“What a B&B!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Nenagh B&B and Inns
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
“What a B&B!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our first night of our tour of the Ring of Kerry. Very comfortable large rooms with a very efficient and large bathroom too. Every little thing thought about too! Brian is a lovely friendly chap and we immediately warmed to him.We all had a good nights sleep and down to a lovely Irish full breakfast. We couldn't fault it.
The whole set up was matching any hotels we have stayed at. well done!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Delighted that everything in Williamsferry was up to the high standard you gave it credit for. Trust you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland. Every good wish and thanks again. Brian and Mary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here, prior to visiting Limerick on business; we chose the Williamsferry House on the basis of its high Trip Advisor rating (haven't tried many 5 star accommodations) and it proved a good choice (and the rating is justified). The rooms are comfortable, pleasantly done up, and light (not like some murky B and Bs). Brian is an attentive, helpful but not intrusive host (Mary was away). The breakfast is excellent; and the place has ample off-street parking. Altogether, very good value; worth the 5 stars (circles?).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review which is much appreciated. We are a 4 star B&B but delighted that you thought you were in a 5 star accommodation. Glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we aim to make breakfast as special as we can with locally produced foods which are freshly cooked to order. They variety we offer goes down a treat too. Enjoy all of your own travels and hopefully may see you back in Nenagh again sometime in the future. Thanks again Brian and Mary
Austin
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My brother and I stayed at Williamsferry House with Brian and Mary on a trip around Ireland, and it was GREAT! The property was well-kept and homey; affording us a modern touch by being provided a tv in our room, while bringing a touch of old school to our stay by being served tea in the parlor, while listening to the history of the house and tales of life in Ireland by our friendly hosts. Brian and Mary definitely made us feel welcome and desired and not like people just renting a room for the night. In the morning, Brian made us a delicious meal of French Toast (one of many choices to choose from) and saw us off, providing us directions to a beautiful view of the lake (I can't think of the name at the moment).

This is a property that I would stay at again, and definitely for an extended period of time.

Thank you Brian and Mary for your hospitality, we really appreciate it!
L&L

Room Tip: I believe Room 4 has an attached bath (we stayed in the room, but I can't remember for certain w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Glad you both enjoyed your stay with us and we were chuffed to hear you had won the trip to Ireland and had decided to make Williamsferry one of your stay places because of it's central location and the look and feel of the house on our website. We aim to make it a home away from home for our guests and we enjoy the many worlwide travellers that call our way. So lovely to have met you both and wish you all the best as you head towards the end of your studies. All the best for the future. Brian and Mary
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a few unplanned days in Ireland (visiting from the US) and found Nenagh more or less by throwing darts at a map, bolstered by a tenuous connection to a great-grandparent from the area. Brian and Mary were consummate hosts - I felt more like I was staying with family and going out to expensive breakfasts each morning rather than paying to stay at a B&B, (an extremely good value, by the way). I was hesitant to bring up the possible family ties to the area, but once I had, within maybe 10 minutes Mary had two old, out-of-print pamphlets with information on Nenagh residents going back to the mid-1840s for me, in addition to a business card for the nearby North Tipperary Genealogical Center. I could ramble on about the quality of Brian's cooking, the various historical sites around the town, how I took the house bike up to Lough Derg for an afternoon on the very well marked cycling loops in that area, etc., but you're better served by visiting Nenagh and discovering it all for yourself. Really, I can't say enough about the place. If you find yourself in Nenagh, Williamsferry House is the name to know.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glad your dart throwing picked Nenagh as one of your Irish stopovers and you found that it offered you a link to your ancestral past along with enjoying all that it has to offer to today. We were delighted to have you stay with us and admired all of the energy you had from cycling out to Lough Derg and getting to visitor sites around the area in such a short space of time. Hopefully will see you back in Tipperary again sometime in the future. All the best with your studies. Brian and Mary
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have no negative comments. Homely, clean, comfortable, affordable. I would definitely stay here again if i was in the area and also recommend it to anyone doing the same. Brian was especially helpful, kind and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank kocodee
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review which is much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed your stay here at Williamsferry and maybe will see you again if in the area. All the best in the meantime. Regards Brian and Mary
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here last October for the dual purpose of me researching my family history and getting a break away from the daily grind. Based on our experience, we would heartily recommend Williamsferry to anyone looking for a place to stay in Nenagh.

From the first enquiry to the final goodbye, my husband and I were looked after and helped to find our way around, given help which enabled me to do my research and well fed at breakfast to set us up for another day of research and walking. The food is something which, without hyperbole, I could spend a very long time extemperising the excellence of - I was a particular fan of the scrambled eggs, with my husband preferring to start the day on a full Irish. There's an option for everyone on the menu and the fresh bread is genuinely worth a try.

Rooms wise - they're clean with plenty of storage and en suite facilities. Whilst tea & coffee are provided, I got a penchant for Lyons tea and did tend to top this up with my own supplies. However, I should point out that I'm someone who drinks their own body weight in tea most days and the tea provided is perfectly ample for the average person.

There is car parking on site and free - which is helpful if like us you intend to tour the area or you're flying in from an airport other than Shannon. Given Nenagh's central location this is really helpful for you to make the most of your time there and to appreciate sights such as Cashel and Lough Derg.

Nothing is too much trouble for Mary & Brian - and their interest in you as guests makes a huge difference to the stay. We had many a pleasant chat over breakfast and if family can't put us up on our next visit over the water we'll certainly be looking to return there as our first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are always delighted to look after our guests in best way possible. So glad you got through more of your research and were able to enjoy a break in Nenagh and experience the area and its attractions. Nenagh has become much more accessible with M7 route which is great for the area and for visitors to Nenagh and Lough Derg. Free access to Heritage Centre and Nenagh Castle is valued very much by visitors also. So thank you once again and would be more than happy to see you return to Williamsferry again some day in the future. Kind regards. Mary and Brian
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We arrived in Nenagh on the 31st August around lunchtime. We discovered the delightful
Cinnamon Alley Cafe and enjoyed our lunch. We were talking with the waitress who recommended a good B&B to us - Williamsferry House. We replied we are booked in there, and felt glad it must be alright. We duly arrived and met Mary and Brian Devine. Our two rooms were very comfortable and we were helped in chosing a place to dine that evening. Breakfast the next morning in the dining room was great, with Brian waiting on us.

Mary helped me in my research for my family ancestors. In particular, she lent me a locally printed book which showed up many leads. It was out of print as I tried to purchase it. Mary later sent photocopied pages when I arrived back in Australia, for which I was very grateful. We stayed another night and were again helped with a restaurant.

It was great to return each night quite exhausted from researching (Nenagh History Centre)
and visiting the site where the Cummins and Hogan families had lived back in the 1840's.
Brian and Mary helped us enjoy our short stay, and we would stay again if we were able to
It was a joy for me to visit Tipperary after many years of trying to get there. We are happy to recommend Brian and Mary Devine and Williamsferry House.

Room Tip: I think any room would be more than comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
williamsferryhouse, Owner at Williamsferry House, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Glad you finally made that trip to Tipperary - hopefully it didn't feel such a long way after all! Was lovely to have met you all and to have helped you on your ancestral trail. Always enjoy seeing people make a breakthrough on their search and if we can be a part of it, all the better. Thank you for your kind review and glad you had a good experience in Tipperary and Nenagh. Every good wish to you all for the future and hopefully you will continue to build more contacts here in Ireland or back in Australia. Kind Regards nto all, Mary & Brian