“Awful, Awful Awful”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Kansas
“Awful, Awful Awful”
Reviewed July 26, 2008

The service was horrible and the employees were terribly unfriendly. The beds were sunken in and very uncomfortable and the air conditioner was missing parts. I also killed two spiders in my room. The pool was nice with the exception of the staff hanging around smoking. I didn't expect much for the price but this was ridiculous. They would do Arkansas a favor by going out of business.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — Awful service and uncleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kansas80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Price is very nice, but your getting what you pay for. For a guys trip or something, not bad. But if you are trying to impress, this is not the place. If your coming intown for a game, this isn't a bad choice.
I stay here during most Razorback Football games. With gas prices these days, cost of game tickets, I have to cut cost somewhere. This hotel can be reserved for $40-$50, compared to a competitor just down the street that isn't any better that is double the cost ($100+).
I've never gotten in the pool, but it does look nice. Staff is friendly. Rooms are nothing special, just classic Motel 6 rooms. Again, your getting what you pay for, but the location is nice...it's right on the main drag and only a few minutes from the University of Arkansas.

• Liked — Price & Location
  • Disliked — Subpar rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kid_Dynamite

Travelers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

Elkins
Reviewed September 1, 2007

When he arrived to check in, my fiance had to wait for at least 10 minutes before he was helped by the desk clerk because she was gabbing on the phone. The smell of mildew was horrible. Had to go get air freshener just to tolerate it. The toilet would not stop running, so my fiance had to adjust the chain so we could sleep. The bathtub had pubic hair. The tub faucet would either adjust scalding hot or freezing cold. Thin towels. If we had an alternate choice for lodging we would have taken it, but due to the Hogs game we were stuck here. Filled out the comment card and turned it in to the front
desk so it would not be overlooked by housekeeping. Front desk guy asked about the stay..and since I cannot tell a lie, told him. He then immediatly started to argue with me. We should have done this..
and that..and sometimes if a reservation is being made on the phone it takes priority over a customer in the lobby. However, I informed him the call she was on was more along the personal lines than business. She did not even acknowledge his presence until she was done. I will not be going back to this establishment unless the only other option I have is to sleep in my car.

• Liked — The bed was sleepable
  • Disliked — To many to name
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crossesred
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 31, 2007

We are staying in pet-friendly hotels/motels because of our dog on the cross-country road trip we're on. So we're familiar with Motel 6. However, avoid this one.

Our room smelled quite strongly of mildew - the carpet was kind of spongy. Eeewww. Switched rooms, and the mildew smel wasn't so bad. But the toilet was blocked up! Double eewww. No maintenance man - so my husband borrowed a plunger from the front desk and did the job himself. And even then, the toile did not work well.

We left first thing in the morning, b/c the mildew smell was starting to give us a headache. Also, there was a group of young, shirtless men, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer, around the corner staying in one-two rooms. It looked as if they lived there.

They started wolf-whistling me, but when they saw I was walking my dog - who is part Rottweiler, part Lab - they shut up pretty quick. I guess they weren't as dumb as they looked.

• Liked — pet-friendly and price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Rheab
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 12, 2005

They leave a very bright light on for you, to keep you awake.
We stayed on the second floor during renovatons. The stairway was removed to our landing so we had to navigate through to construction zone to get to our room. The police raided the room next to ours at 3:30 in the morning. We were locked out of our room each night so that we had to redo our reservation each time. We were made to feel very unwelcome here from the time we checked in to when we checked out. Stay somewere else. Stay anywhere else.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 4, 2004

We did not expect a great deal from a Motel 6 but we did not even receive the bare minimum. We had previously made reservations for a block of four rooms. We requested none smoking rooms but did not receive them. All four rooms smelled of urine and old smoke smell. The pool was inoperable which sorely disappointed the children in the group. The knob on our bathtub was broken, so we could not take baths. All in all, we were very disappointed in this hotel and would not recommend it.

9 Thank igator97
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 29, 2003

The Motel 6 in Fayetteville is what I would describe as "bare bones" accomodations. You get two double beds, television (with cable), telephone, desk/dresser combo, and the basic acroutements. Towels are thin. All light fixtures are flourescent, so people who have problems with this type of lighting might want to choose another motel. However, the rooms are always spotlessly clean, and usually pretty quiet. The front desk staff is usually polite, professional and friendly-particularly the gentleman (who appears to be in his 60's) who appears to be manager of the place. I've also had some very friendly service from University of Arkansas students. One time I was allowed to choose my own room, which I really appreciated. Hint: If you can choose a room at the back of the complex, those are much quieter. The back of the complex backs up onto a residential area, and you are shielded from the College Avenue traffic noise.

Location is pretty good, but be aware that College Avenue is pretty congested. If you arrive at rush hour (yes, there is such a thing in Northwest Arkansas) be prepared for looong waits at the traffic lights.
Within 1 mile of Northwest Arkansas Mall and various chain restaurants, (Chili's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc.) There's a KFC right next door, and a strip shopping mall across the street.

Overall, if you need a cheap place to hang your hat for the night, this is a good bargain. Don't look for ammenities, but you will have a clean, safe room.

10 Thank m2violin