“top venue”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mullingar
Kinnegad, Ireland
“top venue”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned from overnight stay, we have stayed over after concerts /weddings ,impossible to find any reason to criticise this Venue ,The food is simply the best i have encountered.the leisure centre.& the quality of accommodation is second to none,we were treated to a warm reception by a smiling receptionist " Denise".Hard to beleive its just 20 minutes down the road .Great place to unwind & chillax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank judeslaw R
Mullingar-Park, Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Coleman R,

I would like to thank-you for taking the time to share your opinion of your recent stay at the Mullingar Park Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that the food was "simply the best you have encountered."

I will pass on your kind comments to Denise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mullingar Park Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
enniskillen
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at this exceptional hotel and we could not find ant faults from the start to the end of our stay.
From the friendliness of the entire staff from reception to bar and dinning room they were all very welcoming . Even with being under pressure on the Sunday evening at a function at which 1200 people attended they were superb.The standard of food at lunchtime again at dinner and at breakfast time was superb and faultless.
My wife and I both will definitely be back at this outstanding hotel. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Possibly pick a front room location to avoid the noise of the heating system
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bowlerEnniskillen
Dear bowlerEnniskillen,

Thank-you for taking the time to write the lovely review of your recent visit to the Mullingar Park Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that both your wife and you had a wonderful stay and that you could not find any faults from the start to the end of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mullingar Park Hotel in the near future.

With King Regards & Best Wishes,

Trim, Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had our work Christmas party here in December 2012 and a few of us decided to stay for the whole weekend...BIG MISTAKE! I have been on a lot of weekends away and I must say that this hotel was by far the worst I have stayed in. I have stayed in better hostels. Firstly there was an issue with ordering wine for our group, it took 4 different waiting staff and a manager before we finally got to order wine. Breakfast the next morning was a complete joke. There wasn't near enough food to feed the crowd that were at breakfast and even when I ordered food off the menu it was given to someone else. We had a person who was coeliac in our group and the hotel were informed of this well in advance. This did not make it less of an "issue". There was no gluten free bread and we were informed of this as a member of the waiting staff shouted it to us across the restaurtant. The same day we had treatments booked in the "spa" which was a glorified room with various beauty appliances and products. Having been told that the three of us were booked in at 2pm we arrived down to be told that there was only one therapist and that all our treatments were one after the other. This meant we spent the whole day waiting around. This was very disappointing as we rang to clarify several times! Extremely unprofessional! While waiting around for our treatments two of us went to the bar for food. What a nightmare. My friend got a panini which was stone cold, even having sent it back it remained cold. While I was at the bar ordering drinks I was handed my friends "reheated" panini and told "Here there is your friend's food". The worst manners, or lack thereof I have EVER experienced from a waiter. As if all of this wasn't bad enough we of course complained to a manager, who assured us she would get the general manager to contact us. This never happened. I personally rang the hotel and they finally got back to me and PROMISED to send us a complimentary night in the hotel and to our surprise (sense the sarcasm) this NEVER came. I hate giving places bad reviews but The Mullingar Park Hotel were given chance after chance to rectify this issue and did not. I wouldn't let my dog stay in this hotel! AVOID!!!!! Oh and our room was freezing cold on arrival! This hotel couldn't care less about value for money, good service or customer satisfaction!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank EmilyB811989
Mullingar-Park, Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear EmilyB811989,

It is with much disappointment that I read your comment about your stay with us during December last. Our sincerest apologies to you for the way your compliant was handed by the Manager you spoke with. Every member of the team here at the Mullingar Park Hotel strives to make each guests stay a memorable experience.

However, it clearly failed on this occasion. Whilst I realise you have spoken with my General Manager on the 17th January. I hope you find his personal response to you satisfactory and that you will have a more pleasant and pleasing experience when you come to stay with us shortly. I hope you received your complimentary nights stay away.

With my best regards and wishes.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Mullingar Park early January 13 and had a very pleasant stay. A special occasion and I rang ahead .. the staff arranged some nice suprises on arrival which was very kind indeed. Rooms and beds were very comfortible and I must stress the breakfast was very good indeed. Atmosphere in the bar was good and a meal in the adjoining oriental restaurant was quite pleasant. Overall I would recommend as the best place to stay in Mullingar and I will be returning. Staff friendleness and service really made the experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Corky2010,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of your recent stay with us at the Mullingar Park Hotel on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that the staff friendliness and service you received really made your stay an experience.

We look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you to the Mullingar Park Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our friends wedding,and we had a lovely stay. We were one of the first guests to arrive. The lobby is gorgeous,very spacious with a breath taking chandelier. Loads of seating and a lovely fire place. We checked in,which was friendly and efficient. Our room was very nice and modern and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was also immaculate. We headed down to the horseshoe bar for a drink. As it was November I decided to have a hot whiskey-which I find that some bar staff in places don't be happy to make-but the barman here was chatty and it didn't seem a problem. After 2 drinks we decided to head into the wedding party as guests had started to arrive. It was very nicely set up. As it was November the Xmas decorations were up which made it really festive. The thing I liked about the reception was that everything is beside each other. There's the courtyard bar that everyone mingles and has drinks,canapés etc. there's the outside area and then the function room is right next door. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The one thing I didn't like was the mulled wine. It was awful. :( but the service made up for it. The co-ordinator came in and rang the bell for the guests to sit for the meal. The service here was excellent. And the food was gorgeous. We had chicken caesar salad,followed by melon or soup,then a choice of seabass or beef. We had the beef which was fab. It was followed by chocolate cake. The function manager and staff really know their jobs and were super efficient. A girl at our table didn't eat soup or melon and the manager was over straight away to see why she didnt have a starter and offered her a different option. After the dancing and dj,we headed to the residents bar. Where we were served by a lovely young barman. A few of the guests started a sing song,complete with guitar-great Craic. We headed to bed at about 4 when the bar closed. The bed was very comfy and we had a great nights sleep. We didn't get up in time for breakfast the next morning,but heard from other guests it was very nice. Overall we had a lovely time and I was very happy to find out that my sister is having here wedding here next year-so looking forward to that. :)

• Stayed November 2012
Dear DunneandDusted,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your opinion of your recent stay, while attending a wedding with us at the Mullingar Park Hotel on Trip advisor.

It was a pleasure to read that both your husband and you had a lovely stay, that the service was excellent and the food was gorgeous.

I will pass on your comments to our staff and head chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back very shortly to attend your sisters wedding at the Mullingar Park Hotel.

With Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My daughter got married in Mullingar Park Hotel last weekend, and the staff where all amazing very helpful and friendly throughout the whole weekend, the food was delicious and plentiful this is an extremely well managed Hotel well done to the staff and the manager, i would highly reccomend this Hotel, definitly a 5 star experience even if it doesnt carry a 5 star rating it should.

Room Tip: Not sure about air conditioning or how to work thermostat in room maybe ask on checking in
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 828Karen
Mullingar-Park, Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear 828Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on Trip advisor about your daughters wedding.

It was a delight to read that it was a 5 star experience and I will pass on your lovely comments to all of the team here.

With Kind Regards & Best Wishes,

Dublin
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We held our daughter and new husband's wedding reception in the Mullingar Park Hotel November 2012. To say that the whole event was extremely successful, enjoyable and relatively stress-free is an understatement. From the very start the Manager,and Events Manager were efficiency personified. Nothing was too much trouble.
On the Big Day the entire staff were fantastic. From the manner in which the Newly Weds were greeted to the refreshments offered to our guests as they arrived at the venue. The food and service was outstanding. The first wedding in both families, we parents were anxious and watchful in case the top table received better attention than all others. Not so with the Mullingar Park! All tables received first class service with second and even third helpings available and all dietary requirements fulfilled. Food was piping hot and the wine flowed throughout the entire event. The feedback (excuse pun here) from our guests was overwhelmingly complimentary plus the service delivered the following day was exemplary..... even though the staff were preparing for another function.
Both families have nothing but praise for the efficient, personal and re-assuring assistance received from the entire staff at the Mullingar Park Hotel from the first day right to when our last guests checked out the following day after the reception. No problems with parking either, the Mullingar Park has a very large car-park together with fantastic leisure facilities..great for the morning after!!!!
We wish the Mullingar Park Hotel Team the very best for a Happy and Prosperous 2013 from two very, very happy families.
Go raibh mile, mile,maith agaibh.

The Mulligan and Leavy Families.

Room Tip: Just ask the helpful receptionist.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullingar
Annebrook House Hotel
Newbury Hotel
Newbury Hotel
#6 of 6 in Mullingar
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Mullingar Park Hotel? Share your experiences!