Duncrone B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Ardmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at Duncrone for one night on our way from County Wicklow to Kinsale. When we arrived in the evening, Jeanette had tea and a delicious porter cake awaiting us. We took an evening walk in Ardmore, and then relaxed in the comfy lounge before having a restful night on a very comfortable mattress. in the morning, Jeanette prepared delicious breakfasts for us, with her especially delicious homemade jams and scones. We were interested in her fresh vegetables, so she then showed us her "tunnel" where she grows her veggies, as well as the chickens who provided fresh eggs. Ardmore is a great stop on a tour of southern coastal Ireland, and Duncrone in an outstanding B&B with a charming and friendly hostess.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H. W

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have just finished a two week tour of Ireland staying in 8 different B&B’s, all priced between 60€ to 80€ / night. I want to start by saying that every single accommodation was more than adequate and I would certainly not put any of them below a 3 rating. One important point is that on-site parking was an essential requirement as we had a rental car. However they were certainly not all equal. I am rating them using the following categories?
Location: Ardmore is very small, makes the B&B easy to find - just follow the signs. Plenty of parking
Room comfort: very good, decent size but small shower
Host: Jeanette is the reason for the 5 stars - she could not do enough for us. It was a rainy night and we wanted to just bring fish & chips back and eat somewhere. She insisted on us using the dining area and provided plates and cutlery and some extra nibbles for dessert.
Breakfast: the best I had in Ireland; what a wonderful cook.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrbi0
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at Duncrone, easter sunday night. 20th april, 2014. Enjoyed the stay a lot. The bedroom and en suite was spotless. very very clean. Janette the owner was very friendly. cooked a lovely breakfast and told us that there was no rush in the morning... that she would see us when we got up! She also gave us a lift down to the town! (i was in high heels!) . very cheap too. we wish her the best in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dermot B
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Duncrone B&B must be one of the loveliest places to stay in the whole of Ireland, for the B&B - run by Jeanette and her charming family, seems to me the very exemplar of Irish hospitality.

My bus arrived in the early morning and Jeanette collected me from the bus stop. She showed me to my room which was bright, prettily decorated and impeccably clean. We then had tea, and I met the rest of her family while she provided me with historical brochures and all the information I could ask for about Ardmore. She provided excellent counsel on where to eat and what to do! And she even provided me with a flashlight and bright jacket so that I could walk home (taking all precautions!) after attending mass. Breakfast in the morning was dreamy - smoked salmon scones and mouth-watering brown bread. I helped myself to multiple portions! And devoured everything on the table! The breakfast area looks out over the round tower of St. Declan's ruins and the gorgeous coastline. I could have sat there for hours -- with the excellent company and stimulating conversation.

When departing Ardmore, Jeanette ever so kindly insisted on dropping me to the bus stop, and even when I forgot a print of a painting purchased there, she graciously sent it to me.

Ardmore is a place of magic and unreal beauty, and this b&b, nestled into the ancient landscape, is a tribute to its town, the epitome of hospitality and a house of boundless warmth.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kathpowers
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have being visiting Ardmore since before I was born and have passed through every B&B in the village at this stage. I can honestly say that Duncrone is the very best. The house is situated a short 15 minute walk from the village and enjoys most lovely location overlooking Armore's beautiful three beaches as well as the 10th century round tower.

Janette and her family are very warm and friendly people and they welcome you to their home with open arms. The house itself is meticulously clean but still feels homely with the constant delicious smell of fresh baking! All the rooms are spacious and comfortable with TVs, tea and coffee making facilities and WiFi.

The breakfast is second to none from the freshly squeezed orange juice (you can drink as much of it as you like, it is not measured out as it is in so many other places!!), to the freshly baked bread, the free range eggs from the chickens out in the garden EVERYTHING is superb.

I recommend this B&B without hesitation. I rarely write reviews but Janette does such a good job she really deserves her five stars. I have stayed here at least four times and I will be coming back again in November. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank auti2
Reviewed August 5, 2013

fabulous B & B with beautiful views lovely spacious rooms comfy clean beds and a true Irish breakfast and Jeanette the owner could not wish to meet a nicer more welcoming lady. Thank you can't wait to come back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Arrived and felt like family from the first hello to the final "family" picture taken when we left. Jeanette and her son are amazing. They are so friendly, engaging and accommodating. The breakfast alone is worth the stay!! Fresh squeezed orange juice, freshly picked strawberries and eggs gathered that morning! The rooms spacious and ever so clean. If we are ever blessed to return to Ireland, we will certainly want to spend time with our friends at Duncrone B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends