“No Credit Cards accepted”
Review of Taverna Sarbului

Taverna Sarbului
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Sinaia
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was several times in Taverna Sarbului. It has a rich menu and quite good food quality. If it is busy, I can not say service is good.

In the past credit cards were accepted but it changed in the bad way during the time. They put an ATM machine in the entrance and they say get cash from there (they treat you like it is same with credit card payment) I believe the owner wants to pay less taxes and now accepts only cash so easy to hide real turnover.

1  Thank i_go_my_way
There are newer reviews for Taverna Sarbului

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Taverna sarbului is a must go place in sinaia. Perfect place for company and great food. Staff very professional.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was at this restaurant on a saturday evening at around seven pm in march.
The staff was very friendly and the restaurant not very crowded in the nonsmoking area.
It was appropriately busy, and the feeling was warm.
Service was good. The food was ok, meaning i had the house special (delicious) with a side dish of rice (it was ok but not great).
Desert was fantastic.
The restaurant has a well chosen selection of wines (we personally had a superb rose);
As for the price, i think it's good value for money on par with other restaurants of this level.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We really like the Taverna Serbului, we've been there three times. Be warned that it is very heavy on the meat, especially pork (faithful to Serbian cuisine.) The traditional appetizers are really tasty, and some are healthy. Everything was tasty. They brought us free tiramisu or cheesecake with sparklers. Definitely worth seeing the men's bathroom for it's decoration also.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was there with my girlfriend around 12.30. We ware welcomed by a member of staff.
Service was fast and polite.
I was really happy with the way our waiter served us.
We had 2 beef soups (really tasty) and after we had some Liver and Beans with Sausages ( fasole cu carnati afumati).

All the dishes ware tasty and fresh.

It's pricey but you pay for what you get.

I will go back next time I'm in town.