“Adored the shop but wouldn't go back to eat lunch there again. Fine for a quick bite or a coffee”

Red Earth Lifestyle Store
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The shop is great - I bought lovely clothes in the sale, fancy sauces and hummus and a few other goodies. The restaurant was very busy and we had to queue for ages. I found the food very mediocre, but my sister loved it and eats there regularly. My Mum appeared to enjoy her meal too, but she is far too polite up say what she thinks as my Sister was treating us both!

“Waiting staff”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Dined on a friday night recently and appalled by the attitude and service by incompetent staff.
4 of us there and 2 meals arrived when the other 2 had been finished. This happened with starter, mains and dessert. The staff were untrained and rude.
Food Good. Reasonable atmosphere but not good enough for the price we paid.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Vincent323
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous shop, food disappointing”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a self-service restaurant. I found the display of food very unattractive and unappetising. I was browsing trying to find something to eat when I a member of staff came over and rushed me to make a decision. I felt she was looking at me suspiciously, when, really, I was just genuinely unable to see anything I wanted to eat. The mains were sloppy, greasy spoon stuff. The scones looks nice and crusty. The desserts lonely and sad.

The layout is beautiful - large, roomy, modern, very clean. It is nice to be able to have a browse and then have something to eat. But, it you are hungry you may be disappointed if you want any more than a snack. The coffee is dreadful, like tar... Although you can buy take away sushi that is absolutely divine. It is worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Amme14
“tasty, tasty, tasty”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times over the past couple of years and its busy atmosphere is obviously a result of tasty food. Cottage Pie... great, it needs some extra gravy, but that's just me being picky. Have a simple sandwich or a full blown meal, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Free wifi and good coffee.

Meath
“was just average”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We dined here on a sunday afternoon for dinner, food was fine, however, my husband ordered a starter & main course & both arrived together, which was not good. I had the fish which was lovely. I have been here previously over the last year & have always enjoyed a coffee & scone. Surroundings & athmosphere in restaurant is nice. The shop is lovely, though abit cluttered, prices alittle bit expensive compared to other shops that sell the same products.

• Visited January 2013