very tasty.
We are now planning our next visit.
Again l would like to thank all the staff for looking after us, l am unable to name just one because they are all wonderful.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank HA1012
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for having chosen our resort for your vacation!
We absolutely adored your rating and sincere comments. We are very grateful for your taking the time to share them!
To receive commentaries like yours really encourage us to continue working hard for our guests´ wellbeing. We will be happy to pass them to all our staff.
We would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

After enjoying our first visit to Hotel Reina Cristina last October we visited the hotel again this year from 15 June to 22 June and we were not disappointed.
The hotel room and grounds are beautifully maintained and food throughout our stay was delicious. The staff are friendly and all requests were dealt efficiently and with a smile.We would love to visit this hotel again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank JMCPonty
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing, on the Trip Advisor, your opinions about your stay at Globales Reina Cristina .We are glad to know, when we read, on your review, that you spent your holidays wonderfully among us.
We appreciate enormously all your complimentary comments about our hotel, and we thank you for the opinion you expressed about our staff, we appreciate it.

Wishing you visit Globales Reina Cristina next 2015.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been to this hotel twice before and have always enjoyed myself. My sister and her husband visit Reina Cristina several times a year. I travelled with them and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very welcome. The weather, company and surroundings were wonderful. We are hopefully going back to celebrate New Year at Reina Cristina, and I am sure we will all have a great time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Catherine H

Dear customer,

Thank you for your wonderful review,this kind of comments are the ones that made us feel proud of our job ,and give us the impulse to carry on giving the best of all our team members in order to archive our main goal ,provide the best well deserved holiday experience to our costumers.

We hope to see you back soon for another great holidays.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here as it was close to Gibraltar which is where we where going the next day. We were with another couple and received 2 rooms that where on the top floor with balconies and in one of the suites. Lots of history with the hotel. We did not eat supper here, but walked into the town to find a local restaurant. Rooms were clean, The pool was nice, mini golf course did not appear to be maintained. Breakfast was included and was buffet with lots of choice. Front desk staff spoke English but bar staff by the pool had limited English.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianne M

Dear guest
It seems you had an excellent stay and enjoyed what we had to offer.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon
Best regards

Thank you very much .

Reviewed June 23, 2014

As others have advised, no transfer was at McD. I suspect transfers aren't arranged and anyone who phones in a panic like I did are told to walk back towards Gibraltar and take a taxi. But I did have a pleasant driver and was quite surprised when we drove up to the hotel as it is scenic, if you ignore the port in the near distance. The AC in the room is struggling to cool the room. The staff generally struggle to understand my strong English accent but they are very helpful and can't be faulted. Complimentary Cava, although I don't drink, and they also provided some biscuits. But about four hours later when I fancied a nibble I saw there were ants all over the plate which had been sealed with cling film so I don't know if they were there on delivery as an appetiser. I took them straight to reception at arms length and they sent someone straight up with bug spray. I had emailed in advance asking for help with tours but have been printed a map and advised to use a bus. As a single traveller this doesn't appeal and I prefer to pay for a guided tour so am now scrabbling on internet trying to organise this. I may ask reception to try and give a couple of companies a call shortly and help me arrange it as I have no Spanish but I'm not sure if I should. But to end on a positive note, the staff are very lovely and trying to help and it does seem to be a very quiet hotel as I wandered to the pool after lunch and there were only three people there so getting a sunbed doesn't look like it will be an issue, plus I have a private balcony, if I'm not too scared there may be more ants.

Room Tip: I had a twin port view room for which I paid extra. I would have much preferred a double bed as it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Maureen C
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Reina Cristina, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in our hotel.
We sincerely value our customers' opinions because they always help us to improve our service for future customers.
There are always many aspects we need to work on to make our hotel better and you have certainly helped us do that. We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy our improvements and give us the opportunity of serving you as you very well deserve

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located for the port. That's where it's appeal ends.

The food was buffet style, bland and dry.

Staff overall friendly but was barked at by 1 waiter in an accusatory manner to check I had paid for me €1 espresso before leaving the dining room. I had, to another waiter.

I requested late check out of 14:00 when I arrived which was agreed. In the morning when I came to query something I was rudely informed that I would have to check out at 12:00 as late check out was not possible.

The receptionist began raising her voice and flapping her list of bookings for the day telling me it was impossible. I explained that I had made plans around having a late check out. She then huffily I told me "ok ok" and had a very dismissive manner.

Went to my room to shower and change at 13:15. Whilst standing half undressed a gentlemen opened the door with a card key. He was the new guest!! With embarrassment he left and I tried to call reception who did not answer.

Then again at 13:40 a staff member barged in the room with a list, obviously coming to check that the gentleman was correct in saying the room was occupied. Why come in so abruptly?

When I went to check out I advised the originally rude receptionist what happened and she shrugged. Repeating that the hotel was busy.

In all my years of travelling I have never had my room opened by another guest. As a solo female traveller my safety was very much compromised.

I would not stay here again and do not recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank djjojojuice

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in our hotel.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Algeciras
AC Hotel Algeciras
#8 of 12 in Algeciras
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar
#2 of 5 in La Linea de la Concepcion

Been to Globales Reina Cristina? Share your experiences!