“Very glad we gave it a try! ”
Review of Ay! Caramba - CLOSED

Ay! Caramba
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. We were only in town for the day. We're from Branson, MO.
We visited in the late afternoon and there was no one else there. The service and food were excellent!
I had the Chicken Chimichanga and my family had beef tacos, burrito gigante, and enchiladas tapicas. Everyone was happy! My 13yr old who never likes salsa loved the salsa and chips! If your in the area I would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant Sunday 2:00pm. The restaurant wasn't very snazzy from the outside, but the interior had a nice atmosphere and parking was good. The restaurant was very clean. The employees were dressed neatly. The tables and chairs looked polished and brand new. The ladies room was nicely decorated and very clean too. No cut corners at all at this restaurant (even the toilet paper in the ladies room was the super soft expensive kind).

I seated myself and within moments the server brought me water, chips and salsa. The salsa was a tad spicy (I usually eat mild) but it was definitely not from a jar, so I'm not complaining. I asked for a few minutes to look at the menu. 4 minutes later my server came back and took my order. I ordered a small white queso and 1/2 order of steak fajitas nachos with extra re-fried beans from the appetizer menu. My order was delivered within 10 minutes. My plate came loaded and it looked more like an entree than an appetizer. Everything was delicious. Really delicious. All of the toppings on my nachos were freshly prepared. There was fresh shredded lettuce, cilantro, a few tiny diced red onions, grilled onions, green pepper, diced tomato, re-fried beans, guacamole, sour cream, chips, and of course, steak. They didn't go skimpy on the steak either. Every single bite had a of chunk of meat in it. Definitely did not have to poke around to find it.

There were about 15 other people in the restaurant, but service was so great that you'd think you were the only person there dinning. The owner stopped by my table and my water was topped off. My server stopped by the perfect amount of times. Not too many times that he was annoying. Not too few times that I was left waiting for a drink refill or more chips & salsa. When people left, tables were immediately cleared and cleaned.

My to-go box was sturdy and the to-go cups were high quality too - on my way home both my queso and salsa cups toppled all over the place and not a single drop was spilled. Prices were reasonable too. For chips & salsa, water, small white queso, 1/2 order of steak fajita nachos with additional re-fried beans, my tab (with tax) was $13.

I recommend this restaurant and I give high marks because everything was clean, well decorated, staff was friendly, and service was great. The food was fresh and delicious. Everything was high quality.

1  Thank Asdoek
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Good mexican food (( not tex-mex). Nice display, good quick service. Order at counter and pay, food and drinks will quickly follow.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ay Caramba is, for me, the best Mexican food in Fayetteville. Hands down. Ordering can take a minute, but the food comes out quick, and it's always delicious! I've shared this place with several of my friends, and they've all become regulars. Excellent salsa, cheese dip, enchiladas (I get the enchiladas tipicas) and nachos. You really can't go wrong here.