“Clean, modern decor, comfortable bed”

The Chancellor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here recently for a convention. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean and nicely decorated. I stayed in a corner room at the end of the hall and had no issues with noise. The only reason I would not rate it excellent is due to the parking situation, had to park in garage behind hotel. This is not the hotel's fault, just simply due to the downtown location, but as a female traveling alone, it's a little unnerving. Would be a great place to spend the weekend when you could enjoy Dickson street, football game, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room/location if this is of importance to you
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your compliments and thoughts on Trip Advisor. We’re glad to hear all the good things with your stay, as well as your concern with parking. In the future, we hope you’ll be our guest again. Please keep in mind that we do offer valet service, and that would alleviate your concern of being alone in the parking garage. We would always be happy to escort you as well, should you choose to self-park.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The parking is a little bit of a hassle. Have to park across the street in a parking garage after checking in. Really enjoyed the decor of the room, and we found the beds to be very comfortable. The bar seemed to be fun - good crowd having fun on a Thursday night. Had a great sleep. Enjoyed the location - quite a few good restaurants right around the hotel. Great service - everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to help us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I know you have choices and appreciate our hotel being your selection. I also thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay! I apologize the parking behind the hotel was a bit of a hassle for you. Please keep in mind for return visits, you may choose to valet park. This will take the hassle out of it for you, so your entire experience will be hassle free.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great location near some cute shops in downtown Fayetteville, and close to Dickson St (a little over a mile to the edge of U of A campus, and 1.7 to the heart of campus....I measured it on gps:). Well designed, clean and modern room, only negative was the horrible pillows (really bad, I ended up sleeping w/o one), and rooms are not very sound proof, but they seem to spread people out so it was not a problem. Lounge was great place to drink a glass of wine, and breakfast was good. I got the feeling the hotel was kind of new....it seemed like all the employees wanted to give you great service but they forgot simple things, like a spoon or cream with coffee....small things that weren't a big deal. Would definately stay here if my daughter chooses to attend U of A.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in town. We always appreciate people trying our hotel and giving their feedback to us, as well as, on Trip Advisor. Yes, we are in a great location to the University of Arkansas and within walking distance to cute shops, restaurants, and Dickson Street, the Entertainment District of Fayetteville. We appreciate you noting employees wanting to give good service, and I do apologize that some things were missed in the Restaurant and the pillows weren’t comfortable. Please never hesitate to let us know during a stay if we can do something to make your stay more pleasant. We will certainly address this with our staff. We’re glad to hear that you will be back, should your daughter choose to attend the University of Arkansas. We’ll look forward to welcoming you and your family back as our guests.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Finished an 850 mile trip in to Fayetteville by arriving at the Chancellor, ready for a good rest. Bellhop stacked luggage on cart, and my laptop bag slid off and ejected my laptop onto the sidewalk. Poor guy looked adequately mortified..... I checked my scratched up computer and luckily it booted right up.

Checked in, got room 911. Lobby looks nice, very modern looking with an Asian feel. Went up and started to get settled. Room was nice looking and clean.

Daughter wanted check the pool for a swim. They have a cool indoor / outdoor pool, but a sign on the door indicated that they are having mechanical issues and the pool is indefinitely out of order. Bummer.

We were exhausted and went to bed early, probably around 9pm or so. Bed felt funky... sort of like a memory foam top on a hammock. The mattress was really soft / saggy, and even more soft in the middle. At 11pm, our neighbors entered their room, which adjoined ours. The door slamming made me jump out of bed, and their conversation kept us up. I checked to see if the heater / AC had a fan mode. Called the front desk to see if so, and they said no. I mentioned that I could hear the neighbors pretty well, and they (to their credit) asked if I wanted them to call. I said no. In honesty, the neighbors were not being loud. They were just talking and the walls and adjoining doors were thin. I could not hold it against the neighbors. Went to bed, finally fell asleep. Woke up to more door slamming in hallway and had back pain and a numb arm. That was close to the most uncomfortable night's sleep ever.

Turns out that the front door and adjoining doors have a significant gap under the doors. That, coupled with thin walls / doors did not help.

The hotel was clean, and the staff personnel were friendly. But I have to ding them for sloppy baggage handling which could have been costly. Poor maintenance on the pool, bad noise issues, and especially the saggy / soft bed. We checked out early and transitioned to a different hotel.

We won't return.

2  Thank NM_Longshot

I want to thank you for staying with us. I also thank you for addressing your items of concern. I do apologize for your inconveniences during your stay. It was unfortunate that your laptop accidently fell off of the luggage cart, and I’m so glad that it still works. The pool was closed due to the installation of a handicap pod lift and the concrete was still curing at the time. We will have maintenance check the mattress, as we usually get great reviews on them. As far as the noise goes in the hotel, it was a very busy weekend here. We will have Engineering check on the gap under the door. We truly appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. After only being open six months, we still discover items that need to be addressed.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Was in town for my daughter's fellowship interview at UA Fayetteville. The students stayed here, so I booked my room here, as well. A couple of blocks from Dickson Street, where all of the popular restaurants and clubs are. Maybe about a half-mile from the UA campus. The property was a Hilton many years ago, but was recently purchased by a group of investors and completely renovated. Has an upscale look and feel. Room was well appointed. Didn't dine on the property. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay. Probably the best hotel in Fayetteville.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your stay. We’re always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy their stays with us. We appreciate the great review and comments, as well as, you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
We hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Being given the Old Main Suite was a good way to start my first visit to Fayetteville.

This is a classy hotel, with all the mod-cons you could ask for and could easily think you were in New York City.

This suite has two complete bedrooms, one with two double beds, tv and bathroom. Then the one I slept in which is a king-bed, tv and bathroom with a super-large shower stall.

It would have been great if there had been multiple shower heads, but alas no. The size is slightly ridiculous as you have to walk from one side of the shower to get your shampoo off the ledge and then walk back under the water. They might want to rethink that!

There is also a dining table with banquette and guest bathroom by the entrance to the room.

The main room is the size of a small football field! There are lots of seating arrangements and another TV on the wall. There is also a balcony the length of the suite with a nice view of the town and university.

This is a real indulgence, but you could share this suite with family or friends and only meet up when you were ready to dine.

It's close to Dickson Street, the main dining & shopping street, you could even walk, but I know American's just don't do that!

Super place to stay to discover this lovely town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Fayetteville. We appreciate you taking the time to rate us and share your comments on Trip Advisor. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the shower and appreciate your feedback on that.
We hope to be able to welcome you back you back as our guest when you come to town again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for New Years and were just amazed at the changes in the building. The hotel has been nicely made over, and not with just some new blankets and towels. There are no remnants of the former hotels that have occupied the space. Everything is so modern and clean. The restaurant and bar are fantastic. You can't beat the location. The staff was beyond nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie F
PaigeSmith1981, Director of Sales at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Stephanie,

It's so to nice to hear that you spent your New Year's Eve with us! I'm certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you getting on Trip Advisor to share your experience. We did take this building to the bare concrete and do a total renovation on it. They sold everything, so it is all brand new.

We look forward to having you stay with again during your time in Fayetteville.