“must see”

and up
Castles Tours from Brasov
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Sinaia
More attraction details
Owner description: This 19th-century castle was commissioned by King Carol I and is considered to be one of the most beautiful castles in Europe.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

we were on a day trip to transylvania. we took in tours which included peles castle and the region.its a very beautiful region with forests and mountains we took our tour with quasar travel agency , who were recomended by our hotel .they were excellent Ciprian and Liviu looked after.
. us very well.they spoke great english and were very knowledgable.it was a long day but worth it.
other places on our tour were sinaia monastery,cantacuzino palace,bran castle, rasnov citadel.
all great.dont miss this tour.

1  Thank saltyDublin
Write a ReviewReviews (3,162)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Peles Castle and its grounds are beautiful. The setting in the Carpathian mountains is idyllic. The design is reflective of Germanic background of its builder. Romania is very fortunate that the Communists did not destroy it during their reign.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is one of the things you must must see if you find yourself in or near Sinaia. The views are just amazing. The magnificent Peles Castles, with its fairytale turrets and pointed towers rising above acres of green meadows sprinkled with haystacks, was built as a summer residence by Romania's longest serving monarch, King Carol I, who died and was buried here in 1914, just months after the castle’s completion.

It's a work of art combined with a lot of Romanian history. I have visited this castle at least 5 different times and loved it. Last year I took my husband on a tour of Sinaia City.. We had a blast, would go back anytime.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Must, must, must see!!!!! even now, already 2 years later, just of thinkig about that amazing castle I have goosbumps! better tnan it are only castles in Germany. the best word to describe it is beatiful!
in January of 2011 entrance was 20 RON which is 40 doll, but it worth every penny. for being able taking pictures incide there is extra charge.

1  Thank margusea_zvezda
Reviewed February 19, 2013

One the most beautiful castles in Europe. Everything is so well preserved it feels like someone still lives there. Great nature surroundings I recommend it in winter when there is snow. It's magical. Don't miss the smaller version Peleshor few kms away. The town of Sinaia is magnificent little place in the mountains. We were a large group and not allowed to visit the upper levels but I would really like to see that too. The castle itself has a great story. A must see attraction for me it's more attractive than Bran Castle

1  Thank Marija N