“Nice enough place but poor service!”
Review of Brioche Cafe & Deli - CLOSED

Brioche Cafe & Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Mullingar, Ireland
“Nice enough place but poor service!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I generally don't like to be too critical but we went here for lunch and waited.....and waited for our food to arrive. To be fair a very apologetic lady told us that another couple had ordered the same and got our order (they must have been impressed with the speed!). We accepted that but the food was only ok. And I don't like the latest trend for serving food on a slate. It's not a nice surface to use a knife on at all and I can't see the attraction. Overall ok and just ok.

ireland
“A real gem in Mullingar”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

was here with a group of friends on Friday 26th, An excellent venue in the centre of the town. Had Prawn skewers to start, An unusual serving of Sirloin steak on garlic toast with onion rings served with potato cubes and chorizo and paprika. They have a lovely selection of cheeses and Creme Brulee to finish, The wines are supplied by Wines Direct a local firm.. Worth the 55 mins from Dublin just to eat here,

2 Thank micra03
Dublin, Ireland
“I love this place!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love coming here with my two youngs girls for a snack. There is such a nice atmosphere when you step in. It is so well priced. Usually I just have a latte and my daughters have a glass of milk and cake/pastry each, it costs less than 9 euro. There is always a lovely mix of people there and we are made to feel welcome. I ate there only once during the evening and the tapas were delicious, it was very enjoyable although our table for 4 was a little on the small side and we had trouble getting all the dishes onto the table. But it was an enjoyable experience none the less. Also, staff are very nice. About a year ago, I popped in to pick up a few scones and I realised I had no cash. I think it was the proprietor who told me it was ok to come back again with the money. I thought this was a very nice gesture as he didn't know me. This is why I love supporting local business' in Mullingar. They know how to treat their customers!

Mullingar, Ireland
“Great Food, Lovely Staff, Look no Further and Enjoy!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great to see young people trying to make a genuine go of a proper Tapas Bar in provincial Ireland. The food, selection, service, wine and value for money is excellent. Book a table downstairs as upstairs gets warm late at night and enjoy!!!

• Visited August 2012
“A quaint homely cafe”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed a visit here for lunch. Very cozy, service really quick & friendly. Food was presented wonderfully & very tasty. Looking forward to trying the evening tapas here soon

• Visited January 2013