“good food/good value/friendly staff”

The Thatched Cottage
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Nenagh
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have had the carvery recently and on both occasions, I found the food delicious. The portions are generous and the staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant is quite traditional and the whole dining experience reflected that tradition of good wholesome food and Irish country hospitality at a reasonable price. I went away feeling happy to recommend and certainly happy to go back again. Well done on giving good value for a quality meal

There are newer reviews for The Thatched Cottage

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked the thatch a few months ago for my Daughters First Holy Communion as i had attented a xmas party as both me and my partner were very impressed! When we arrived it was very busy between both Sunday diners and other communion parties. We were greeted and seated immediately. The menu had a great selection to suit all my guests and the children were looked after straight away, and all food was served with no delays, portions were extremely generous and tasted divine. our waitress was extremely attentive and nothing was a problem! We all throughly enjoyed our day especially my daughter. Thanks to all at the thatch!:) See you soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A group of 7 of us eat there this evening. The restaurant was very busy mainly due to a nearby sailing event and the staff clearly were finding it difficult to cope.

Drinks were missed and one main failed to arrive.

Overall food was fine bit at the prices charged this venue needs to move beyond "pub grub". Would like to try again when not so busy.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

i have been here quite a few times over the past year and i think the food has got better over time. the carvery lunch that we got for the past 2 sundays wouldnt be out of place in a very good restaurant. the food was all jazzed up presented beautifully and yet the portion was very plentyful and really tasty. along with this the waitressing staff are second to none . they are hardworking and very attentive and make the place run very smooth

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

was in the thatch yesterday for dinner aftr christening..the food was fab...generous portions and absolutely delicious.the waitresses were great and so patient even when kids running around as they cleaned up.they were run off their feet but they were always so friendly and checked in a few times to make sure everything was ok.

thanks to all at thatch.