All reviews historic hotel dickson street hardwood flooring southern charm young woman top of the line comfortable bed would definitely stay here again in town razorback football visiting fayetteville nice stay restaurants and bars complimentary breakfast a great place to stay staff was very friendly dormitory
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a business trip to the University of Arkansas. The room was very comfortable, staff was very friendly, and the building has been recently and beautifully renovated. The complimentary breakfast offers good options for a light morning meal. I ate two meals at Ella's and enjoyed both; I'm a vegetarian, though, and although my meals were very good, it would be nice to see a few more meat free options on the menu.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, going out of their way to help me a couple of times. I was hungry late one evening when the kitchen was technically closed, but the bartender told me that he thought the chef might still be there. He went out of his way to find the chef, brought me a menu, and served me at the bar. On two occasions I went down to the front desk in the evening and couldn't find anyone to assist me for a few minutes, but this wasn't a big deal.

The room was nice, with a very comfortable bed and good wireless internet. It was a little on the cool side; I felt that the heater was a little slow but was able to get it up to a comfortable temperature with a little effort (i.e. setting it about 5 degrees higher than the temp I actually wanted and waiting a while). The room had a cute little sofa and a desk with a good chair.

I had an excellent visit and would certainly return if I had business in Fayetteville.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Inn at Carnall Hall is the perfect place to stay when you have meetings at the University of Arkansas. This historic inn is located on campus and has been beautifully renovated. The room was simple but well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed on the first floor and was worried about noise from the entry hall and lounge but did not experience any problem with noise.

The restaurant Ella's served well for both dinner and breakfast since I did not want to go out and explore the town. There are plenty of dining choices within walking distance on
Dickson Street if you need more variety.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We really enjoyed and appreciated the amenities and beauty of The Inn at Carnall Hall, which is located on the campus of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. When we drove through the campus the first thing we noticed was the scarcity of visitor parking, so access to the hotel’s guest parking was a particular convenience that allowed us to come and go easily and freely. It's an elegant facility, staffed by gracious personnel who provided great service, and we could not have asked for a nicer, more comfortable room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm in the film business and travel a lot, all over the world. The Inn at Carnal Hall provided some of the most relaxing and uniquely charming experiences I've found in a hotel. The staff are without exception the friendliest and most competent I've encountered. The room's are luxurious, and I'll be honest: I love a good hotel bar. The Lounge at the Inn is wonderful: sophisticated, with an Old World charm, and the manager Jesse, did an amazing job servicing what ended up being a rather large group. I never write reviews, because I rarely care enough to do so. But the entire experience was so first-rate, I had to report on it. Thanks to all the staff and proprietors.

Room Tip: While there's no gym in the Inn, they provide guest access to the University Fitness Center, which is fantastic, and a short walk from the Inn across a beautiful campus.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nic P
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am very impressed with the friendly helpful service at Carnall Hall. When in Fayetteville make a point of visiting the hotel for drinks or for dinner even if you are not in need of a truly elegant room. The front desk attendants are exceptional in their ability to make guests feel welcome, Drew especially. He is quick to recognize repeat customers and greets all guests with a welcome smile.

Lambeth Lounge is a beautiful space with comfortable furniture to relax and enjoy a fine drink. Sadly, Ryan the bartender is no longer there with Rusty Nails in hand. Fortunately his two replacements are friendly and attentive. Jesse and Josh greet me by name and also know my drink.

If you are looking for a great place that will cater to your need for being comfortable and welcome, Inn at Carnall Hall is the place to go in Fayetteville,

Room Tip: Request a room on the south side and wake to an amazing view of the campus arboretum.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends