Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
white hall
“Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Big clean rooms for a good price It is very close to campus and to the bypass. The lobby smells of chlorine, but not a problem for us. The check in was slow but courteous
They have a nice breakfast area .

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really appreciated the professional, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly service from the front desk. Check in was easy and seamless and I was on my way to my room before I knew it! I LOVED the decor of the room - the blonde furniture and light colors were refreshing, bright, and cheery. AND CLEAN! The housekeeping staff obviously takes great pride in what they do. I enjoyed 6 great nights' sleep in a comfy bed. The rooms were peaceful and QUIET, even though there was construction going on outside my window. The TV channel line-up was okay, but not spectacular. The location was great, there was a Harp's grocery close by, as well as restaurants and a WalMart within walking distance on pedestrian friendly sidewalks. YAY! For the not-so-stellar stuff. The rooms could use a few more outlets. A maintenance professional on call would be a benefit, as well. My toilet had some issues, a 15 minute fix at most. I called down to the front desk, and their only option was to move me to another room. UGH! An hour to packing and unpacking was not pleasant, so I just went to our truck for a crescent wrench and fixed the toilet. Although the front desk was professional and NICE and reduced my night's fee, I really didn't feel like fixing a toilet. BUT, I would stay here again, for sure. I really enjoyed my stay and the extremely professional staff that took great care to provide the best customer service. Thank you for an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Both my colleague and I enjoyed a quiet room on different ends of the hotel, so I assume all rooms a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Big motorcycle rally in town. The hotel was full. I only needed one night. Finally booked a room at a competitor's hotel. Called the sales department manager at this Holiday Inn and told him that I would much rather stay in his hotel than the competitor's if there's a cancellation. He found me a room rather quickly. It was confirmed. I cancelled my room at the competitor's.

I wasn't disappointed. The room was an "Executive Suite" on the 4th floor, same price as all the other rooms with a single king size bed. Must have been a total of 400 sq ft, the front room was huge. Bed was good, Internet worked well. TV worked well. Air conditioning worked well and was very quiet. Even though there was a big party going on in the parking lot below, I couldn't hear it at all inside the room. Totally quiet.

My only constructive criticism is the shower. I wish it had enough pressure to make the massage shower head work. It wasn't awful, just could have been better.

They have a great breakfast area and the food (included in the price) was good.

Yes, I'd stay here again. Yes, I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I had room 415. It was great. Overlooked the interstate and parking lot, but was extremely quiet...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here after our meeting in Springdale because it was closer to our kinfolk. This place was great and the staff was friendly and helped us with a room on the ground floor. When we opened the door the room was very large with two king size beds. We stayed the one night but we could have stayed for weeks here it was that nice. We know where we will be staying on our next trip back to fayettevile. Thanks to the staff for all the help.

Room Tip: If you can get it we were in room 103. It was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights while moving in my son to the University and found it to be a very pleasant stay. The beds were comfortable, the staff was pleasant, the breakfast was adequate and parking was never a problem. The internet was intermittent and that is something that I wish the hotel would address but otherwise I really have no complaints. I would recommend this for someone looking for a budget friendly hotel that is close to restaurants, interstate and the university.

Room Tip: our room was to the back where there is construction but we never heard any noise from that or were...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The bed was comfy, the room was clean, the internet worked, and the TV worked great! But, this isn't a hotel room that I would want to stay in multiple nights because the room had an odd layout and the decor was very depressing. What do I mean? The furniture and the built-in cabinets, the drapes, and the walls were all a faded blonde. Why I think the layout is odd-when you walk in the door and reach with your left hand for the light switch you may grab the hairdryer by mistake! The sink is outside of the bathroom and has a huge mirror over it. Next to the vanity is another shelf with another mirror, and on the back of the bathroom door is a 3rd mirror! I am sure if a bunch of teenage girls were staying there they would love the mirrors but would be elbow to elbow if they tried to use them. I do feel the room was overpriced. I paid over $100 and I think it was worth $79. The breakfast wasn't good- but it is close to several fast food places that serve breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shelley511972
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear shelley511972,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am pleased that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance and layout of the room. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jonesboro, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This property is very dated. Beds were uncomfortable. Lighting was horrible. The bathroom was small and the wall treatment & flooring was dated. I won't stay here again until major work is done to update. Wonderful staff, but this property needs a major facelift!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear tracibsmith,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G