Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
$117
$84
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
Sligo City Hotel(Sligo)(Great Value!)
$140
  • Breakfast included
Temple House(Ballymote)
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
All reviewscontinental breakfaststrandhill lodgeboiled eggsseaweed bathipod dockthe atlantic oceannespresso machinebalcony roomself servicetra banmini fridgestrand baryogurtice bucketresidents loungedvd playergolf club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay. Easy to find. Lovely views of the ocean. Breakfast was great even though there were no hot options. There was choice between breakfast pastries, breads, yogurts, cereals, porridge, etc. Will definitely find another reason to visit Stradhill and this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: May 2013
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Chef

Thankyou for taking the time to review im delighted you enjoyed your stay. We're delighted you enjoyed your breakfast also.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great location on the coast, close to a lovely small vacation/resort town. Large suite with all amenities one could want. In addition, the manager spent considerable time helping us with a travel problem - far beyond the call of duty. Great service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear David

Thankyou for your kind review - i'm glad that all was to your liking... we do try and accommodate guests as far as we can.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and we might see you back in Ireland soon.

If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at the end of June, we had a lovely room on the first floor with a balcony overlooking the atlantic ocean, amazing view. Room was beautiful, with a fantastic bathroom, spotlessly clean, free bottled water is a nice touch, continental breakfast was ample, lots of choice and plenty of it. Staff are lovely nothing is to much trouble.
I went with my mum for her birthday, was a bit worried about meals for her, she's not a fussy eater just likes plain food, we had our meals in the restaurant next door to the hotel called the venue, they looked after her with no fuss or bother, staff couldnt do enough for us. Would recommend this hotel to anyone its a real gem, well worthy of its 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Chelseaireland

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review; it is greatly appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that the birthday celebrations went well. It is always satisfying to see that guests stays are what they had hoped for prior to arrival.

The Venue restaurant next door is a terrific restaurant and we are lucky to have them in such close proximity. The balcony rooms are our most popular and with the recent good weather it is easy to know why!

Again thankyou for taking the time to review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Strandhill Lodge and Suites near Sligo, Ireland. We had a corner room on the second floor and it had a beautiful view of the beach and surf, about a half mile away. Sitting on our balcony watching the sunset was a relaxing way to end the day. The room was very, very clean and had all the comforts of a four star hotel. Manager David McCoy was welcoming and knowledgeable of the area and a lively conversationalist as well. The Venue next door had good food and the same beautiful view of the coast of Ireland. Visitors will need a car to sightsee, but the hotel has a car park. Alyce and Patrick

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor, preferably a corner room for a wider view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Agoxpyxlug

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted that you managed to absorb all the great views from the rooms and the sunsets are magnificent and even seeing them everyday does not detract from its beauty.

I'm glad that we could contribute to the enjoyment of your time in Ireland in some small way.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the area again soon.

Thank-you again Alyce and Patrick for taking the time to review.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I decided to book an Irish three centre holiday for my husband's 65th birthday. He had traced his ancestors to Sligo so I got advice from a friend of my Daughter in Law who knew the area and our first stop was the Strandhill Lodge and Suites. Good large car park and when we checked in we couldn't have felt more welcome. The room was lovely, we had chosen one with a balcony which overlooked fields to the sea. The room had wi-fi, a useful safe and fridge and as well as the hospitality tray in room there was free tea and coffee machine and water dispenser available all day around reception area. Breakfast was continental with a good choice of meats,pastries,juice,cereals,fruit and fruit juices. There was no restaurant so we were given plenty advice on places to eat and we chose The Venue, an Irish pub next door which served excellent steaks and seafood. We enjoyed our stay so much at Strandhill Lodge and Suites and would return without hesitation.

Stayed: June 2013

Dear MausF

Thank-you for taking the time to put your review on tripadvisor - we greatly appreciate your feedback.

I'm delighted that your trip to find the ancestors was somewhat successful. It is a beautiful area in which to base yourself to explore the region so I'm happy that all worked out well for you.

The amenities we provide in house are for your relaxation so its great that they were to your liking also... we are lucky to have the venue next door and they provide a great compliment to what we have here.

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast - it is something a bit different but we find it is being well responded to.

I hope if you are back in the area we will see you again - and i'd be delighted to welcome you back again. Thankyou again for your review.