“Not Impressed”

The Boardwalk Bar and Grill
Springdale, Arkansas
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife & I ate here about a month ago. We were excited to have a seemingly nice restaurant close to the house. We came away very disappointed. We started with the coconut shrimp appetizer, which was very overcooked, and not good at all. I had been craving a good tuna steak, so I had their peppercorn tuna. The tuna was overcooked, and had a strange hot pink color to it. Any tuna steak I've ever had has a nice dark red center. The tuna was tough & chewy, which was disappointing, because had it been cooked well, the peppercorn sauce would have complimented it nicely. The parmesan cream corn was very good, but if that's the star of a meal that has a tuna steak on the same plate, that's not a good sign overall.

There have been several restaurants in this location that have not survived, and in my opinion, they all had better food than what we experienced here. The service was just okay, but definitely could have been better considering it wasn't very busy at all. The atmosphere was nice, and they have built a pretty cool half-moon bar as you walk in. If we do go back, it'll be for drinks there.

• Visited June 2013