“No reheated chips please”

Red Earth Lifestyle Store
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have visited here before, and the food has been average. This time I went with my family an it was brutal, when we ordered we had to wait so long, and the food arrived at different times it was then cold. To my disgust the chips with the meal were reheated, I have not seen this since I went to school. The whole experience was terrible, there are too many menus and the staff are all over the place, and don't know how to operate the floor in a Restaurent. What a pity it could be so good, but reheated food is not fresh food whatever way you serve it. Come on guys get it together

2  Thank fin1965
There are newer reviews for Red Earth Lifestyle Store

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The shop is absolutely beautiful if a tad overpriced. The food is average and very overpriced. There always seems to be some sort of problem with this place. Menu changes, certain dishes sold out, breakfast not available at certain times. This, coupled with the prices, really got to us. When invited to a private party we thought it deserved a second chance. The setting was gorgeous at night. Things were seemingly good. The manageress was obnoxious and rude which just confirmed our dislike for the place. We did, however, get a laugh watching her snog someone as the night got on. Maybe they should build a hotel for the staff. Very unproffesional, get a room!

3  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Cant believe the negative comments here... Always had a great experience at Red Earth and so good that I held my 40th party there last Friday. The venue was transformed to cater for 85 adults and up to 40 children. It went off like a dream and the staff are great the with children. We had a band set up and had a dance indoors while also able to use out doors - it was all made safe for the children and they had a great evening. The food was delicious with plenty of it on offer. I frequent Red Earth regularly in the day and for evening food and rate it very high. Keep up the good work guys...
Many of my friends have children and were delighted I choose a child friendly venue so it was a family out not just the adults. I would not have invited children to a pub setting so the venue was perfect. Great company, venue, food and fun was had... xx

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friends and I have been going here for a while. Mainly due to convenience of parking. But the food has been a constant let down and we will not be back.
Firstly the layout is terrible, different Menus all over the place so you have to keep traipsing back and forth up and down the line to see what is on offer.

My most recent meal here I ordered the Lasagne. I was gobsmacked when the lady heated up a ramekin of lasagne in front of me and then plopped it next to a side salad while I waited. The lasagne was salty and the pasta was hard , the bottom layer was barely cooked. My friend had paid the bill before I got to the till, but I think it was 12.95 for re-heated hardened lasagne with salad. Didn't even come with chips!

The whole place and queueing system is chaotic. Some food they serve you at the counter other meals come from the kitchen. The only reason people go here is because they "think" it is fancy. When in fact it is very poor. It has the potential to be great if the food and layout was given more concentration.

The food is just mediocre and massively overpriced. Many pubs in Mullingar doing far far better food, much cheaper and less chaos.

There seems to be loads of staff, but trying to get their attention is a joke. When you finish your meal and fancy a coffee or dessert you all have to go back up and queue again. Then usually the person at the til has to make your cappuccino which means massive tailbacks at the checkout! Surely they should have a waiter or waitress to offer desserts and tea or coffee when people are finished.

The last day we were here it was quiet enough as it was after lunch. But we felt like we were being ushered out by the waitress who all but removed a fork from my mouth !

The desserts I have had here one was like a mousse cheese cake thing was extremely bland. We did have a beautiful chocolate cake once though.

I don't like slating a place, but I really feel Red Earth are losing it when it comes to quality of food and efficiency of service. 12.95 for microwaved lasagne with lettuce and coleslaw served on a small rectangular plate is a joke. They think they are Artisan or something but it is actually truck stop basic!

Unless we hear of stark improvements we won't be back

1  Thank DoCiHa
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very poor value for families. One scoop of mashed potatoes was €3 for my child this was described as a baby bowl. The older children's meals were €6 each both small and both left uneaten. Service was very poor each of the meals came at different times with the youngest getting her scoop of potatoes last, a full ten minutes after everyone else's. It was busy, locals seemed to like it. The poor value and service put me off shopping although it seemed a nice shop. All they are short of is a large sign saying "children not welcome"