“Excellent”

The Old House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old House Restaurant is a hidden gem, nestled in the original cellar of the 17th Century Annebrook House Hotel. With its original limestone walls and fireplaces, is truly is a unique setting. The Old House Restaurant offers a wonderful dining experience, with several interconnected dining rooms offering comfortable, private dining. Enjoy the culinary creations of our Head Chef, showcasing the finest of European & Irish produce and complemented by our cellar's extensive wine selection. We pride ourselves on elegant and attentive service, making every meal a consummate occasion.
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Really lovely place for food. Great atmosphere and amazing food!! Service is brilliant and the style of this restaurant is a lot nicer to some of the impersonal restaurants I have been to!! Great value for money too!!

9 Thank Karen B

Longford, Ireland
“The best value menu/quality of food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I have been travelling from Longford to Mullingar for approximately a year now to eat at The Old House Restaurant in the Annebrook Hotel. We have consistently experienced great food at remarkable prices. 23.95 euro for three courses, which is incredibly well priced But, even more so, when you take into consideration the quality of the food. This is a chef that is clearly dedicated to providing the best of ingredients with great flavours. The home made breads are just fantastic and there was no problem in taking some home with us, as cheekily requested by my husband. The place is always full on a saturday night. Also, the staff are very pleasant and helpful and seem to enjoy their job. I cannot highly recommend this restaurant enough!!

• Visited May 2014
11 Thank orlamcniven
Galway, Ireland
“Love the New Menu”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ate here earlier this week & as a regular customer of the Old House its great to see some new additions to to the menu, Loved the new starter of black pudding, pear & blue cheese but was relieved to see that the braised Beef Cheek was still there. I was informed by our server that this is the most popular dish on the menu & it will remain! Happy to hear that!! Enjoyed a fab panna cotta for dessert & it was just perfect, though my partner claims her raspberry meringue,sorbet combination topped that. The jury is out!!!! All in all a great dining experience & look forward to returning soon.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank gargal
Dublin, Ireland
“superb meal...”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I would like to review this restaurant as i reviewed the hotel last Sunday. I have been to restaurants all around the south east of England and i must say this a em when i come to Ireland on business. I did not book a reservation and i was looking to eat at 8.30 on the Saturday. I was hoping i could get a table for one as it was extremly busy. But sure enough the Restaurant manager was very helpful in finding me a table. I ordered the house red wine ,which complimented the food in which i will review..I started off with Caeser salad which was very nice.The croutons and bacon where lovely and crispy to compliment my taste. And for the mains i ordered the Sirloin Steak .My preference was a lovely juicy rare steak. The sides where champ mashed potatoes.. Everything was perfect,The steak cooked perfect and the veg lovely and fresh.I was still a bit peckish so i asked the waitress could i order a side of chips, which was no problem and they were lovely homemade fries. I then ordered the apple pie with cream and ice cream, Very nice and the pastry was lovely and soft.. Meal over i finished with and espresso. All and all great night,good atmosphere and value for money. I arrive again in Ireland soon and looking forward to eating again here.Highly recommended and enjoy.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank gavbkk83
Mullingar, Ireland
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having visited this restaurant several times in the past I can offer nothing but praise to the highest degree, The Old House Restaurant never fails me. On this occasion I dined with my friend, to start we were greeted by the Manager who was indeed very pleasant as was all the staff. I had Caesar Salad to start and Cheek of Beef for main course and Apple Pie and Custard for dessert, all of which tasted divine and presented like a picture, too good to eat!! As it was my birthday myself and my friend received a complimentary glass of champagne and strawberries, my dessert plate had HAPPY BIRTHDAY inscribed, was really nice touch. Will be back again soon.

• Visited February 2014