“Great for Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant serves a 2 course €10 lunch from 1 til 4 pm. They have a few specials and a choice of any pizza from the menu. I have eaten lunch here many times and have always been very pleased with the food - soup, garlic bread, bruchetta, steaks, pizza, pastas - it has always been very good.
I appreciate what other reviewers are saying about the service - the staff seem to be under pressure all the time, and don's attend to customers once the food is served. Its not bad or rude service, just a bit rudderless in my opinion. But they are serving dinner sized portions at lunch, and for only €10 for 2 courses (plus a coke/7up) it can't be beat. Saturday and Sundays are always busy so book in advance.
I support this local restaurant because they are offering an extremely affordable meal, and a very tasty one at that. I have never ate here in the evening so i can't really comment on it, but its well worth a visit for lunch.
Perhaps the only way they can offer such a deal from 1 to 4 pm is by working with fewer staff?

Reviewed February 19, 2013

we had a long wait for food 35 minutes!!! was told 20 minutes. Staff very distant, never came back to table to check all ok, food poor enough, not value for money. Seemed like no one person in over all charge. because of long wait, asked for ice cream to take out for my daughter they refused because they had no spoons to give out.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went for a meal with 5 others here a few nights ago..My sister had been here before and was saying that it was fab...When we got there the place was cold and the music was enough to make you want to even drink the house wine which was really wrong. We sat and the waitress came over and gave us our menus....We had to look after about 20 mins for her to come back and take our order..The starter was bad as there was only one thing that we even though of eating...The mains were worse as there was a choice of Steak or a dish wrapped in veg..this which we didnt like.We ended all have to order steak.I asked for some garlic bread and recieved two tiny pieces of bread with garlic butter. Then the desert menu was just a joke....Most resturants have the likes of cheesecake or even some apple pie..This was not to be the sort in here...It was a pure disaster...The desert was either...A pear roasted with some crappy sauce...Or some ice with vodka on it..Or some sponge thing with whiskey on it. Our bill was 131 euros and I so wanted to say No we are not paying for that much but we had to...I deffo will NEVER be going to there again....It was MUCK...Staff were so rude...There was dirt in the bathrooms....The COLDNESS of the place was just wrong..The meal was 19.90 per head...We wod have been better off going to McDonalds.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for a family meal last nite..was so disappointed as I visited the resturant last year and had a great experience but last nite was just terrible..service was just terrible..waitress was as miserable and rude..I asked to sample the house wine and when my sister and I said no thanks the glass was whipped back and the waitress sighed..food was terrible..we ordered steak and the waitress informed us that the so called pepper sauce was pepper sauce but yet there was a strong taste of chilli of the sauce..I asked 3times to change the sauce as my sister was allergic to chilli and this was dangerous for her..all she got was a dollop of garlic butter minus the garlic..went to order desserts and the had 4 out of 7 desserts..I could not understand y chefs and wash up staff were walking around the resturant and also standing at the French doors smoking where customers could see..I have booked a birthday dinner of 27people for next month but will cancel that ASAP..

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We went to La Guitarra for our Christmas work outing and the three course meal cost just 20 Euro, main course included a T-bone steak which was very good value for money. There were not many people in the restaurant which took a bit from the athmosphere. A glass of wine was included in the price and it was Faustino VII which was perfect. Starters wern't great but at 20 Euro you couldn't complain. I understand they do a midday two course special for 10 Euro i dont know if it is the same menu though.