“clean but a little worn”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went to this hotel (Fairfield Inn in Fayetteville) because of the good reviews posted in November-December 2013. However, my stay in January, 2014 showed the hotel was a little worn and past its prime. The window curtains in my room were stained with something brown or coffeecolored in the middle toward the upper half, and the recliner chair in my room was ripped and torn on the left arm of it, on front. The floor didn't looked vacumned. The bed was clean as was the bathroom. The front desk at night was not super welcoming. I was disappointed based on prior reviews. Breakfast was fine. All clean there. Biscuits good. Appreciated the free newspaper. Wish the room had not felt shabby. I told front desk that first night, after arrival, about shape of my room and she just said she'd deduct $3 off my bill, but didn't offer to change rooms. I paid about $90 for my room, and have had better rooms for same price or about $100 a night in Little Rock at Crown Plaza (5th floor), LaQuinta in Russellville, and the Hilton in Little Rock. Also better service and warmer welcome. Not that good a value in comparison. Disappointed in this Marriot hotel. I've stayed in Marriot hotels before, and had good room and service. The day clerk was pleasant. The night clerk seemed cold.

Room Tip: I had asked for a top floor room but was given a second floor room. I asked the Night Clerk about t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RainbowWanderer
TMIHospitality, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear RainbowWanderer,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you found it to be clean, but am saddened that the rest of your stay was not to your liking. Please accept my apologies for that and also if any of my staff was less than helpful or friendly. I have addressed your concerns with my entire staff to ensure that future guests do not feel the same way. Please allow us another opportunity to change you mind on your next trip to Fayetteville.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating...EXCEPT...the young lady at the front desk on Sunday night. The ice machine had not been giving much ice all weekend but Sunday night I couldn't get even a glass full. When I asked the front desk lady she told me I could walk across the parking lot to the next hotel to get ice. It was 9:30 at night & I'm elderly! She should have offered to get the ice. There was an ice chest the next morning full of ice but none that night before.
Poor management to suggest to a guest to go out to get their ice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear 5Muses,
We appreciate your feedback of the Fairfield Inn Fayetteville. I'm glad to hear that my staff was friendly and accommodating. I do want to apologize that you didn't receive the level of service of which you should have from all of my staff. Customer service is extremely important to us, and what happened is unacceptable. I will address this with my guest service agent to assure it doesn't happen again. Once again, I'm very sorry and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel was clean but not very clean. Beds were comfortable but total lack any style. Also the free breakfast was very weak and not on par with the competition. The location was a bit off the main road but was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear RollinonOld66,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback about your recent stay. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be clean and quiet. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to impress our guests, and I'm sorry that this did not occur. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Fayetteville.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Jordan and the staff here are fantastic. We had previously worked out some stays for my parents as my mom was going through dialysis. Luckily, hose stays were not needed as my mom received a transplant. However, I was very impressed with Jordan and the attention to detail. Since then we have stayed at the hotel and are always very pleased with the service.
Thank you for all your support during a very difficult transition for our family! We appreciate you!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Debbie K,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We love having you and your family as our guests. We're so happy to hear we've been able to impress you so far, and look forward to our next opportunity.

Best wishes,
Jordan Caddy

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Bathrooms need updating. The hall on the third floor also need some updating but we're minimal cosmetic details.
Otherwise everything was excellent. The staff couldn't do enough. They were fantastic.
I will definitely be back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

After driving over 250 miles this hotel was a comfortable stay. The room was warm and the wall unit was quiet. The desk person was very pleasant and helpful in choosing a place to eat Dinner that night. Though the hotel was not far from the interstate the room I had was quiet. Not far from the university of Arkansas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Nikontom,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again next time you stop in Fayetteville!

Kind thanks,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the moment we walked through the doors we were welcomed by the nicest staff ever!!! They genuinely wanted to make sure we had everything we needed and offered assistance with directions to events, etc. The room was clean, comfortable and being on the top floor we did not experience any noise. The only two negatives were the shower had lower pressure than we like and the breakfast juice from the machine had a bad taste. But that didn't stop us from adding an extra night to our stay to do more sightseeing in the area. Loved the location. Definitely will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family