“I'll be staying longer.”

Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“I'll be staying longer.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been staying at Value Place Fayetteville, AR for 6 months so far. It seems important that I make it clear, at the start of my review, as to exactly what Value Place is. Value Place is an extended stay hotel. Guests can stay for a week (sometimes less), a month, or for as long as they like. Value Place advertizes the hotel as a family friendly, clean, and safe place to stay at an economical price. Based on my experience staying at the hotel so far, Value Place delivers on its promise.

Value Place is not a posh upscale 6-star all inclusive hotel. I suggest that reviewers not give Value Place bad reviews for not being so. For example, the rooms do not come with a coffee maker or kitchen dishes. However, the hotel offers an inexpensive coffee maker and kitchen dish set for a reasonable price. If you don't want the hotel's solution Wal Mart is directly accross the street. My TV is an older CRT model but it works perfectly, is connected to cable, and includes the Encore movie channel. So let me repeat, Value Place is a clean and safe hotel that can charge less money by cutting a few amenities from the room. If you need all of the amenities there are other more expensive hotels here in Fayetteville in which you can stay.

Since I've been here so long I've needed service a couple of times. The room door lock runs on batteries that ocassionally run down. The one time I was locked out of my room the batteries were replaced immediatly and I was back in my room within 10 minutes. Last week my heater/AC wall unit shut itself off and would not come back on. It was 5 degrees outside when I informed the manager and he immediately picked up the phone and the unit was replaced within 30 minutes. The manager checked on me several times during the process and once after it was replaced to make sure I was OK.

My room is cleaned and linens and bedding changed by maid service once every two weeks for no additional charge.

My only real gripe here at Value Place is about something management has no control over. The rooms are interior on a hallway that runs the length of the building. For security reasons, the room door hinges are spring loaded to shut the door when you let go of it. The consequence is some noise from slamming doors. I've gotten used to it but I can see how it might be bothersome for those who like dead silence.

To sum up, I highly recommend Value Place in Fayetteville, AR. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. Customer service is steller.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Tom S
Nick R, General Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
At Value Place Fayetteville our #1 priority is our guest's comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for the review and your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Staff was the most friendly and helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed at. They were there for help with anything possible that I needed. Great people will stay here again. When anything went wrong they immedeialty fixed the problem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Nick R, General Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Value Place Fayetteville. We strive to be the cleanest, safest and most affordable lodging experience. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We traveled to Fayetteville and had plans to stay with family.. As those plans fell through I needed a last minute room. I went on Expedia and since there was a home football game the prices were outrageous! Value place had a room for $55. I thought how bad can it be?? THAT BAD!!! Never ever ever again.. My key never would work.. I was sent to the room 3 separate times to try my key with no luck (and did I mention I was on the 3rd floor). Finally after the 3rd I told her I would not go back again. It was 11:30 at night and I wanted sleep! After waiting an additional 30 minutes she finally walked up with me and clear the door with her master.. Her comment was. Oh I forgot about that.. Seriously??? All I can say is never again!!!

• Stayed November 2013
bill e, General Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly. As I'm sure you noticed, that weekend was extremely busy. I'm sorry it took so long to resolve the issue. Our safety attendant checks every lock each night on her rounds, but sometimes they don't register as having an issue right away. I will have her double check each lock that registers faulty to avoid this issue occurring again. Thank you for making us aware of this problem. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to correct and improve our hotel and service we provide.
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Terrible place to stay. The air was sweet and awful from the air freshener that seemed to be everywhere. We opened the window but still had headaches from the overwhelming scent. No bedside lamps. No coffee pot. It was a cheap place to stay but I wouldn't do it again nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
All of our guest comments and concerns are important to Value Place Fayetteville staff and we pride ourselves on our core value of: Affordable, Clean, Safe, Simple, and Flexible. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. In order to continue to offer such low rates we allow guests to customize their stay by purchasing additional amenities such as a coffee maker or dish pack. It allows the guests who wouldn't use these items to avoid incurring the additional costs necessary to stock and maintain them. We do not have bedside lamps, but the overhead lights are set up in each room to allow you to customize which ones you would like on and off at any given time. There is a light switch next to the bed that allows you to turn the light on and off just like a bedside lamp. Thank you for your comments. They allow us to find ways to better serve our future guests.
Nashville
Reviewed November 7, 2013

As noted before this is an extended stay hotel. I just stayed for 3 nights. It's ok at $50 but not a penny more. I've been in Super 8's that were more upscale and Extended Stay America is nicer. The bed didn't have a box springs just a platform and mattress but it was ok. The room was clean but the halls stunk from residents cooking in rooms. The TV was an analog tube that was outdated 10 years ago but it worked. There was a problem with my reservation and they were very patient to work it out with hotels.com.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Portland, OR
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I know this place has had some bad reviews. However, Bill Emerson is running a tight ship. This is a place where many workers on area jobs will stay and then move on. That is how it is. Yeah, they are outside yakking it up on their phones. So? They are not outside my door or window. Room has everything you need to be comfortable.

Don't want to spend a lot on kitchen things if you can't take them with you? Go to the Goodwill on MLK just a little bit east (past Walmart). Our kids live here so for us that worked well because we will leave everything at their apartment for next time.

This is our first visit to Fayetteville, AR but our son has a three year contract so we will be back. And we will stay here. This is a sweet deal. We stayed on the ground floor right by the entrance so it was easy in and out for us. Oh, and I am not comfortable in ANY parking lot after dark. If the reviewer was so dissatisfied then why stay three weeks?

Room Tip: No restaurants and no kids. We were ground floor and fine with that. Oh, if you have more than one d...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bill e, Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at our Value Place. It was our pleasure to service you the best way possible. Please feel free to call us any time you need a place to stay in Fayetteville or any of our nationwide locations.
Your Lodging Team
The Value Place
Fayetteville, AR
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 30, 2013

we stayed at this motel during bikes blues and bbq. this place has had some bad reviews in the past. we met Bill the mgr the day we checked in. bill took this place over aprox. 4 weeks ago. bill has really cleaned this place up and made us feel really good about staying here. in the mornings he would make sure we had plenty of towels to wipe our bikes off. he even let us pull the bikes up on the porch when it was raining. anytime we saw bill he was very concerned with our needs. Bill always made sure we were comfortable and always made sure we had anything we needed. Bill is a very valuable employee to your company. next time we come to fayetteville for the rally ,
Value place will be the 1st place we call for reservations. I just hope Bill is still the mgr here. thank you for a pleasant stay. bill it was nice doing business with you.
SHAWN S.
OKC OK

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shawn S
Shawn,
Thank you so much for staying with us through such a fun event. We enjoyed your stay as much as you did. Our entire lodging team is working every day to better your experience here. Thank you for the feedback and we really look forward to seeing you in the future.

Your Lodging Team