“Absolutely Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strandhill
GreenLeadersGold level
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really can't recommend this hotel enough - I It has everything you need to make your stay in the beautiful village of Strandhill absolutely perfect. It has a truly great location, the rooms are of the highest standard, the view from our room was simply breathtaking, it has all the modern amenities you'd need and the staff were just so helpful throughout our whole time there. The hotel is just at the foot of Knocknarea on one side and has the beautiful backdrop of Strandhill beach on the other side. It is beside a pub which serves great food and has music and is just up the street from the beach and all the shops and restaurants. The breakfast was so nice and plentiful and the little touches of having a video library and a great iPod speaker in the room all serve to a great experience. I have very fond memories of my whole time spent in Strandhill and this is in no small part to the relaxing time spent in the Strandhill lodge. It is an absolute pleasure to give this hotel 5 stars and I really can’t wait to get back again.

Room Tip: The views overlooking the sea are simply breathtaking
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skin77
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Skin77

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write your review; i'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the location. We do strive to ensure that our rooms remain at a high standard and we did some minor refurbishments in January in order to keep the rooms fresh and current.

Our location in the heart of the village and so much about us, is one of the main reasons guests enjoy staying with us. .. so as a package Strandhill has much to offer - the magnificent views among them.

You are very kind with your praise and I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much - amenities and the little extras do sometimes add a little bit extra to the stay but it is to ensure that you can maximise your visit to Strandhill.

I'd be delighted to welcome you back to Strandhill again soon and if i can help with the booking please do not hesitate to let me know. In the meantime thank-you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and i look forward to seeing you again soon.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent rooms with amazing views, staff are great - David (Manager is very helpful). Possible my favourite Hotel and great location for a relaxing break. Great beach, Surfing, Seaweed baths, mountain walks, golf etc.....

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room with an ocean view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RONANAF

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write your review. Im delighted you give us such high praise we will strive to continue to live up to your expectations in teh future.

If i can be of any assistance in future please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend while on a surfing adventure to Sligo, and I have to say we had a wonderful stay! I found this hotel to be modern, well run and spotlessly clean. There were plenty of towels, and the bed was SO comfortable. The staff were so friendly, professional and helpful. I really felt they did everything they could to ensure we had a good stay. A fulfilling breakfast was provided every morning in a clean, bright sit-down area. While the hotel receives ten out ten in every category, it is truly the location that impressed me the most. Ideally located just ten mins from the beach, it is situated in one of the nicest parts of Ireland, with our bedroom overlooking the beautiful beach. What amazing views to wake up to in the morning! There are restaurants and pubs also within 5-10 mins walk, making it handy to get to everything. I have already recommended this hotel to my friends and family, and am happy to recommend it to anyone on trip advisor as well. Definitely stay here !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WEXF
Dear WEX

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review and for such positive feedback about your stay with us. I'm delighted you got a chance to experience the surf as Strandhill has over 5 surf schools and are delighted to provide lessons to guests.

I'm glad you found the facilities and the room to your liking we do try and meet the needs of our guests where possible.

I really appreciate the recommendation as word of mouth comment about a place is worth great deal and we will strive to ensure that your family and friends have a relaxing break here.

In the meantime thankyou again for your kind review and i look forward to greeting you again in the future.

Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

There is nothing I can fault about this place, great value, great service, great rooms with lovely views and a super breakfast. I spent one night here with a family girls night and we were all very impressed. It's luxury at affordable prices with very friendly staff. I am already planning when I can visit again! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Seaview with a balcony was just superb!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear oohbin

Thankyou so much for such a positive review - i'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try and accommodate guests in a relaxing and comfortable setting in what is one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland.

When you do book again be sure to book directly with us and we'd be delighted to provide you with the best rates.

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review.

Strabane, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Lovely accommodation, rooms are spacious and very clean with added extras such as I pod dock.Excellent view from room, very pleasant and informative staff, good variety to choose from in continental breakfast, overall a most enjoyable stay, would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have great view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Clairebradraff

Thankyou for taking the time to review - I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm delighted that you found all to your liking.

Our front desk staff endeavour at all times to ensure that guests know as much of the area as possible... in this way guests will enjoy their stay all the more, i will pass on your kind comments. The alternate breakfast is proving popular and guests are responding to the healthy option which we provide.

If you are in Strandhill again i would be delighted to accommodate you again and if remember if you contact us directly you will get the best rates.

Thankyou again for taking the time to review.

Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights recently and had a thoroughly pleasant experience. Our room had a fantastic view of the sea, and the balcony was a nice surprise, meaning we could sit outside and take in the view. The room itself was excellent; spotlessly clean, plenty of towels, fantastic shower, wardrobe space was very good, and the bed was extremely comfortable. David gave us plenty of information on local activities and was very helpful with directions to different places by the sea. The breakfast was very nice, and the hotel itself was always very warm and cosy. Overall we had a fantastic stay, which was down to the hotels cleanliness and close location to the sea, and also the fantastic attitudes of the staff who were always helpful, attentive and warm. I will definitely come back here again, hopefully for longer than a couple of days.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a room with a view of the sea!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ronan1988
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Ronan1988

Thankyou for taking the time to review i'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to Bríd in housekeeping and she will be delighted that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. I will also pass on your comments regarding the rest of the staff.

I'm glad you enjoyed the balcony rooms they always prove popular among guests and I'm happy that you were allocated one on this occasion.

Thank-you again for taking the time to review and if i can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to let me know.

nettetal
Reviewed March 31, 2013

we two germans (husband and wife) just returned from a four night stay here. our room was spacious and clean with a nice view - also from the balcony - over the lovely golf course "strandhill" to the sea.
the breakfast is a superb continental breakfast; there is also a coffee-station, opened 24 hours a day.
the parking is more than ample off street parking; the staff were always more than helpfull!!
it is a great place for a golfing-break, we enjoyed our break here!
the traditional bar next door is very good for a guiness or two, but the "venue"-restaurant belonging to the pub is like a snack-bar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aristoteles62
Dear Aristotles62

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review i'm delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one. The views are indeed spectacular and the views of the sea certainly compliment the balcony roooms.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast; and the small extras like the complimentary coffee which we provide. You are correct about the Bar 'The Venue' next door it is a great asset to what we offer here.

Thank you again for taking the time to review and I hope that we can accommodate you in the future again - i look forward to welcoming you back.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
#7 of 8 in Sligo
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!