“not great”

Ranked #2 of 10 Algeciras B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“not great”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We chose this hostal because it was close to the ferry to Morocco, the price was low, it got a decent review in the Rough Guide, and the better-rated hotels were not within walking distance of the port. We were glad that we stayed near the port, so we could scope out the ferry the night before and get there easily in the morning. However, the room was damp, and everything was flimsy and cheap. Taking a shower got the bathroom floor unavoidably wet. I guess it was not unexpected for the price. But the hostal's practice of locking the inner gates with a padlock, when the desk attendent had to leave to do something or at night ( when we came down early in the morning, the gate was locked and the attendant was asleep) was unsafe in case of a fire or emergency. We were there during Easter, and the market was closed the day were were there, so I can't speak to the noise, though I was looking forward to seeing the market.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aschwartz10100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Recently had the dubious experience of staying at this hotel. It is impossible to find by car. It took me many hours & many wrong directions to locate hotel? Staff do not speak English, which I was told they could. I made many phone calls to hotel for directions but was not able to communicate. The room I was eventually allocated smelt of something rather strange....I returned to my hire care for luggage & upon return I was allocated another room. Rooms are very very basic. Very flimsy doors & thin walls. Could hear people talking normally next door.. View was an outside wall. I had booked breakfast, but surprise surprise! No breakfast available. I was directed to nearest bar & had to pay myself. Also be aware that this hotel is situated in market square. Lots of noise 3am onwards.
I would not recommend this hotel & will definitely not stay again. Very poor all round

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dobbstar

Travelers are raving about these Algeciras hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Algeciras
Marina Victoria Hotel Algeciras
Hotel Mirador
Hotel Mirador
#9 of 12 in Algeciras
O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel

Been to Hostal Nuestra Senora de la Palma? Share your experiences!