I have recently returned from a vacation in Predeal Romania, staying at the Predeal Comfort Suites. I am writing this to provide other travellers thinking about staying in this hotel with an expectation of the service they can expect. Particularly considering Romania is now a part of the EU and more western travellers may be considering it.
First let me say that the hotel itself is very nice, despite the egyption style being a bit strange for a Romanian-based hotel, it is done very well and the rooms themselves are very comfortable and of high quality.
The need to write however, is in response to the service recieved. The service was at best poor and at worst to the point of being rude! I consider myself a fairly easygoing traveller, so it takes me a bit to get dissapointed, but found myself very angry at the way we were treated by the staff at this hotel particularly considering it is rated as the only 5 star accomodation in Predeal. I will provide specific examples so you can make up your mind for yourself whether I am being reasonable or not in my review.
During our stay the following occured:
1. A Xmas party was held at the hotel on Xmas there was no warning or indication that this party was being held for guests of the hotel. It began at around 8pm and concluded at 1:30am the following morning! While this would not normally be an issue at most hotels this hotel possesses no facility for having such parties, there is no soundproofing and to make it worse the center of the hotel is open so the sound travels straight up through each of the 5 floors! The music was so loud it was impossible to hear the TV in our room and we were staying on the 4th floor! Our friends staying on the 1st floor said it was unbearable in their room.
I first made a call to reception at around 10:30pm to enquire as to how long the music, band etc would continue. I was rudely told that it was a Xmas party, people were dancing and it would continue as long as people were having fun!
The second call was made at 1:00am again I asked whether this would continue much longer, as it was impossible to sleep. I was again told maybe half an hour and was hung up on!!!
I only wonder how some of the other guest who had small children got on during the night!
2. Security card access - like most hotels these days we were providing with a smart card allowing us access to our rooms. However, unlike others this one was broken in a few places and held together with sticky tape! Upon returning from snowboarding I noticed that our card had again broken, we turned it into reception where we were told we would be charged 5 Euro for a replacement card! We told them the card was already broken and held together with tape and it was harsh to be expected to pay for replacement of an already broken card! We were answered with no words just a shrug of the shoulders as if to say "bad luck". We were then handed the replacement card which was again held together with tape!!! laughing I said if we were to have to pay for replacement cards then I would like to be provided with one that wasn't already broken, this was ignored and we were handed the card that was worse than the first.
3. Dinner - Our stay included dinner for most of the nights we stayed there, however, most of the time we ate out as there were some great restaurants in Predeal. One night however, we chose to eat at the hotel buffet which started at 8pm. Entering the restaurant area we noticed there were no free tables so enquired how long the buffet ran at reception. We were told it continued until 10.30pm so we decided to return to our room and wait until some tables became available. Heading back down to the restaurant at 9.30pm we sat at a table, which had not been cleaned since the previous diners. We then went to check out the buffet only to find there was literally nothing left apart from a couple of overcooked chicken nuggets. We returned to our table and tried to get the attention of a waiter (it should be pointed out that this is a relatively small restaurant, only about 8 people were in it at the time and around 6 waiters). We were flatly ignored for about 15 minutes until someone finally came to our table. I asked how long it would be before the buffet would be replenished, I was told about 10 mins. We waited approximately 20 in which time we were not asked if we wanted drinks or anything. Again I asked when the food would be replaced I was told soon. In the meantime all the wait staff congregated in the kitchen and were watching us as if waiting for us to get fed up and leave. Well guess what after half an hour of waiting we did!!! We got up and left and reported the situation to our helpful reception. We were again greeted with their usual bad luck we should have probably got there earlier. In fact we were actually told that we should have done what some other guests had done and got a plate and taken it to our room to eat to avoid missing out!!! So we headed back up to our room hungry and very angry! On our way up to our room I noticed that the wait staff then began just packing everything up, they had indeed been waiting for us to leave so they could just pack up they never intended replenishing the food.
As I am writing this I realise it is a bit long-winded, so will conclude by saying that there were other smaller incidents that occured, but the main thing was just how poorly and rudely the staff at Predeal Comfort Suites handled these situations.
To sum up, the attitude of staff at the hotel is "oh well it isn't our problem". Well guess what you are a 5 star hotel it is your problem!!!
Think twice before paying to stay here!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Predeal Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Predeal Comfort Hotel Predeal
- Comfort Suites Predeal