“Dangerous place to stay.”

Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Dangerous place to stay.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 weeks. I was afraid to walk through the parking lot after dark. Alot of people outside and in the halls and stairwells talking on the phone. The staff is not very well trained. Getting your towels every day is a bummer. The internet is weird. Only 1 user at a time on the internet. We both could not use our laptops with internet at the same time. We saw Cockroaches. Never did we see the security guy walking around and checking things out. Cheap blinds, it was impossible to sleep in. Slamming doors are very loud. Most of the parking spaces are taken up by utility vehicles.

Room Tip: Find a better place to stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra H
Jenny M, Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
All of our guest comments and concerns are important to Value Place Fayetteville staff and we pride ourselves on our core value of: Affordable, Clean, Safe, Simple, and Flexible.We apologize for the any inconvenience in the towel service we offer, as this service allows you to customize the services you wish to receive. The hotel is currently running high occupancy, which makes for additional guests coming and going, opening and closing doors, along with a fuller parking lot. Our Safety Attendant lives here onsite, is required to do nightly property rounds, and is able to be reach by dialing 500 anytime the office is not opened. Value Place thanks you for patronage and your comments. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to correct and improve our hotel and service we provide. Thank you for staying at Value Place Fayetteville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My Fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for close to two weeks, staff was okay but not overly helpful. Stayed in a 2nd floor room, the noise was terrible, seemed as though people were partying 24/7. Called the front desk to complain after 2 days of this, with no results. Also people were standing outside at all hours, strange cars in and out of parking lot looked very suspicious. Elevators smelled terrible. Overall cost did not meet expectations. Also on day of checkout, had to pay 1 daily rate after staying two weeks, which the front desk employee claimed suddenly shot up as of "this morning" to 51.00. Ridiculous. Would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Mandyfaye29
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at the Value Place in Fayetteville AR. for 6 months (July 2011-Jan 2012). I was working in the NWA area. The hotel was very clean and conviently located. I felt very safe during my entire stay. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful. This was my 1st experience staying at a Value Place property. They are very economical, and I will definately stay at other properties when given the chance. I would stay at the property again, if given the chance.

Doug, from GA

Room Tip: I stayed in an end unit on the bottom floor. It was very quite.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug W
stormnolan, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,
As the property manager of the Value Place Fayetteville AR, our entire staff was very pleased that your stay was pleasant and rewarding. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe, as well as an affordable place to stay. We sincerely hope in the future, if the need arises to be in this area, that you will choose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your review and we at Value Place Fayetteville AR look forward to seeing you again.
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When I arrived my room couldn't have had more smoke in it. I call the desk and they said that "non-smoking rooms" couldn't be gauranteed in advance. WHAT? Since the cancelation policy states that you must cancel 3 days ahead, I was stuck.
My advice, don't plan a stay at "Value Place" unless you are a smoker.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank JRnGG
stormnolan, Manager at Value Place Fayetteville Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
“We apologize for the inconvenience, and guest requests are important to Value Place. We try to accommodate requests to the best of our availability, and in your case, studio details should have been communicated before your time of arrival. We are running high occupancy, which makes the number of rooms available in short supply. Typically, we aim to offer the most flexibility in studio options.”

Cindy Cox
Property Manager
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Management is really good to their customers. Some of the other guest are a little sketchy at times but I'd you talk with them they are usually the average joe. The room is clean and new! You do have to deal with your own cleaning and toiletries if you run out so basically
At you house or apartment does smell of smoke but not like a 70's truck stop dinning hall. I had no real noise issues the head boards do slam the wall if you know what I mean! Overall management is really helpful polite and are there if needed Steve is awesome! I will come back if ever need be!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Bman08
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My experience at The Value Place in Fayetteville Arkansas was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful with everything from my request for an extra pillow down to directions around town.

The room was clean and I didn't have any problems with noise. I was on the first floor and didn't notice noise above me. The hotel it close to everything so it was a very convenient place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 29, 2010

First off, I think people are misunderstanding the target patron of a Value Place. This is a weekly rental ($139 + tax for my studio w/kitchenette). While this looks appealing pricewise to vacationers, you must understand that this is not a normal "hotel". This is a place that caters mostly to people who are relocating, working out of state, or need extended lodging.

I myself am staying here because I am relocating from out of state, and I needed a place to live while I looked for an appropriate home in the area. I do not rent long-term site-unseen.

Value Place does not operate like a hotel. There is no daily maid service, your trash is not emptied/liner replaced, tissues, tp, soap, cups, etc are not replaced. Linens are not exchanged (you can exchange them by taking them to the front desk, you will have to remake your own bed). There is no coffee maker in the room, but it does have a fullsize refrigerator, microwave, sink, and 2 burner stove kitchenette. If you do stay for 2 or more weeks, the maid will come in and clean your room, but she won't replace the items listed above (she may make your bed and change your linens though, I'm not sure).

You pay for an entire week at a time, there is no pro-rated or daily rate and there is a $100 refundable deposit (refunded after you check out) at the time of check-in. High speed internet is available for an extra $10 a week and is wired, not WiFi.

It's a strange middle-ground between hotel and apartment, and I think that isn't clear to people who have stayed here and been unhappy.

No one smokes outside, there are signs everywhere stating that is not permitted. Your key card is required to enter the building, and there is a security attendant (Steve) onsite almost all day who is very friendly and adamant about reporting anything to him. If you have any issues, simply dial 500 from your room phone and he'll answer.

Most of the guests are of a more transient nature like myself, looking for long-term housing, jobs, or whatnot, and not so much the "vacationer" type, but they aren't creepy or skeevy. There are vending machines and coin-op laundry onsite, and the front desk can sell you all the little things you may need if you don't feel like running down to Walmart or Walgreens within a couple of miles.

The bed is comfy, though it is a pretty basic firm mattress, and the pillows are kind of flat, I'll probably get some pillows from Walmart tomorrow. I will also note that the doors do tend to slam shut and can be noisy, but I haven't heard any of my neighbors or been overly disturbed. I went to Walmart the first night and picked up all the things I'd need (bottle opener, plates, utensils, cups, napkins, trash bags, and then some) for under $25, and this is all stuff I'll take with me to my new home when I move out, so it's not like I'm out any money.

I just need to impress upon those looking to stay here that it is not your typical hotel experience. If you're on a trip and need a cheap place to stay and don't have a problem with making your own bed and running out of crummy hotel mini soap, then look here. The rooms are clean and new, the rooms are very nice and I'd be more than happy to stay here again should I need to.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business