“Superb cheeses, cold meats, fruit, wines; I'm lucky to have Peter and Mary Ward on my doorstep!”
Review of Country Choice

Country Choice
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Nenagh
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The little things that make Christmas special were beautifully provided for by the Wards at Country Choice. A mulled wine prepared with organic wines and Mary's spice mix stood out in particular - all pronounced it the best they'd ever tasted! Living down in the wilds of Munster, Peter's cheese boards are an oasis of flavour: my favourite this year was a delectable soft cheese with cranberry which crowned royally a beautifully woody smoked salmon for breakfast on Christmas morning. The day was rounded nicely, especially for my three grown children (and I suspect the teenagers also!), with a very good selection of reasonably priced organic wines and ports, the quality of which far exceeded expectations.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A real nice friendly Deli with the best home made food all from local suppliers. With a nice coffee shop at the back of the shop Very friendly staff we had a Coffee the best Lemon Meringue ever.Worth a stop when in in Nenagh

1  Thank George M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

And I did indeed dine well! Having visited Country Choice in Neenagh on a number of occasions and on having always left with a happy stomach and a friendly welcome I decided to visit its sister shop in the Milk Market, Limerick.

I ordered a breakfast bap. It consisted of a soft bread bap, bacon, black and white pudding, with caramelized onion relish.

I was worried that I would be waiting a while as there was a long queue of hungry patrons. However I was waiting a mere 10minutes before I had ordered and a further 3 before the feast in a bap was in my hand.

The food was delicious and fresh! Exactly what I needed after my journey from Cork. The hospitality was without fault and I felt the price was perfectly suitable for the good quality food I soonafter scoffed down!

I shall definitely be calling back!

1  Thank ciaraolf
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were stopped in our tracks by the beautiful display of tomato sauces and imported groceries, then were drawn in by the gorgeous meats, breads, salads and deli goods in the case. The owner, Mary Ward, is top of her class.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Passing true the town, stopped off for lunch. Main corse 10.50 tea 2.50 apple tart 4.50.

All the food is home made, top draw. Service is very good. Seating a little cramped and small but not worth complaining about.

Il def call again :))