“Great stay.”

Mullingar Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mullingar
“Great stay.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our friends wedding,and we had a lovely stay. We were one of the first guests to arrive. The lobby is gorgeous,very spacious with a breath taking chandelier. Loads of seating and a lovely fire place. We checked in,which was friendly and efficient. Our room was very nice and modern and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was also immaculate. We headed down to the horseshoe bar for a drink. As it was November I decided to have a hot whiskey-which I find that some bar staff in places don't be happy to make-but the barman here was chatty and it didn't seem a problem. After 2 drinks we decided to head into the wedding party as guests had started to arrive. It was very nicely set up. As it was November the Xmas decorations were up which made it really festive. The thing I liked about the reception was that everything is beside each other. There's the courtyard bar that everyone mingles and has drinks,canapés etc. there's the outside area and then the function room is right next door. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The one thing I didn't like was the mulled wine. It was awful. :( but the service made up for it. The co-ordinator came in and rang the bell for the guests to sit for the meal. The service here was excellent. And the food was gorgeous. We had chicken caesar salad,followed by melon or soup,then a choice of seabass or beef. We had the beef which was fab. It was followed by chocolate cake. The function manager and staff really know their jobs and were super efficient. A girl at our table didn't eat soup or melon and the manager was over straight away to see why she didnt have a starter and offered her a different option. After the dancing and dj,we headed to the residents bar. Where we were served by a lovely young barman. A few of the guests started a sing song,complete with guitar-great Craic. We headed to bed at about 4 when the bar closed. The bed was very comfy and we had a great nights sleep. We didn't get up in time for breakfast the next morning,but heard from other guests it was very nice. Overall we had a lovely time and I was very happy to find out that my sister is having here wedding here next year-so looking forward to that. :)

• Stayed November 2012
Mullingar-Park, Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear DunneandDusted,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your opinion of your recent stay, while attending a wedding with us at the Mullingar Park Hotel on Trip advisor.

It was a pleasure to read that both your husband and you had a lovely stay, that the service was excellent and the food was gorgeous.

I will pass on your comments to our staff and head chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back very shortly to attend your sisters wedding at the Mullingar Park Hotel.

With Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My daughter got married in Mullingar Park Hotel last weekend, and the staff where all amazing very helpful and friendly throughout the whole weekend, the food was delicious and plentiful this is an extremely well managed Hotel well done to the staff and the manager, i would highly reccomend this Hotel, definitly a 5 star experience even if it doesnt carry a 5 star rating it should.

Room Tip: Not sure about air conditioning or how to work thermostat in room maybe ask on checking in
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 828Karen
Mullingar-Park, Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear 828Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on Trip advisor about your daughters wedding.

It was a delight to read that it was a 5 star experience and I will pass on your lovely comments to all of the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mullingar Park Hotel in the near future.

With Kind Regards & Best Wishes,

Dublin
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We held our daughter and new husband's wedding reception in the Mullingar Park Hotel November 2012. To say that the whole event was extremely successful, enjoyable and relatively stress-free is an understatement. From the very start the Manager,and Events Manager were efficiency personified. Nothing was too much trouble.
On the Big Day the entire staff were fantastic. From the manner in which the Newly Weds were greeted to the refreshments offered to our guests as they arrived at the venue. The food and service was outstanding. The first wedding in both families, we parents were anxious and watchful in case the top table received better attention than all others. Not so with the Mullingar Park! All tables received first class service with second and even third helpings available and all dietary requirements fulfilled. Food was piping hot and the wine flowed throughout the entire event. The feedback (excuse pun here) from our guests was overwhelmingly complimentary plus the service delivered the following day was exemplary..... even though the staff were preparing for another function.
Both families have nothing but praise for the efficient, personal and re-assuring assistance received from the entire staff at the Mullingar Park Hotel from the first day right to when our last guests checked out the following day after the reception. No problems with parking either, the Mullingar Park has a very large car-park together with fantastic leisure facilities..great for the morning after!!!!
We wish the Mullingar Park Hotel Team the very best for a Happy and Prosperous 2013 from two very, very happy families.
Go raibh mile, mile,maith agaibh.

The Mulligan and Leavy Families.

Room Tip: Just ask the helpful receptionist.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ireland
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The staff in this hotel are amazing, could not be more helpful if they tried. Real, genuine hospitality!

The hotel itself is nice, nothing remarkable as such, typical of the time it was built. The lobby was bright and spacious with plenty of seating, and a great fire.

Rooms are large and bright, a little too bright in that there are curtains on the windows but no blinds or netting to give a hint of privacy when the curtains were open. This was a little uncomfortable.

No complaints about the bed, big and comfy, and a little refuge from the cold of the room, it was particularly cold even with the sole radiator set to high.

The bathroom was fine until I lifted the toilet lid. Housekeeping clearly had skipped the toilet in their cleaning after the last guest. Not very nice.

The food was a mixed bag. Had soup and a sandwich in the bar when we arrived, it was mediocre. Contrast that to the amazing dinner we had in the restaurant that night, one of the best meals I've had in ages. Breakfast in the morning was disappointing, thought the selection was poor and even though we were there first thing, the hot food from the buffet was lukewarm.

I had that annoying thing happen where when I went to bed late my key wouldn't open the door. Went back down to reception but it was not staffed due to it being after midnight. There was a phone and a sign saying to dial 0 for assistance. It took almost ten minutes before someone came and sorted out my problem.

Can't imagine myself being in the area again in the future but if I was I probably would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have called a number of times to this Hotel for a bite of lunch a coffee etc , however I made a big mistake this time and stayed - it is worth spending the extra time driving on to Dublin - The rooms were standard rooms with fairly basic furniture - I think it is the type of hotel that caters for groups on a bash and the rooms show The Bash element - the service - well I think a can,t be bothered attitude prevails - from the young lady I asked for a Scone and Coffee and after half and hour returned with Coffee and Biscuits at 11am and told me - No Scones ! - It I am afraid is poor value and a place you drive past - Fast.

Room Tip: They are all the same !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
louth
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

One of the nicest hotels I stayed in this month! Excellent service, lovely staff they had a feel of 5 star about them! Beautiful food and excellent choice, breakfast dinner and lunch could not be faulted. The rooms were well appointed. Water available in room. Comfy bed! Lovely leisure centre. I did not expect to enjoy it so much, I was there on business, next time it will be for pleasure! To make it really perfect I'd suggest up grading the tv to a flat screen, a shoe shine kit and whirlpool baths but that is being very very picky. I just can't fault this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

a great hotel. spacious. well furnished. sense of luxury. good staff. good value. plenty of car parking.

the food is first rate. the buffet and the restaurant and the pub grub is high quality

cant rate this high enough

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullingar
Annebrook House Hotel
Newbury Hotel
Newbury Hotel
#6 of 6 in Mullingar
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Mullingar Park Hotel? Share your experiences!