“what a great hotel !!!!!!!!!!!”

Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strandhill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife and i stayed here 2 nights and it is a wonderful place. very clean rooms,a room safe, free internet access and a great breakfast.what really makes this hotel great, is David the general manager,he might be best gm in ireland. a lot have people have noted what great job he does, but he also is a great person too meet , he really made our trip to strandhill a unforgettable experience. another one of the perks staying here is the reduced rate at the strandhill golf course. i played all over the west coast of ireland and this course ranked up here with any of them. a hidden gem as is the hotel. if we if ever get back to ireland, this place would be on our list. Robert S.

1  Thank mayanfan88
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear Mayanfan88, Robert

Thankyou so much for your kind comments and for taking time to review us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us; we are so lucky to have such a great golf course and the seaweed baths in such close proximity to us. It enhances the whole experience of the village.

I'm also delighted that you found all our amenities and services to be to your liking and we are constantly trying to gauge feedback to constantly improve; the rooms were decorated by the owners Mary and Damian and a lot of thought and effort when into creating the product; so to get such positive feedback is very much appreciated.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland; and when you do come back we look forward to welcoming you again to the west of ireland.

Thankyou again,

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay. Staff were very helpful with suggestions of what to do. Rooms were very comfortable and so clean.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Laccotter

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review us and for your favourable comments.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and i'll be sure to pass on your comments to all our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future; if i can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Only found this superb accommodation because we wanted to see where they managed to put an airport at Sligo. The best accommodation of its type that we have had in the last 3 weeks. Everything high quality from David's intial greeting to the kettle. A bonus was the discounted hot seaweed bath in the village. Stayed the day that the tail end of a cyclone hit the Irish coast, this only added to the experience, particularly as we live in the Australian outback. Continental breakfast was better than many "full Irish" that we have had. Would have loved to stay longer.
Bill and Chris Elliott, Wilcannia, NSW, Australia.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Bill and Chris

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write your kind review; it was a pleasure having you stay with us for what was a brief time in Sligo.

I particularly enjoyed you telling us abou the Australian outback and the relative short distances Ireland has compared to your vast farmlands!!

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast it is an area we are always looking to improve. I hope the rest of your holiday was enjoyable and i hope to see you in Strandhill in the future.

Thankyou again on behalf of all the staff for taking the time to review and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed for a couple of nights recently and was very impressed with the high standard of the accommodation and also the friendly, helpful and professional service from David and Linda. The room was fabulous and so comfortable you would be tempted to stay there and relax and enjoy the views of the ocean if the weather wasn't too good. Buffet continental breakfast was more than enough to get you going for the day. I would highly recommend this hotel and definitely will be returning.

Room Tip: Room with view of ocean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dear Patricia F

Thankyou so much for your kind review and for taking the time to do so.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all the amenities and services in Strandhill to your liking, I do apologise for the inclement weather but hopefully on your return you will get a chance to see the marvellous sunsets in spring and summer.

I will pass on your comments to Linda she will be most pleased and she is a valued member of our team so i'll be sure to let her know.

On behalf of all the staff I thankyou again for taking the time and i look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Highly recommended.
Great staff, welcome and advice.
Accomodation top class.
Super location in stunning scenery.
Walk to the beaches.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear DOB65

Thankyou for taking the time to review; and thankyou for your most favourable comments.

We are happy with the area and what we have to offer so i'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. If i can be of any assistance when you book again please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thankyou again

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Travelled with my husband in Sept 2011. Stayed for 2 nights in this very well appointed accomodation over-looking Strand Hill golf course. Rooms were to a very high standard, clean, very spacious and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was more than adequate. David looked after us very well, he was both professional and friendly.The deal we had included a round of golf which we really enjoyed, various offers available. highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear LillyQ

Thankyou very much for kind review; I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us.

Glad you enjoyed our all in package; makes it so attractive for us to offer such packages when we are in such close proximity to the golf, surf, seaweed baths etc.. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I look forward to greeting you again on your return and in the meantime if i can be of assistance please do not hesitate to let me know; and when you book again i'll be sure that you get a similar room.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here previously after the place just opened, and I didn't think it could.. but it did! I said I would come back and did and enjoyed a fantastic midweek break. The weather managed to clear up for awhile during my stay, however didn't bother me as I was enjoying relaxing in my room and watching the ocean from the balcony! Also noted was the attractive new garden feature outside that looks really well and enhances the establishment. Staff are absolutely wonderful from the friendly girl on reception, Lisa, I think, and the girl Miriam serving at breakfast was fantastic in dealing with some of my dietary needs! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay once again, and well I hope to return to Sligo once again in the very near future!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, views are to die for!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Dear Zeeniall

Thankyou very much for your kind review; it is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you found your 2nd time with us as good as the first. We are always anxious that our standards do not slip in anyway.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to us again.

Many thanks

David McCoy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Sligo Park Hotel
#4 of 8 in Sligo
3 mi away
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!