“best in Ptuj”
Review of Gostilna Ribic

Gostilna Ribic
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Ptuj
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Slovenian, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gostilna Ribič (Ribich) is a restaurant with 25 years of culinary excelence in the city of Ptuj. Located directly on the bank of the river Drava, the restaurant offers a romantic ambient that adds a relaxing touch to the culinary experience. Although the restaurant is famed for its fish dishes, we also take pride in our meat dishes that have been re-imagined in a modern culinary style that reflects the local region. Fresh and local produce are at the core of our work and we inspire to bring forth the best that our region has to offer. A modern culinary experience in a historic town - We welcome you to Gostilna Ribič
Kranj
“best in Ptuj”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went there only once.Food fair prepaired, staff organized.
It is the only restaurant in Ptuj worth going isf you want to eat ok.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur
“Great place by the river”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I ate here on my first and last night in Ptuj. I'm usually not a fish person but since I'm in Ptuj, I thought I should give their seafood a try so I ordered the pike pearch fillet on barley and vegetables. It wasn't the best mainly because there were alot of bones and the there wasn't much flavour to it but the pork medallions with goricka ham in cheese sauce (saltinbocca) which I'd on my last night was superb. The portion was just nice and eventhough it was cheese sauce, it wasn't very heavy and I even had a salad to start! I topped it off with a good glass of house wine.

• Visited November 2013
Munich
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Ribic is right on the river next to the pedestrian bridge, and boasts a wonderful terrace outside.
The food is excellent, and the service very friendly and competent. We had several courses and asked the waiter to recommmend wines by the glass. He did, and he made excellent picks. The whole wine list is available by the glass, and very reasonably priced.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MunichEricJ
Ottawa, Canada
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The evening started off well at this restaurant and we looked forward to a nice meal, dining at one of the outdoor tables overlooking the river. Our meals were average and rather bland (my husband had chicken, I had the evening special, the mixed fish plate). As the evening progressed, it got busier and busier and our waiter was nowhere to be found. They were clearly understaffed. A large group came into the indoor dining room and we soon found ourselves ignored, with our empty plates sitting in front of us for a long time (the same situation for several other tables around us). I finally had an opportunity to order dessert, however, I had to wait so long that I almost considered cancelling. Maybe we just hit an off night, however, this was not a good experience for us, and for a restaurant of this caliber, just not acceptable.

• Visited September 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Very nice!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hi, we had great experience in this place, food and stuff and nice river view ... Everything was fine, oriental and made with soul.

Visited August 2013