“Great Food”

Cross street: Joyce
Fayetteville, Ark.
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Meiji is consistently good and has some items you cant find in other restaurants. The specials are always fresh and creative. The sushi chefs are the best in town. I enjoy taking people here because they are always impressed with the food.

Visited March 2013

“Delicious food, slow service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy the sushi here. They are always consistent. Food is fresh and delicious. Portion sizes are great. The only issue I have with Meiji is the service is painfully slow. I no longer dine in unless i have plenty of time. My last dine in experience there took a little over an hour for delivery if my entree. Even basic rolls ordered for take out have required 45-60 minutes on my last 2 visits. Absolutely delicious though.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chantalfnp
Fayetteville, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner with 2 other "foodie" couples. I was skeptical at best... it breaks my #1 rule of not eating sushi in the middle of the country. I will break the rule again. It was delicious! We had dumplings and edamame for appetizers-- both great. Several people had sushi rolls, some had nigiri and sashimi... everyone raved. One person had the chicken teriyaki dinner and could not stop mmm'ing as they ate! Even the dessert was incredible... plum sorbet. The service was good enough and they had enough adult beverages to satisfy everyone at the table. We all agree we will add this place to our regular rotation of restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
N.W.A.
“Best in town”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is great Japanese food and sushi. Cooked proteins are almost always a little overcooked, and portions of proteins are on the slim side. But other that that and slow kitchen service, this place it VERY good and fresh.

Visited December 2012
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Hopeful then disappointed”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have some good sushi places here in Fayetteville, but I had heard that Meiji had the best fish in town. I went there with five family members on a Tuesday, and I was so excited to try the nigiri and sushimi offerings. My hopes were quickly dashed however at the slow service; 15 minutes to take our drink order, 30 minutes to take our food order- and it wasn’t that busy with half the tables empty. When the entrees finally arrived for five of us at the 1 hour fifteen minute mark, my wife had to wait an extra 10 minutes for hers to come out,

I thought the sushi was just average and I was quite disappointed at the size of the nigiri and sashimi which seemed half the size as what you get at the other places in town.

The one bright spot was the miso soup which was some of the best we’ve eaten, and the mandarin orange cake for dessert was a big hit. I think Meiji is a better spot during lunch when hopefully the service and kitchen are more up to speed.

• Visited January 2013