Orizont Hotel
Hotel Carpati(Predeal)
  • Room Service
Hotel Meitner(Predeal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge windowsromanian restaurantvery nice hotelspa areawonderful spaperfect place to relaxbig parkinglarge swimming pooljacuzzi and saunaincluded in the pricesmall towntraditional foodwinter sportsclean roomshotel is locatedparking placefresh air
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great location, beautifully remodeled rooms, exceptional pool/sauna/spa area.

BUT
* Breakfast not very good quality: cold coffee served, inattentive service, missing plates which did not get restocked (waiters just standing around), spilled milk on the floor not wiped up ( we covered it up napkins after having it addressed to the waiters)

* Spa attendant not knowledgeable of English and Spa rules, no towels in Spa
* none operational rain shower in our bathroom - neither us nor the hotel personal could figure out how to make it work
* heated towel rack w no connection to heating?
* lack of electrical plugs to recharge iPods/iPads etc - only plugs for lamps so the choice was to use the light or recharge the phone - clearly a misconception for a newly remodeled hotel

All-in-all: Staff could use training -

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel2Adventure
Andrei M, Public Relations Manager at Orizont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Dear Travel2Adventure,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, which is certainly helping us to identify any criteria’s in order to keep and further constantly enhance our services for our guests. Because the Hotel Orizont Predeal considers guest satisfaction its primary mission, feedback from our guests is important.
I want to thank you for your kind comments about our location, our rooms and our SPA.
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several aspects and sincerely regret that the latest performance in the hotel was not what you usually expect. Let me assure you that we have thoroughly discussed the critical aspects as the unsatisfactory SPA attendant, rain shower in the bathroom, heated towel rack, lack of electrical plugs to recharge iPods/iPads and the unreliable food at breakfast with the employees and supervisors concerned in order to prevent similar future occurrences and to ensure a consistent level of service.
Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival at the hotel until departure. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Concerning our breakfast offer you can see in the vast majority of guest reviews that it is anything else than the "ordinary" hotel breakfast - we always try to offer the best possible product and service.
We understand your disappointment and frustration, but hope to be given the chance to demonstrate our dedication to a personal and guest-oriented service culture, for which we are known for. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.
I really hope that we can win back your trust in us and look forward to your upcoming stay.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we wish you a great summer ahead. We would of course be very grateful if you could give us another chance to demonstrate that your experience has been an exception and not our usual standard. If I personally can be of assistance to you, please feel free to let me know at any time. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again one day.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Hotel Orizont Predeal team or me at any time for any inquiries or help you might need.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Until then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for relaxation and spa. Recently renovated and known as a a winter location for different turists . The location is good but a little bit to far from sky area. During the rest of year they have no tourist package. The view is to the forest or to the mountain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ionut A

Dear Ionut A,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us and your great feedback. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, which is certainly helping us to identify any criteria’s that are well appreciated in order to keep and further constantly enhance our services for our guests.
I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice for relaxation and SPA. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our location and our view.
At the Hotel Orizont Predeal, we aim to give every guest a personal experience and to provide a quality of life that enables our guests to escape their daily duties. What a pleasure to see that we were able to leave such a lasting impression on you.
We appreciate to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was a real pleasure to receive such a positive feedback! We will certainly share your comments with our team, who will be further encouraged by your positive comments.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Known as a winter destination, Predeal is not tourist packed in the rest of the year. This hotel still manages to be attractive all year round thanks to its more than decent spa.

The location is good - not far from the main road, not too close to it either, so quiet and fresh air are guaranteed. The rooms are generous in size - at least for a couple and robe, flip-flops, plenty of towel, good cosmetics are provided. The minibar is rather cheap and the furniture is of quality.

We visited the spa twice - Friday and Saturday evening, both times at 8:30 - 9 in the evening and we were the only guests there, although the hotel was full. Weird, but cool. The saunas, pool, jacuzzi and fitness were good. The pool was good for swimming - not too hot, not too cold, a good 12-15 meters long and 1.65-1.70 meters deep.

The hotel looks good and modern, everything you touch is or seems to be of quality - 4 stars by any European standard. The breakfast was great in both days. We did not eat here anything else. The overall experience was good enough for seasoned travelers to make us think of returning. Before going, we read some of the negative comments here but we can't confirm them. Perhaps we were lucky or perhaps 115 Euros for 2 nights with breakfast, pool, spa, quiet rooms and fresh clean air is a great deal!

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the mountains (the parking), not the town. The large windows make for a great view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Neophyte79,

I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal and showed that we are perfect choice for winter.
We are delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our location, our rooms and our SPA.
We really appreciate that you took the time to express your experience in such a detailed way.
Please be assured that I will forward your encouraging words to the entire team, since I am sure it will be motivating to continue our efforts into the same direction.
It was a great pleasure to host you and we are proud that we were able to make a difference.
It is very gratifying to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s saunas, pool, jacuzzi and fitness.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Attended a wedding-banquet at the hotel and it was fabulous. Recently refurbished this hotel has a great location and ambiance. Modern, sleek combined with excellent views and open/airy space. Had a view oof the forests and mountains from my room. Loved the sleek ambiance and modern feel. Friendly staff. Cudos to Dan Maria the administrator of banquets and guest relations. I hope to return.
Would recommend this hotel for location in winter if u plan on ski-ing.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank carelbotha

Dear carelbotha,

Many thanks for your stay with us and your great feedback. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, which is certainly helping us to identify any criteria’s that are well appreciated in order to keep and further constantly enhance our services for our guests.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed particularly our ambiance and location.
I especially liked very much your kindly words which captures very well our vision for Hotel Orizont Predeal. I also want to thank you for your kind comments about our interior spaces, our beautiful view and our staff.
It is a great pleasure to read that you highly value the location of the hotel distinguished by its interior design and our attentive and personal service culture.
We really appreciate that you took the time to express your experience in such a detailed way and are delighted to read that you admire the performance of our team so highly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nicely refurbished , good position, good SPA, poor mentainance , poor food quality (especially at breakfast), very expensive food at noon or dinner. When season peak (like winter holidays or Eastern) services are very poor they probably have few personel. Avoid at all costs the restaurant.

Room Tip: take a room far from the lobby where smokers will kill every living person
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlexTrusan

Dear AlexTrusan,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed particularly our position in the city, our SPA and our refurbishment process.
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several aspects and sincerely regret that the latest performance in the hotel was not what you usually expect. Let me assure you that we have thoroughly discussed the critical aspects as the unsatisfactory food quality, maintenance and the prices of the food with the employees and supervisors concerned in order to prevent similar future occurrences and to ensure a consistent level of service.
Concerning our food offer you can see in the vast majority of guest reviews that it is anything else than the "ordinary" hotel food - we always try to offer the best possible product and service.