“The standard has exceeded my expectation of a village restaurant”

Restaurante a Fornalha
Ranked #61 of 129 Restaurants in Nazare
Cuisines: Portuguese
United Kingdom
“The standard has exceeded my expectation of a village restaurant”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

On a recent trip from Lisbon to Fatima, we stopped for lunch at Nazare. Nazare is a seaside village with long and beautiful sandy beaches, but it is also becoming a favourite spot for surfers. It is a very scenic and serene place, thus it is worthwhile to make a brief stop here to take in the sign before the place is spoiled by mass tourism. We had lunch at Restaurante a Fornlha, a typical out-of-town Portuguese eatery up on the hill. Firstly, I was impressed with the layout and setting, the china used, cutlery, glasses for water and wine as effort was made to impress customers. We had the full course from wine, starter, main course, dessert, coffee to Portuguese liqueur. The standard of the place, the food and service have exceeded my expectation of a village restaurant, and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here.

• Visited July 2011