“Very, very good seafood”

Restaurante Marisqueira O Casalinho
Ranked #16 of 140 Restaurants in Nazare
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to this restaurant with my wife and five other friends and we were all very happy. The sea food is very fresh and well presented. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

On a trip to Nazare we decided to stop and have a evening meal and choose the O Casalinho. we were not disappointed at the choice. A very busy restaurant serving good traditional Portuguese dishes and not very expensive either.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is not a fancy or pretentious restaurant. It has a simple concept of meat or fish as the focus of the meal cooked with expertise and confidence. We had perfectly grilled fish with the ubiquitous Portuguese accompaniment of boiled potatoes and salad. It doesn't come any better and I plan to go back soon and often.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Only few reasons to not give 5 stars on this review: 1) although children are welcome, there is no baby changing facilities; 2) the seafood barque is a cold dish, but delicious! i'd love to try it warm; 3) the lobster's halfs are topped with mayonnaise. I didn't know that, but despite I love mayonnaise, it was not my favourite mix.
The price was not the highest, the barque we ordered was about 68€ and well served me and my husband (and we were not on a diet). Totally worth it!
But the quality of seafood and spice make me ignore these points and make me want to go back there again ... soon, very soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great service and great food right on the beach at Nazare. You can't avoid seafood in Nazare and their grouper fillets are heavenly and a surprise. I won't say how it comes out but it was one of the best seafood meals I've had....ever. Service was great as well and price very good.