“Favorite meal on the hill!”
Review of Lyn D's Cajun Gypsy Cafe - CLOSED

Lyn D's Cajun Gypsy Cafe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I go to the gypsy as often as I can. I never tire of good Cajun food. The restaurant itself is not much to look at, but the food is awesome! Get the "Boo Balls" if they're available. If not, the crawfish boudin followed with étouffée or gumbo can't be beat!!

1  Thank chrisball05

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I LOVE cajun food! When I moved to Fayetteville, I was dissapointed when I tried Rue Orleans and then couldn't find any other cajun place to try. Then one day, I stumbled upon Lyn D's Cajun Gypsy. It is looks like a shack, but is oh so good. The Etoufee is my favorite. My husband loves the Red, Beans, and Rice. We also like the boudin and the brew soup. It is defnitely not fancy and open strange hours. You fill your own styrofoam cup with ice and tea. We usually get our food to go. OH and during crawfish season...their crawfish is great. Normally any time Lynn D is in there and so is her husband. They are from LA. They are really nice people.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

Just a reply on some silly reviewers. If your a big fan of Red Lobster or Long John Seafood then you may not appreciate the Cajun Gypsy. If you mind scooping ice from a plastic tub then head on over to the Food Court. If you think that Rue Orleans is the way Cajun food is served then go on over to sit in the ferns and enjoy the stuff they pass off as Cajun, it's Ok.
Lyn D's Cajun Gypsy Cafe will serve up Cajun food that is made with a well cooked rue that comes out with a deep rich color and full of all the flavors that will send you back down in deep Louisiana where you don't have to be surrounded by fanciful distractions to think you are getting good food. The food at the Cajun Gypsy is traditional with little flashes of creativity that make sure you know you aren't getting a pre-fab soup in a fancy bowl. Anything on their menu will hit the spot and satisfy a Cajun cravin unless of course you are the kind of gourmet that craves the Red Lobster.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

My wife and I have been eating at Cajun Gypsy since our daughter was in college at the U of A. She graduated in 2006. It has authentic Cajun and Creole dishes which are all very good. However, my favorite dish there is the brew soup. It is outstanding. The drinks and silverware and napkins are self serve and the food comes in styrofoam plates and bowls, but the food is what I come for and it is well worth it. It is a laid back atmosphere but I like it. Unfortunately, I only get up to Fayetteville now on Razorback game weekends, so I usually get to eat at Cajun Gypsy about once a year. The brew soup is worth the trip for me.

Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is by far the best Cajun restaurant in NW Arkansas. Food is excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Great little family run business with authentic Cajun food.