Annebrook House Hotel
$84
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewstown parkthe underground car parkold houseliving arearecommend this hotelnext morningwashing machinecentral locationlovely hotelthe main streetbar foodsingle bedwedding partylovely atmosphereample parkinghotel barwedding reception
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Myself and 10 friends stayed for the weekend . We had 3 apartments booked and they were fantastic they had so much room in them that with us all together it did'nt seem like there was that many there .. There were lots of little areas to chill out too .. The Barman Seamus in the piano bar was very helpful more so than the big lounge . The Breakfast and dinner was lovely and even for the fussy eaters they sorted out what they would like . The only thing was the heating did cut out a few times but as soon as you phoned Reception they were up immeditaly to fix it would defo go back . Right beside a little park and the shops in walking distance

Room Tip: we had a corner apartment and had a great view of park
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Samantha213
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed in Annebrook House Hotel for a night in March, in a room on the second floor. When we arrived the receptionist never told us there were two functions going on that night in the hotel. We went for a meal in the town that evening and had a few drinks in the hotel bar before going back to the room. However, we could not sleep as the noise was unbelievable!! It felt like the two functions that were going on were literally in the next two rooms, and when one function finished at nearly 1am (which I think was a country and western function), the other was still in full swing and I could hear the lyrics of the songs! The people from the first function then started coming into the hall and talking loudly. It was then that I rang down to reception and he advised that the second disco function was going to be going on for another while. So our only option was to move rooms!! So at 2am we had to pack our bags and move to another room at the other part of the hotel, to one of their apartment rooms on the top floor so we could be away from the noise! I told the receptionist on checking out the next morning and she took my number and that the manager would give me a call, and they never did! I was so disappointed with this hotel, I thought it was going to be a really nice stay. We got this night's stay as a voucher, and I still regretted staying here! At least at home I could have had a decent night's sleep!! My parents also stayed here for one night recently and it was the same story, they were kept up all night as a wedding function was going on, but they were told there were no other rooms for them to take so they just had to put up with it. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is obviously not sound proofed enough. And if they want to offer rooms to tourists/visitors who want a good night's sleep, and also hold functions, they seriously need to address the very high noise levels.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Martha C, Sales and Marketing at Annebrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience in the hotel and that you were not informed about the music. I would ask you to contact me directly on mclancy@annebrook.ie to further discuss the matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Martha

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Attended here as a group of 10 for a special occassion. We were given a beautiful separate room and our own waitress.The food was excellent,good choices,hot and excellent value.Asking for plates etc to cut a cake was no problem and they provided extra pots off tea and coffee to enjoy with our cake despite having finished our meal already.There was music in the bar area and a dj after.The disco was a little bit unusual with the most bizarre mix of people which absolutely added to the atmosphere.Breakfast was plentiful and fresh with a good range.Rooms are comfy and spotless.All this for 70 €....dinner,b and b,late bar and disco.Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If travelling as group ask for Rome If travelling as a group ask for rooms on 3rd floor with adjoining balconies overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank EMR71
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I've stayed here twice and was very happy with the service, rooms and meals on both occasions. The staff are very helpful and the rooms are cozy and clean. The hotel is located in the heart of Mullingar which is very convenient, and they have lots of parking at the back (unlike many other hotels in town). The nearby park is also lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CPBD2014
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I brought 37 family & friends to the Annebrook hotel for my 40 th birthday, as I had stayed there before I knew the modern apartments would be ideal for our large group and I was right . The apartments are spotless, spacious and so comfortable and so reasonable everybody was really happy with their accommodation . The hotel provided me with free finger food and a beautiful birthday cake and a reserved area that evening and Michael and all the staff were extremely helpful & so nice to us we were treated really well . We had an amazing time till the early hours of the morning and in the morning a gorgeous breakfast . I would highly recommend this hotel if your in the Mullingar area in fact we are planning on returning in August .

• Stayed: March 2014