“Huge Room, Clean, Very Happy With My Choice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
St. Louis, MO
“Huge Room, Clean, Very Happy With My Choice”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is another one of those times when I read the reviews, and wonder if we were all staying at the same hotel.

I was very pleased with my room. It was huge – with 2 king size beds, long counter next to the sink with a small refrigerator and microwave under the counter. The counter was TALL– but still comfortable for even this short gal to use. I wondered if this was always a Holiday Inn or maybe a fancier hotel at one time as the room was so nice and spacious.

I always prefer the sink separate from the toilet and tub/shower so 2 people can get ready at once. Also, I can hear the TV news better while getting dressed in the morning.

The room was very clean. The bathroom tile may have been considered dated, but it was clean and the room itself very pleasant.

I loved having all of this extra space the 2 nights I spent there. Convenient to a McDonald’s and a couple of other restaurants in the area. I think there was also a gas station next door.

Easy access to the highway. Several other hotels nearby down the same street. Seemed to be zoned "hotel."

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Breakfast area was very nice - kind of like a restaurant with both booths and tables. Very spacious.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a difficult trip for us, as we were visiting a dear friend nearby—a young woman struggling with a terminal illness—and so a quiet, welcoming, comforting place to stay was very important to us, and the staff and facilities did not disappoint. We were initially upgraded by a professional, courteous staff to a clean, lovely room—and whatever needs we expressed were quickly answered. This facility is well located for all sorts of things, from football stadium to business centers to various historical sites…but we were mainly interested in a place to regain our energy and relax—and we were not disappointed in any way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is very similiar to other Holiday Inn Expresses. It is in a great location. The staff is friendly and the facility is clean. Breakfast is acceptable. The hotel, however, puts out fresh hot pizza each afternoon around 5:00PM. This is a nice touch for a snack right after close of business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for three nights, and while the location of the hotel was decent and somewhat convenient, the room itself was filthy and filled with the scent of mildew. The dark blue carpets looked like they hadn't been replaced in a decade, and the lighting was terrible. The only good thing about the room was that the beds were fairly comfortable and quite clean.

Overall, while staying at the Holiday Inn Express was not the worst experience we've ever had, we will most likely choose a different hotel when we return to Fayetteville later this year (unless the Holiday Inn Express receives a major renovation).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vge
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Very consistent with other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Usually stay at the HI in Springdale, AR during football season because it's less expensive. This HI delivered though. Great rate because it's NOT Razorback football season yet. Two king beds were very comfortable. Hotel was quiet and clean. Front desk attendant offered complimentary bottled water at check in which was nice given it was 103 degrees outside. This is a very convenient location to campus for you Razorback Parents.

• Stayed August 2012
DFW, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2012

No complaints, except loud slamming doors, in the hall. Heard not a sound from adjacent rooms, though. Immaculate, comfortable.spacious room, all necessary supplies. Hotel will provide items you forget.
Good breakfast. Friendly staff.
Would return, and recommend to others.
Close to UofA, closer to restaurants, shopping.
Had a corporate rate, stayed in a double king room. For my price, it was an excellent value.
Sleep quality would have been 5 stars, if it weren't for the slamming doors. Beds/pillows were fanatstic. Blackout drapes block all light.

Room Tip: Stayed on fourth floor. No complaints. No input on other areas of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BethKDfw_Tx
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I traveled to Fayetteville in order to visit UofA with my daughter who will be attending school there. Out of the many choices of hotels, I chose HI Express. I was not overly impressed with the hotel but opted to stay since I would be there only one night. Checked out around 11:30 the following morning, took care of business at UofA and traveled back home (5 hours).Once home, and unpacking,I realized I left my IPod laying on the bed in the hotel room. 100% sure, I phoned the hotel (about 10:30PM) to ask for my IPod, of course assuming the cleaner turned it in. Was told that the cleaners were gone, they had no access to the housekeeping lost/found until the following morning, that someone would phone me. Not hearing from the hotel, I again called and was finally told that no IPod was turned in. Because I am positive I left my IPod in the room, I pressed the issue with hotel management who was dismissive. In defending his cleaning staff considered "trustworthy", management was sure to point out my negligence in leaving the device and questioned my character for accusing a cleaner of finding/keeping the IPod. If you choose to stay at HI Express, be sure to secure your valuables and certainly make sure you leave nothing of value. So in essence, my one night stay at HI Express cosst me about $300. Not worth it!!!!!! UNHAPPY GUEST

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Carolyn D,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.