“If you're not with a big group, you're completely ignored”
Review of Orizont Hotel

Orizont Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Predeal
Bucharest
“If you're not with a big group, you're completely ignored”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I regret choosing this hotel for our 4th wedding anniversary.

The hotel is one of the best looking in the area. But as with people, looks matter less when there's nothing 'inside' - and by that I'm referring to the services. This hotel is popular for team buildings, events and welcoming foreign groups. Trouble is when you come on your own. I wasn't bothered by the bath robe with the torn apart collar, nor by the lamp on the desk not working or by the bath shower where you couldn't change the source. I was bothered when we couldn't have dinner on our wedding anniversary, because they had some groups over and they've closed completely for the other guests, the European restaurant (called 'Orizont') without announcing. I have to mention that if you find this restaurant open, the food is very tasty.

This restaurant was supposed to be open until 1am (so, passed midnight), according to the information available in the room. Given the hour (about 22:30) we wanted to order room service, so we called at the number available in the info booklet. They didn't have room service anymore. We called the restaurant, using the number in the booklet: number vacant. We called reception and asked for the restaurant - they declined to serve us, because they had an exclusive service for a group. They had another restaurant opened, presented as 'traditional Romanian', but which actually plays a lot of gipsy music (fiddler music), having nothing in common with Romanian traditions, not to mention the menu is completely different. I know this because we had some drinks at that restaurant and it convinced us to stay away from it. In other words if you didn't want fat dishes or meat, if you're a sports person or a vegetarian, you didn't have an option. I tried to negotiate with them to prepare at least 2 deserts (if you can count that as 'dinner', but they declined). There was not one single manager available at that hour. By the time all this was finished it was already 11 pm, with no place to go or to order, not to mention it was raining cats and dogs outside.

Pointless to mention we could hear the party downstairs, past midnight, from the 5th floor, so we had to close the window.

Parking: When the groups arrived, there wasn't any regular parking spot left for the other guests.

Cleanliness: Clean, but don't expect them to go out of their way to clean your room.

Safe-box: in room, very small. It could fit 2 wallets and some mobile phones. You can't put a camera in it.

Facilities for physically challenged persons: available from what I could notice, but don't take my word for it.

Mini-bar: no auto-refill. Just on demand.

Info booklet: outdated. Phone numbers not valid. Not even the tv channels don't match 100%.

Swimming pool: Depth: 1.6 meters. As a regular swimmer I can tell it has a lot of chloride and chemicals in it, as the water is very dense, reduced visibility and difficult to swim underwater.

Room Tip: Best room can be found at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KissTheRottweiller
Andrei M, Public Relations Manager at Orizont Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2015
Dear KissTheRottweiller,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, which is certainly helping us to identify any criteria’s in order to keep and further constantly enhance our services for our guests. Because the Hotel Orizont Predeal considers guest satisfaction its primary mission, feedback from our guests is important.
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several aspects and sincerely regret that the latest performance in the hotel was not what you usually expect. Let me assure you that we have thoroughly discussed the critical aspects as the unsatisfactory room equipments and the unreliable service at Restaurants with the employees and supervisors concerned in order to prevent similar future occurrences and to ensure a consistent level of service. Cleanliness is a basic need for every guest which we are obliged to meet as hotelier. Therefore I am happy to use your valid comments for a refreshment training with our housekeeping team - thank you very much.
The attitude of some of our team members can not be excused. I will personally take care of this. Please accept our sincere apologies that this did not happen during your stay.
I really hope that we can win back your trust in us and look forward to your upcoming stay.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we wish you a great summer ahead.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Hotel Orizont Predeal team or me at any time for any inquiries or help you might need.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Until then we wish you all the best.

Andrei Marin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Highly recommend it, for everything, even is a bussines travel, weekend or holiday relax.
Great place, nice and clean room even is a little small, clean and fully equiped bathroom, nice pool (1.7m deep), interesting SPA facilities. Good WIFI also.
They have two restaurants, one with traditional food, one with mediterranean specific. Breakfast is included in room price, is not a spectacular breakfast but is fine - if you want to eat in decent conditions when is (almost) fully booked period you may wake up a little earlier, from 9.00 everyone wants to eat so food dissapears as quick as a eye blink, even if all personel try to feed him .... is a highly subunitary ratio, they can not bring so much food that customers can pick/eat.

Room Tip: For balcony try to book 6-th floor, is small but it is...and you can open a big door Instead open a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Totolino2000,

I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice for leisure or business events.
We are delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, our SPA, our Wi-Fi and our restaurants.
Furthermore, we are delighted that you find relaxation in our room with balcony.
We really appreciate that you took the time to express your experience in such a detailed way and are delighted to read that you admire the performance of our team so highly.
Please be assured that I will forward your encouraging words to the entire team, since I am sure it will be motivating to continue our efforts into the same direction.
It was a great pleasure to host you and we are proud that we were able to make a difference.
At the Hotel Orizont Predeal, we aim to give every guest a personal experience and to provide a quality of life that enables our guests to escape their daily duties. What a pleasure to see that we were able to leave such a lasting impression on you.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very good rooms - large, clean, nice views. In contrast- the bathroom was well-worn, with rust and mold; anti-ergonomic shower appliances. The breakfast was good. We did not have dinner in their restaurant this time because on another occasion we had a bad (and expensive) experience. The staff was friendly, as usual.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Silviu C
Dear Silviu C,

I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, our breakfast and our staff.
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several aspects and sincerely regret that the latest performance in the hotel was not what you usually expect. Let me assure you that we have thoroughly discussed the critical aspects as the unsatisfactory shower appliances, the prices in the restaurant and the unreliable bathroom with the employees and supervisors concerned in order to prevent similar future occurrences and to ensure a consistent level of service.
Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival at the hotel until departure. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Equipment functioning, cleanliness and integrity of objects in rooms and bathrooms is a basic need for every guest which we are obliged to meet as hotelier. Therefore I am happy to use your valid comments for a refreshment training with our housekeeping team - thank you very much.
We understand your disappointment and frustration, but hope to be given the chance to demonstrate our dedication to a personal and guest-oriented service culture, for which we are known for. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we wish you a great summer ahead. We would of course be very grateful if you could give us another chance to demonstrate that your experience has been an exception and not our usual standard. If I personally can be of assistance to you, please feel free to let me know at any time. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again one day.

Timisoara, Timis, Romania
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet area, not far from the main road.. The rooms are clean and large and offer a beautiful view. Unfortunately our room had no balcony. In fact, 90% of the rooms have no balcony. The rooms are provided with minibar - affordable prices, cable TV, free Wi-Fi, safe-deposit box, bathrobes, flip-flops, plenty of clean towels, hair-dryer, cosmetics.
Spa area is very nice - there is a pool, with a small terrace outside, 2 jacuzzi, sauna, fitness area - all free of charge. The spa was not very crowded during the week.
To get a massage you have to schedule it first. And it is not free of charge.
Good breakfast. Free parking.
No tennis court, unfortunately.
The ATM machine in the lobby did not work while we were there.
Me and my husband have spent there 4 nights (Monday to Friday). at the end of July 2013. When we arrived, on Monday, the parking was rather empty. We even played volleyball there. When we left, on Friday, the parking was full of cars. The hotel gets crowded for the weekends.
We made the reservation through the internet and paid less for a double-room with breakfast included - 230 lei/night. We decided to stay one more night, this time we paid at the reception a bit more - 27- lei/night. (about 60 Euro).
The hotel is the best location if you want to visit Prahova Valley and all its beauties. We enjoyed our vacation there. Hope you will too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gabriela B,

I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice on the Prahova Valley. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, our breakfast and our SPA.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed particularly our beautiful view. Furthermore, we are delighted that you find relaxation in our SPA.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great location, beautifully remodeled rooms, exceptional pool/sauna/spa area.

BUT
* Breakfast not very good quality: cold coffee served, inattentive service, missing plates which did not get restocked (waiters just standing around), spilled milk on the floor not wiped up ( we covered it up napkins after having it addressed to the waiters)

* Spa attendant not knowledgeable of English and Spa rules, no towels in Spa
* none operational rain shower in our bathroom - neither us nor the hotel personal could figure out how to make it work
* heated towel rack w no connection to heating?
* lack of electrical plugs to recharge iPods/iPads etc - only plugs for lamps so the choice was to use the light or recharge the phone - clearly a misconception for a newly remodeled hotel

All-in-all: Staff could use training -

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel2Adventure
Andrei M, Public Relations Manager at Orizont Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2015
Dear Travel2Adventure,

I want to thank you for your kind comments about our location, our rooms and our SPA.
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several aspects and sincerely regret that the latest performance in the hotel was not what you usually expect. Let me assure you that we have thoroughly discussed the critical aspects as the unsatisfactory SPA attendant, rain shower in the bathroom, heated towel rack, lack of electrical plugs to recharge iPods/iPads and the unreliable food at breakfast with the employees and supervisors concerned in order to prevent similar future occurrences and to ensure a consistent level of service.
Concerning our breakfast offer you can see in the vast majority of guest reviews that it is anything else than the "ordinary" hotel breakfast - we always try to offer the best possible product and service.

Bacau, Romania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for relaxation and spa. Recently renovated and known as a a winter location for different turists . The location is good but a little bit to far from sky area. During the rest of year they have no tourist package. The view is to the forest or to the mountain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ionut A
Dear Ionut A,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us and your great feedback. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, which is certainly helping us to identify any criteria’s that are well appreciated in order to keep and further constantly enhance our services for our guests.
I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice for relaxation and SPA. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our location and our view.
We appreciate to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was a real pleasure to receive such a positive feedback! We will certainly share your comments with our team, who will be further encouraged by your positive comments.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Known as a winter destination, Predeal is not tourist packed in the rest of the year. This hotel still manages to be attractive all year round thanks to its more than decent spa.

The location is good - not far from the main road, not too close to it either, so quiet and fresh air are guaranteed. The rooms are generous in size - at least for a couple and robe, flip-flops, plenty of towel, good cosmetics are provided. The minibar is rather cheap and the furniture is of quality.

We visited the spa twice - Friday and Saturday evening, both times at 8:30 - 9 in the evening and we were the only guests there, although the hotel was full. Weird, but cool. The saunas, pool, jacuzzi and fitness were good. The pool was good for swimming - not too hot, not too cold, a good 12-15 meters long and 1.65-1.70 meters deep.

The hotel looks good and modern, everything you touch is or seems to be of quality - 4 stars by any European standard. The breakfast was great in both days. We did not eat here anything else. The overall experience was good enough for seasoned travelers to make us think of returning. Before going, we read some of the negative comments here but we can't confirm them. Perhaps we were lucky or perhaps 115 Euros for 2 nights with breakfast, pool, spa, quiet rooms and fresh clean air is a great deal!

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the mountains (the parking), not the town. The large windows make for a grea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Neophyte79,

I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice for winter.
We are delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our location, our rooms and our SPA.
We really appreciate that you took the time to express your experience in such a detailed way.
It is very gratifying to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s saunas, pool, jacuzzi and fitness.

Andrei Marin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Predeal
Hotel Transylvania
#3 of 15 in Predeal
Vila Vitalis
Vila Vitalis
#2 of 15 in Predeal

Been to Orizont Hotel? Share your experiences!